Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
At this point Aaron Afflalo is probably a better man defender, but yes i understand that you meant Dwight's Magic teams.

And Kobe doesn't play anywhere near the level of defense he used to. Just doesn't have the legs for it anymore.
I do not disagree with this.

It's part of the reason they had to get Dwight IMO. They aren't stopping anybody on the perimeter anyways, so might as well let Kobe and Nash save their legs for offense.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They're more efficient, better defensively, deeper, and have a considerably better head coach.
They have a better bench....that's it. More efficient? Maybe in the regular sesson, where a deeper bench might come into play. Come playoff time, it will be a repeat of last year. They don't have enough scoring, IMO to keep up with the Thunder or the Lakers. I would say probably the Clips also. Where was this so called defense when the Thunder smoked them? The Spurs have no one who can contain Dwight, Nash, or Kobe, just like they had no answer for Westbrook and Durant last year. Duncan is still Duncan but he can't guard Dwight with no help anymore. That creates problems for the Spurs because they aren't a good 'help' defensive team. Overall they're better as team defensively, but when they have to double(especially in the post) and recover off that is when they will get exposed. And D12 is a much better passer out of the double than Bynum could ever dream of. It's a totally different animal for ppl who claim there is no difference between D12 and Bynum. There's a huge difference in the little things they do to make a offense more efficient and productive. Plus, let's not overlook the fact that for a couple of seasons now, their star players have been no shows at certain times in the playoffs. Parker pulled a Houdini for much of the Thunder series last season. It's not like they don't have their own issues to overcome.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
POP>>>Mike Brown. 100x's better coaching, and Parker Ginobili Jackson and Leonard way better perimeter D than the Lakers. I want what you smoke.
I'll give you Leonard. And Jackson on his good days. Artest is still a better defender than him though, even at this stage of his career. The other two, not even.

The only thing that worries me is Mike Brown. That's it. That is our only real kryptonite. The bench will sort its self out I think and if not, Mitch will do what is necessary. But Brownie might be in over his head.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'll give you Leonard. And Jackson on his good days. Artest is still a better defender than him though, even at this stage of his career. The other two, not even.

The only thing that worries me is Mike Brown. That's it. That is our only real kryptonite. The bench will sort its self out I think and if not, Mitch will do what is necessary. But Brownie might be in over his head.
Any way you wanna slice and dice it, the Lakers are the 3rd best team in NBA as of right know.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any way you wanna slice and dice it, the Lakers are the 3rd best team in NBA as of right know.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bottom line is there is about a 90% chance one of the Lakers, Heat, and Thunder are going to win the title. Nothing else really matters.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Much too early for those kind of assertions. We still have a huge defensive liability in Nash, which good teams will expose. I mean did you not see Marcus Thornton and Brooks bust our starters collective asses? We still can't guard good 1's and 2's yet. It's a work in progress. And our bench is still subpar. I know Jamison will come around and I have a serious man crush on Jordan Hill but I have ZERO lack of faith in anybody else. Both the Thunder and the Heat got better. It's not like they stood pat. We will need time to gel and there will be growing pains. That much is obvious.
Howard will make up for Nash's defensive liabilities. Guess who's waiting in the paint in case someone blows past Nash? If someone blows past Nash, they're gonna see Dwight step up and all you'll see is that PG dribble the ball right back out of the paint. LOL.

All Nash has to do is basically guard perimeter shots. Easy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Howard will make up for Nash's defensive liabilities. Guess who's waiting in the paint in case someone blows past Nash? If someone blows past Nash, they're gonna see Dwight step up and all you'll see is that PG dribble the ball right back out of the paint. LOL.

This sounds hilarious and I can't wait to see it haha.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that sounds awesome on paper but it doesn't always work that way. Howard can stop the initial drive yes, but he has to come off of somebody to do it, making the defense rotate and possibly open up holes when someone is late in doing so. Nash being a terrible defender still has an impact it's just lessened, and it's not as easy as just saying "all he has to do is guard perimeter shots."
Old 10-23-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

But then Dwight's coming down to cover the paint will cause other openings for the offense to score.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Meant to say Western Conf. And r4l nice reply, you make valid points.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do still have liabilities on defense, no one said we didnt. But Dwight most definitely helps that, Kobe is still SOLID but nowhere near what he once was and Metta is still a good defender. Nash will have to slow his men down...he is a bad defender, but its not because he doesnt try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meant to say Western Conf. And r4l nice reply, you make valid points.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why he is a troll? Do Lakers fans honestly think they are anything more than one of 5-6 teams with a shot to make it out of the Western Conference? This isn't 2006 and you have no bench.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They're more efficient, better defensively, deeper, and have a considerably better head coach.
Aside from being a bit deeper, and the head coach part, you can't say any of this until they new look lakers have you know...actually played a game together.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Why he is a troll? Do Lakers fans honestly think they are anything more than one of 5-6 teams with a shot to make it out of the Western Conference? This isn't 2006 and you have no bench.
Read his ******* posts...and if you can tell me he isn't a troll with a straight face you're out of your mind.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not a laker fan but I think they are clearly a top 4 team in the league on paper. Also lol @ "anything more than one of 5-6 team with a shot to make it out of the western conference" wouldn't that be called a championship contender? and is that not the pinnacle of what you'd want to be pre-season?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

He's a troll, but not because he said the Spurs are better than the Lakers. I disagree, but the Spurs went 50-16 last year (best record in the league), are one of the deepest teams in the league, and are by far the best coached. Not to mention Pop had to be careful with Parker/Ginobili/Duncan's minutes because of the shortened schedule last year.

I think he's wrong, but it's not ridiculous. Much dumber things have been said in this thread.

Last edited by yo123 : 10-23-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As bias as I am towards the lakers and how much I can't stand Dwight. They're still a really good team as of now. They still have no depth, but still they've improved a lot. Nash being a real pg that isn't as worthless as their past pgs will help them a ton and you know that guy named Dwight. But with Bynum's production last year you can argue Dwight=Bynum production wise. I think their best pickup was PG being the floor general.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
As bias as I am towards the lakers and how much I can't stand Dwight. They're still a really good team as of now. They still have no depth, but still they've improved a lot. Nash being a real pg that isn't as worthless as their past pgs will help them a ton and you know that guy named Dwight. But with Bynum's production last year you can argue Dwight=Bynum production wise. I think their best pickup was PG being the floor general.
Production wise on the offensive end, but his defensive presence is the thing that sets him so far apart from Bynum.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccB View Post
I'm not a laker fan but I think they are clearly a top 4 team in the league on paper. Also lol @ "anything more than one of 5-6 team with a shot to make it out of the western conference" wouldn't that be called a championship contender? and is that not the pinnacle of what you'd want to be pre-season?
Sure. The Lakers have a chance at the title. So do about 8-9 other teams that aren't the Heat. I never said they didn't. But I don't see how saying things like the Spurs are better is trolling. There's a good chance they will be better.

Also, "on paper" is usually worth about as much as the paper.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Sure. The Lakers have a chance at the title. So do about 8-9 other teams that aren't the Heat. I never said they didn't. But I don't see how saying things like the Spurs are better is trolling. There's a good chance they will be better.

Hes not a troll just because of his spurs comment. His posts as a whole are ridiculous.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eh, you can cherry pick the things he says that aren't trollish, but he also said that they're downgrading from Bynum and Matt Barnes.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Well before the season starts all we have is what's on paper...

And now we are lumping them in with 8-9 teams? They are clearly on the top tier of teams in the league...I'd say they are part of a big 4 with MIA, OKC, and SA. There aren't 5-6 other teams comparable to them in talent thats poppycock.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for me it's Mia, LAL & OKC >>>>>>>> everyone else. I really don't think any other team has a chance if the rosters were to stay the same

the only other team with a chance to get into that tier would the Bulls with a healthy Rose after somehow ripping off a team like the Mavs or Hawks for Dirk/Smith

Last edited by fenikz : 10-23-2012 at 05:03 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote