Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meyers Leonard is really good at being tall and jumping. That's about the extent of his talent.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Meyers Leonard is really good at being tall and jumping. That's about the extent of his talent.
He has a pretty good motor, good character, hustles and tries hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Aweome post.

...but we're talking Lakers here. They have to have the best that their greedy hands can get a hold of. That's why Nash is there.

BTW, we can just lock up the Championship this year. Howard on the Lakers last night was just a glimpse and even that was unreal. I can't see the Heat and Thunder beating the Lakers. You won't be seeing Westbrook, Durant, Wade, Lebron... drive to the rim with the ease they had last year.
Much too early for those kind of assertions. We still have a huge defensive liability in Nash, which good teams will expose. I mean did you not see Marcus Thornton and Brooks bust our starters collective asses? We still can't guard good 1's and 2's yet. It's a work in progress. And our bench is still subpar. I know Jamison will come around and I have a serious man crush on Jordan Hill but I have ZERO lack of faith in anybody else. Both the Thunder and the Heat got better. It's not like they stood pat. We will need time to gel and there will be growing pains. That much is obvious.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-22-2012 at 09:44 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And SA is not better than the Lakers. Not on paper nor anywhere else. Only team in the west the Lakers are looking up to at the moment are the Thunder. Denver scares the **** out of me though. They're going to be much better than I think ppl realize. And the Clippers will give us problems as well. Their roster is deep and loaded with talent.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Breed is right about OKC and San Antonio being better, maybe Denver as well.
Im not Breed

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
And SA is not better than the Lakers. Not on paper nor anywhere else. Only team in the west the Lakers are looking up to at the moment are the Thunder. Denver scares the **** out of me though. They're going to be much better than I think ppl realize. And the Clippers will give us problems as well. Their roster is deep and loaded with talent.
Parker Ginobili Duncan Jackson Blair Splitter Bonner Green Mills Jefferson Anderson and Leonard. Deep like a hookers vag.

Last edited by Polamalu_is_God : 10-22-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: FORGOT LEONARD. thnx wmd.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you name 10 Spurs and not Kuh-Why Leonard? Don't piss me off.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
How do you name 10 Spurs and not Kuh-Why Leonard? Don't piss me off.
IM WASTED. LOL THNX BRO I EDITED.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
They're more efficient, better defensively, deeper, and have a considerably better head coach.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
IM WASTED. LOL THNX BRO I EDITED.
Edit him to first and never make that mistake again.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
They're more efficient, better defensively, deeper, and have a considerably better head coach.
Amen......and lol @ wmd.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In the pre-season?

And Dwight made the Magic a top 3 defense in the NBA and didnt have perimeter defenders anywhere near the caliber of MWP and Kobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its pretty hard to argue that the Lakers won't be really really good. The only potential downfall I see is if their lack of depth causes an over reliance on their starters thus wearing them down or causing potential injuries. Normally I'd say that wouldn't be a huge concern either, but you never know with Mike Brown.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
In the pre-season?

And Dwight made the Magic a top 3 defense in the NBA and didnt have perimeter defenders anywhere near the caliber of MWP and Kobe.
No, in general. And Kobe isn't anywhere close to a great defender anymore, you know it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, in general. And Kobe isn't anywhere close to a great defender anymore, you know it.
His last couple all-defensive team selections are a joke.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
His last couple all-defensive team selections are a joke.
How he made it over Iggy mystifies me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-23-2012, 03:03 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I never said he was great. But you are kidding yourself if you would say there is a perimeter defender on the Magic better than him....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point Aaron Afflalo is probably a better man defender, but yes i understand that you meant Dwight's Magic teams.

And Kobe doesn't play anywhere near the level of defense he used to. Just doesn't have the legs for it anymore.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He was the same way at Illinois. He's big, has great coordination to go with athleticism, and good touch. But he's lazy, gives up when the going gets tough, by all accounts didn't really work much to improve his game in school, and is about as tough in the paint as Amare is.

If someone can light a fire under his ass, he could be a good player. But for years he's really just never looked like he gives a ****.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like even though we have seen a little decline from Amare.. his end is here unfortunately.

Out 2-3 weeks with the type of injury that "worsens with activity".

:(
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jae Crowder has been impressive in these pre season games, with Dirk out for 6 weeks i gives Crowder the chance at having more playing time which is probably the only benefit we get out of Dirk being out.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a force at Marquette and played with a love that you like to see out of kids.. little undersized though isn't he?
Go Amare.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been playing both SF/PF with him and Marion on the court at the same time they're interchangeable at the sf/pf position.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Yeah I guess certain guys will expose him but a nice skill set he has.
Go Amare.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
In the pre-season?

POP>>>Mike Brown. 100x's better coaching, and Parker Ginobili Jackson and Leonard way better perimeter D than the Lakers. I want what you smoke.