Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Pretty sure the only coach that gets universal respect at this point is Pop (at least that's active).
Call me crazy, but I would take Tom Thibodeau over him. It's 1a and 1b to me.

Top 3

1. Tom Thibodeau
2. Pop
3. Doc

Edit- knew I forgot someone

Last edited by PACKmanN : 10-22-2012 at 12:38 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers can have Austin Daye. I think he's the worst player I've ever seen.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adelman probably doesn't get enough credit.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Top 3

1. Tom Thibodeau
2. Pop
3. Scottie Brooks
Not a chance in hell I'd take Thibs. He's an excellent defensive coach, but again they have offensive issues and he overplayed Rose/Deng to ridiculous degrees which has contributed to their wear and tear. Pop transformed his team from the best defensive team to the best offensive team in like 3 years, that's remarkable.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty sure the only coach that gets universal respect at this point is Pop (at least that's active).
I would say Rick Adelman fits your description as well.

I wouldn't say he is revered to the extent that Pop is, but everyone seems to love Adelman.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a chance in hell I'd take Thibs. He's an excellent defensive coach, but again they have offensive issues and he overplayed Rose/Deng to ridiculous degrees which has contributed to their wear and tear. Pop transformed his team from the best defensive team to the best offensive team in like 3 years, that's remarkable.
Pop has always had this image of coaching his "under talented" team, which is not the case. He's had three top ten players at their positions for a very long time(2 in which were at top point top 2-3)
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a bigger gap between Pop and the #2 guy than the gap between 1 and 2 in any other sport by far. And it's probably been that way for a while too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

I wouldn't say he is revered to the extent that Pop is, but everyone seems to love Adelman.
I suppose you're right. I still think Pop is head and shoulders above everyone else right now, though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-22-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Top 3

1. Tom Thibodeau
2. Pop
3. Scottie Brooks
Thib is strictly defense though. A great defensive coach, were in Mike Brown is just a good defensive coach but he's really been one dimensional up until this point. I dont know what to make of Brooks yet... decent defensive coach but I'm not sold yet.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pop has always had this image of coaching his "under talented" team, which is not the case. He's had three top ten players at their positions for a very long time(2 in which were at top point top 2-3)
If that's the image you think people have of the Spurs you're talking to the wrong people.
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I suppose you're right. I still think Pop is head and shoulders above everyone else right now, though.
He is for sure. I give Adelman a ton of credit though. He's done a lot with very little. He could just never get his top players to stay healthy in Houston.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I think Rick Carlisle is pretty universally respected too. Not to the degree of these other guys but that's the next guy I thought of.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

I was screaming for Adelman instead of Brown. He should have been the guy. But Jim Buss wanted to improve the defense and went with Brownie. I'm not very fond of Jim Buss.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I've decided that I want Jerry Sloan to come out of retirement and coach the lakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Never have I said that. Spurs have always been talented, but Pop has done an excellent job of preserving guys like Duncan and Manu over the last several years. Plus, he's starting to figure out really talented guys like Splitter and Leonard and making his team an offensive machine.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I was screaming for Adelman instead of Brown. He should have been the guy. But Jim Buss wanted to improve the defense and went with Brownie. I'm not very fond of Jim Buss.
Yeah, Jim Buss can **** himself.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
If that's the image you think people have of the Spurs you're talking to the wrong people.
Packmann makes little sense in this thread. Some of the stuff he says is puzzling.

Pops is the best coach and its not close.

I think George Karl should get some love too. He's done a great job with the Nuggets.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Packmann makes little sense in this thread. Some of the stuff he says is puzzling.

Pops is the best coach and its not close.

I think George Karl should get some love too. He's done a great job with the Nuggets.
Pretty one dimensional, though. If you can play transition defense and make them play half court offense they are screwed for the most part.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adelman would have been awesome. Like I said a little earlier...JVG is who I truly wanted but Adelman would have been just as sweet. I'll never be a fan of Mike Brown.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Lionel Hollins is a guy who has taken probably taken a team with the least amount of talent and made them a strong team in a strong west

Plus I like what he does with his line-ups and matches
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. I think Pop is last remaining head coach from the holy trinity of Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan and Gregg Popovich.

Those three were on an entirely different tier of head coaches for the past decade or more.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
He is for sure. I give Adelman a ton of credit though. He's done a lot with very little. He could just never get his top players to stay healthy in Houston.
No doubt. Really, he's had the terrible luck of running into MJ when he coached the Blazers, then the Shaqobe Lakers when he was with the Kings, then he made chicken salad out of chicken **** with Houston. Really, really good coach. I really wanted the Lakers to hire him.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah, Jim Buss can **** himself.
Buss should look at the players on his team, not the coaches on his staff if he wants to fix the defense.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, I understand. I really wanted the Knicks to hire him too but that would have required us firing D'Antoni too which ended up happening anyway.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I think Rick Carlisle is pretty universally respected too. Not to the degree of these other guys but that's the next guy I thought of.
Another great defensive coach like Thibs. He's a little more well rounded though than Thibs but not on Pop or Doc's level, IMO. I think Pop is clear cut best in the league because of his ability to coach both ends. But I dont think Doc gets enough credit. Thibs gets most of the props for his defenses, just like Mike Brown did when he was Pop's assistant but ppl will realized just how well rounded he is soon enough. I just think as a whole, ppl underrate the value of assistant coaches in the NBA. All the best coaches always surround themselves with great, yet underrated assistants.