Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Paul a dork?
Yes 356115 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 356115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Doc wasn't all that great until he got the Big 3 and that first year with him all I remember is him ******* **** up all the time lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping that by midseason or so, Mike Brown has completely handed control of the offense to Eddie Jordan and they're just full on running the Princeton O.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Buss should look at the players on his team, not the coaches on his staff if he wants to fix the defense.
He over-reacted to how Dallas exposed our defensive inabilities. It was bad, but wasn't bad as it looked. Phil Jackson is the GOAT of NBA coaching IMO, but he had a half-ass approach to defense. And it reared its ugly head well before that series. But it was that series where it just all came to a head.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Lakers starters played over 32 minutes. That can't be a good sign for them.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like a zoo right now a lot of times, with the Princeton right now and it seems to take the ball out of Nash's hands a lot which I dont really like. Hopefully they are still just feeling it out, and forcing the action rather than just running what comes natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda miss the triangle.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
All Lakers starters played over 32 minutes. That can't be a good sign for them.
He said before the game he was going to play all his starters with the regular season minutes to get them ready. Mentioned he will be working to keep Kobe in the 32-35 minute range...

...we will see though.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I kinda miss the triangle.
I just miss having structure on offense haha.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
I'm hoping that by midseason or so, Mike Brown has completely handed control of the offense to Eddie Jordan and they're just full on running the Princeton O.
He already has. Jordan runs the offense. But we will never run the Princeton all the time. We will let Nash dictate when to run offense and when to run PnRs, iso's, push the tempo, etc. Nash has free reign basically...Kobe too, to an extent.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Adelman would have been awesome. Like I said a little earlier...JVG is who I truly wanted but Adelman would have been just as sweet. I'll never be a fan of Mike Brown.
Hell no the JVG. Never liked him. He's a slightly better version of Mike Brown. His brother is the better coach. SVG is a good coach. Underrated to me. He got stuck under Otis Smith and his horrible eye for talent and cohesion early. Then with D12 and his ******** last year.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
It looks like a zoo right now a lot of times, with the Princeton right now and it seems to take the ball out of Nash's hands a lot which I dont really like. Hopefully they are still just feeling it out, and forcing the action rather than just running what comes natural.
The Kings ran the Princeton, or a variation of it, with Adelman in Sacramento. Everything ran out of the high post with Webber and Divac. The PGs were generally good ball handlers and had a 3-point shot, but they didn't have to be amazing distributors.

I get wanting to run the ball through Pau in the high post who will feed it down low to Howard. It makes sense because it utilizes 2 of your weapons. At the same time, what is the point of having an amazing distributor at PG if you are going to run a Princeton offense?

It doesn't make sense.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you watch the game, NIP? I was too busy watching football and Homeland that i didn't catch it. If you did, how did our guys look?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always thought Doc wasn't all that great until he got the Big 3 and that first year with him all I remember is him ******* **** up all the time lol
2004: Doc broadcasts the Tayshaun block on Reggie Miller game. His outlook on life is changed dramatically, he becomes a more charitable person and stops using heroin. Gets hired as Celtics coach.

2005: 33-49 in his first year as coach with the Celtics.

2006: 24-58, 2nd worst record in the league. Everyone laughed at them when they missed out on Greg Oden in the lottery.

2007: Acquires Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Championship. Doc becomes a great Basketball mind.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
He already has. Jordan runs the offense. But we will never run the Princeton all the time. We will let Nash dictate when to run offense and when to run PnRs, iso's, push the tempo, etc. Nash has free reign basically...Kobe too, to an extent.
Quote:
The Kings ran the Princeton, or a variation of it, with Adelman in Sacramento. Everything ran out of the high post with Webber and Divac. The PGs were generally good ball handlers and had a 3-point shot, but they didn't have to be amazing distributors.

I get wanting to run the ball through Pau in the high post who will feed it down low to Howard. It makes sense because it utilizes 2 of your weapons. At the same time, what is the point of having an amazing distributor at PG if you are going to run a Princeton offense?

It doesn't make sense.
Hm....good points all around.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you watch the game, NIP? I was too busy watching football and Homeland that i didn't catch it. If you did, how did our guys look?
I didn't get a chance to catch the game since I don't have NBAtv, but I read the game was a mix of good and bad for the Kings. Specifically, the Kings played with more good ball movement today with the exception of the 2nd quarter in which they reverted back to ALL iso-ball. Brooks seems to be a catch for the bench depth and Fredette seems to have performed fairly well off the bench again.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
2004: Doc broadcasts the Tayshaun block on Reggie Miller game. His outlook on life is changed dramatically, he becomes a more charitable person and stops using heroin. Gets hired as Celtics coach.

2005: 33-49 in his first year as coach with the Celtics.

2006: 24-58, 2nd worst record in the league. Everyone laughed at them when they missed out on Greg Oden in the lottery.

2007: Acquires Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Championship. Doc becomes a great Basketball mind.
To be fair, PP was the only guy worth anything at the time on the roster between those years.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
To be fair, PP was the only guy worth anything at the time on the roster between those years.
They used to have this one guy named Al Jefferson who became the main asset in the trade for Kevin Garnett. He was pretty alright.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Doc's biggest strength is that players have a lot of respect for him and like playing for him.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I actually think Doc's biggest strength is that players have a lot of respect for him and like playing for him.
This is all I really want out of a coach.

That's why I hated Stan Van Gundy. Epitome of the opposite of that.

Jacque Vaughn has surprised me with how he handles himself and his plan for the team. I thought originally that his name came from left field, but it's clear now why Hennigan saw this would be a great fit.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It doesn't make sense.
Aweome post.

...but we're talking Lakers here. They have to have the best that their greedy hands can get a hold of. That's why Nash is there.

BTW, we can just lock up the Championship this year. Howard on the Lakers last night was just a glimpse and even that was unreal. I can't see the Heat and Thunder beating the Lakers. You won't be seeing Westbrook, Durant, Wade, Lebron... drive to the rim with the ease they had last year.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Aweome post.

...but we're talking Lakers here. They have to have the best that their greedy hands can get a hold of. That's why Nash is there.

BTW, we can just lock up the Championship this year. Howard on the Lakers last night was just a glimpse and even that was unreal. I can't see the Heat and Thunder beating the Lakers. You won't be seeing Westbrook, Durant, Wade, Lebron... drive to the rim with the ease they had last year.
All this hand the Lakers the title already talk is rather nauseating. Sorry to brak it to ya but Bynum is better than Howard, Nash spent more time on the sideline stretching his back than he did playing last year. Plus him and Kobe together? They both need the ball in their hand to operate. Oldest front court in the league. No more Matt Barnes and not to mention OKC and maybe even SA are better right now. Denver on the rise. And dont forget bout the triple threat in South Beach. So lets just wait and see before we crown the Lakers just yet. Oh and by the way, they did lose the gm last night, to the Kings at that.smh.

By:BK the God

Last edited by Polamalu_is_God : 10-22-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
All this hand the Lakers the title already talk is rather nauseating. Sorry to brak it to ya but Bynum is better than Howard, Nash spent more time on the sideline stretching his back than he did playing last year. Plus him and Kobe together? They both need the ball in their hand to operate. Oldest front court in the league. No more Matt Barnes and not to mention OKC and maybe even SA are better right now. Denver on the rise. And dont forget bout the triple threat in South Beach. So lets just wait and see before we crown the Lakers just yet.
Wut. (10 char)
Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They used to have this one guy named Al Jefferson who became the main asset in the trade for Kevin Garnett. He was pretty alright.
If your plan is to argue that the pre-KG Celtics weren't hopelessly bad at basketball, you are going to fail miserably.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Wut. (10 char)
Ask Shaquille.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Wut. (10 char)
He's trying really hard to troll the OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
If your plan is to argue that the pre-KG Celtics weren't hopelessly bad at basketball, you are going to fail miserably.
That's not what i'm saying at all. But Al Jefferson was a very good young player at the time. Too bad Pierce and Al were surrounded by Wally Szczerbiak and Raef LaFrentz.