Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
All this hand the Lakers the title already talk is rather nauseating. Sorry to brak it to ya but Bynum is better than Howard, Nash spent more time on the sideline stretching his back than he did playing last year. Plus him and Kobe together? They both need the ball in their hand to operate. Oldest front court in the league. No more Matt Barnes and not to mention OKC and maybe even SA are better right now. Denver on the rise. And dont forget bout the triple threat in South Beach. So lets just wait and see before we crown the Lakers just yet. Oh and by the way, they did lose the gm last night, to the Kings at that.smh.
90-95% of this post is totally wrong.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his trolling is so bad that it almost is a new form of trolling

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing the Lakers lack is a good bench. I except to see them keep 2 starters in when they give their starters rest. Since their starters, except for Howard, are on the wrong side of 30. It could add up in minutes as the season progresses
Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry guys. The Knicks got this.

#YearofDaKnick
Old 10-22-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
All this hand the Lakers the title already talk is rather nauseating. Sorry to brak it to ya but Bynum is better than Howard, Nash spent more time on the sideline stretching his back than he did playing last year. Plus him and Kobe together? They both need the ball in their hand to operate. Oldest front court in the league. No more Matt Barnes and not to mention OKC and maybe even SA are better right now. Denver on the rise. And dont forget bout the triple threat in South Beach. So lets just wait and see before we crown the Lakers just yet. Oh and by the way, they did lose the gm last night, to the Kings at that.smh.
100% of this post is totally accurate.
Sorry Laker fans.(85% of these forums)
Metsox is mad he lives in podunk cow city,Texas.
I mean somebody has to bring some objectivity to this site..... nd that's me.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this guy.

I like him a lot.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be great if he was actually funny, or in any way amusing. But he's like any new NBC drama. Trying their best to seem like they're serious, but the writing and acting is so beyond terrible that it becomes cheesy and forced.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna lie...I chuckled at the podunk cow city, texas part. Is podunk even a real word?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate the Lakers. But facts are facts. Bynum is not better than Howard in anything except in finesse low post scoring, free throws and knee injuries. The difference maker will be Howard's defense and explosiveness to finish at the rim. Bynum has very little explosion. His knees are shot. He might be ok at blocking shots, but he doesn't make guys think twice about driving to the rim like Howard does. There's a difference between being a shot blocker and a post defender. You saw that last year... Ibaka was the greatest shot blocker last season by far, but guys like Wade and Lebron still attacked the rim with ease. Ibaka blocks shots but he's not a guy who's mere presence can control the paint. He doesn't have the body for it, so guys try to go around him. No denying his talent to block shots, but the high attempts against him... goes hand in hand. Howard gets more respect so guys don't try to go at him at the same clip. I laugh at folks who think Bynum is better than Howard.

Let's not pretend that age is an issue with Nash and Kobe. They are still elite players. PG is the one position in the NBA where age affects them least. ...and the idea that both Nash and Kobe need the ball in order to be effective is completely false. The fact that they can both run the offense will only be a plus. But I honestly think it will be interesting to see how this plays out. We might see a transition in Kobe's game. He may not be the ball dominant scorer we're used to seeing. I think he's gonna be feeding the ball A LOT. His passes to Dwight were NASTY. JUST NASTY.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to get to watch this Blazers team. While Lillard, Matthews, Batum, Aldridge, Leonard is closer to the league's worst lineup that its best, it will be really exciting to watch as we're so much more athletic than we were last year.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hate the Lakers. But facts are facts. Bynum is not better than Howard in anything except in finesse low post scoring, free throws and knee injuries. The difference maker will be Howard's defense and explosiveness to finish at the rim. Bynum has very little explosion. His knees are shot. He might be ok at blocking shots, but he doesn't make guys think twice about driving to the rim like Howard does. There's a difference between being a shot blocker and a post defender. You saw that last year... Ibaka was the greatest shot blocker last season by far, but guys like Wade and Lebron still attacked the rim with ease. Ibaka blocks shots but he's not a guy who's mere presence can control the paint. He doesn't have the body for it, so guys try to go around him. No denying his talent to block shots, but the high attempts against him... goes hand in hand. Howard gets more respect so guys don't try to go at him at the same clip. I laugh at folks who think Bynum is better than Howard.

Let's not pretend that age is an issue with Nash and Kobe. They are still elite players. PG is the one position in the NBA where age affects them least. ...and the idea that both Nash and Kobe need the ball in order to be effective is completely false. The fact that they can both run the offense will only be a plus. But I honestly think it will be interesting to see how this plays out. We might see a transition in Kobe's game. He may not be the ball dominant scorer we're used to seeing. I think he's gonna be feeding the ball A LOT. His passes to Dwight were NASTY. JUST NASTY.
Bynum just went to Ger. to get the same shot Kobe got. He's straight. He is a better all-around scorer. Howard and Nash both have back problems and they have no bench. Just sayin.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I'm excited to get to watch this Blazers team. While Lillard, Matthews, Batum, Aldridge, Leonard is closer to the league's worst lineup that its best, it will be really exciting to watch as we're so much more athletic than we were last year.
You must not be familiar with the Bobcats. Lamarcus Aldridge alone makes you better than the Bobcats, Magic and Rockets.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Lillard looked in preseason? If he's good the team will be fun to watch and could be sneaky good.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You must not be familiar with the Bobcats. Lamarcus Aldridge alone makes you better than the Bobcats, Magic and Rockets.
Oh I know, I think you're misunderstanding my point. I'm saying I'm not expecting a ton of success this year and don't want people to think I'm saying they're gonna win the title. This thread goes a little overboard on the extremes.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
How has Lillard looked in preseason? If he's good the team will be fun to watch and could be sneaky good.
I honestly haven't had a chance to watch any preseason games, but I've heard he is easily the most impressive rookie thus far.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breed is right about OKC and San Antonio being better, maybe Denver as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It'd be great if he was actually funny, or in any way amusing. But he's like any new NBC drama. Trying their best to seem like they're serious, but the writing and acting is so beyond terrible that it becomes cheesy and forced.
stop discussing my love life like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They'll be in the playoffs. Easily.

Just wait till Leonard becomes the player he's supposed to be. He's got the potential to be a MONSTER. I love your line up... not sure what you're smoking to think they will be among the league's worst.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're overrating the crap out of Leonard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
They'll be in the playoffs. Easily.
now you're trolling :/

Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and all 5 northwest division teams?

Last edited by fenikz : 10-22-2012 at 07:02 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
now you're trolling :/

Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and all 5 northwest division teams?
The only NW teams I like as playoff teams are OKC and POR. Others will have to fight.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're overrating the crap out of Leonard.
No I'm not. It's gonna take him a year or two, but once he hits his prime, he will be one of the best Centers in the league.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched a Blazers preseason game and he was pretty freaking good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Oh I know, I think you're misunderstanding my point. I'm saying I'm not expecting a ton of success this year and don't want people to think I'm saying they're gonna win the title. This thread goes a little overboard on the extremes.
I wasn't going overboard on anything, from what i understood you said it was close to being one of the league's worst starting lineups (which it's not, not even close), but i may have mis-read that.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wasn't going overboard on anything, from what i understood you said it was close to being one of the league's worst starting lineups (which it's not, not even close), but i may have mis-read that.
I wasn't talking about you, I meant it on the other side of the spectrum where people think I'm saying we're the second best team in the West or something. The Blazers will be exciting to watch, but aren't in that top-tier. That was my point.

Compliments of TACKLE