Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Felton needs to focus on dropping some ******* weight first.
He's gonna drop your 50 year old PG first.

#YearOfTheKnickz
Old 10-27-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Martin WAS a good player, but he stopped driving last year (which he used to be great at) and is pretty much deadweight defensively.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Terrence Jones will be good defensively and play really hard. K-Mart is a very good player, but if he is playing well he will be dealt.
Regardless if he's playing well or not, Rockets will end up trading him at the trade deadline. Rockets are all about stocking up on draft picks in hopes they can land a star player.

Thats why the Rockets are such a young team now. Tried to stock as much young talent as they could so they could try to land Howard. As you can see that worked out well. Maybe Im a homer but I dont see why the Magic would pass on guys such as Patrick Patterson, Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Jones, Chandler Parsons, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Rockets unprotected 1st rounder and a couple more 1st rounders.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Regardless if he's playing well or not, Rockets will end up trading him at the trade deadline. Rockets are all about stocking up on draft picks in hopes they can land a star player.

Thats why the Rockets are such a young team now. Tried to stock as much young talent as they can so they could try to land Howard. As you can see that worked out well. Maybe Im a homer but I dont see why the Magic would pass on guys such as Patrick Patterson, Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Jones, Chandler Parsons, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Rockets unprotected 1st rounder and a couple more 1st rounders.
Magic obviously took a worse deal to bottom out. That's the only reason why they would've passed on Bynum/offers from BK and the Rockets.

And, if Martin sucks again idk if anyone will want him let alone surrendering picks.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys just need to get Royce to get his **** together. Talent wise he's a top 5 player in this class imo.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin has a 17 million expiring contract. That would come in handy.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Magic obviously took a worse deal to bottom out. That's the only reason why they would've passed on Bynum/offers from BK and the Rockets.

And, if Martin sucks again idk if anyone will want him let alone surrendering picks.
Offers from BK include Bropez, who is now overpaid to the extreme. I'd rather bottom out than have to take on that disaster of a contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You guys just need to get Royce to get his **** together. Talent wise he's a top 5 player in this class imo.
If he can control his anxiety (if I can learn to, he can dammit), and improve his ugly turnovers/free throw shooting, he should be good to go. Don't think he'll be a star, but a poor man's Lamar Odom or something could work in theory.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Martin has a 17 million expiring contract. That would come in handy.
Expirings haven't been fetching good packages lately....Rockets would have to take at least one horrific contract back if they want to get a pick out of it.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed but I dont see him playing much this year. And I don think a coach like Kevin McHale can maximize his talents. He's a good guy but I think this whole bus situation he's doing will end up biting him in the ass.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kevin Martin WAS a good player, but he stopped driving last year (which he used to be great at) and is pretty much deadweight defensively.
Early last year, officials focused on not calling fouls when an offensive player dives into a defensive player in the paint to draw a foul. Martin wasnt getting the calls he'd gotten his whole career, so after a few weeks of it not working, he just said **** it and turned into 100% jump shooter.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

And from now on, I'm in full on analyst mode and here to show the world dammit. No more mister troll in this thread.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Offers from BK include Bropez, who is now overpaid to the extreme. I'd rather bottom out than have to take on that disaster of a contract.

If he can control his anxiety (if I can learn to, he can dammit), and improve his ugly turnovers/free throw shooting, he should be good to go. Don't think he'll be a star, but a poor man's Lamar Odom or something could work in theory.
I think he could be Lamar Odom, he just needs to add a 17 foot or so jumper. He kept freakin Iowa State in the game by himself against a team with 6 NBA players, kid is legit and should have gone higher. If a fear of flying and an anxiety problem derails his career that's too bad.

Last edited by yo123 : 10-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Obviously I'm talking pre contract.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I think he could be Lamar Odom, he just needs to add a 17 foot or so jumper. He kept freakin Iowa State in the game against a team with 6 NBA players, kid is legit and should have gone higher. If a fear of flying and an anxiety problem derails his career that's too bad.
3.8 turnovers per game and sub 50 percent FT shooting is pretty worrisome, too. I do give him credit for his skills, but that must be fixed.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
3.8 turnovers per game and sub 50 percent FT shooting is pretty worrisome, too. I do give him credit for his skills, but that must be fixed.
I'm more worried about the FT percentage than the TO's, he does have a pretty ugly stroke at this point. He had to do literally EVERYTHING for that team. He was running the point at 6'8 260 pounds, he's not going to be asked to do that in the NBA.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just love the fact that he chose Iowa State over Baylor because he didn't want to fly there

Last edited by fenikz : 10-27-2012 at 03:38 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PJ III unquestionably fell way to far. Outside of the lottery, it's pretty much a crapshoot anyway so gambling on talent is the way to go. I generally agree with you that talent wins out, but Drummond looked nothing like the player people thought he was going to be at UCONN. He totally **** the bed and looked like a player that could be out of the league in 5 years/a defensive role player. It's not like he's Dwight Howard here.

Hell, based on what you're saying you'd take him over a guy like Kyrie who most people figured was just going to be a solid/dependable guy that maybe eeks out one ASG in a Mike Bibby like career. These solid, safe picks in the top 5 still have talent and are almost as likely to become superstars.
It's obviously all really subjective. I could make an argument for Drummond over about half the guys who went before him though. We could go back and forth all day on this. Wes Johnson and Evan Turner were supposed to be safe picks too. Teams hit and miss both ways. It's all a matter of mixing risk and reward.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Yeah and I think he declined going to Kentucky too cause of that.

I may be wrong, but Im fairly certain that Royce said that with this whole Bus thing he's doing, he may miss a game here and there.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stand by what I said.

Suns seemed to be just fine with Nash useless on defense. Asik is improving on offense though, it showed in the preseason. I don't think he'll be great, but pushing average on offense with his defense is huge.
The Suns defense has been terrible. He won't be much of a liability this year though with Dwight and Pau down low.

And as a Bulls fan, I can say that Asik is not even close to being the best big in the league. He has the potential to be in the top 5, but he's way too erratic. He must have learned a lot after being coached by Thibs though.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nash will always be a liability, he tries hard but just simply doesn't have the ability to guard the PGs in the west(Westbrook, Lawson, Parker, etc)

Grant Hill spent a lot of time guarding PGs for us the last 2 years

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I do think that PJIII was worth the pick where he was selected, I'm a bit hesitant to label him to have massive potential solely due to his physical tools. Something I look for in 'potential' is big steps of improvement from year to year, especially with players who are fairly raw. PJIIIs physical talents really should have allowed him to dominate in college, but he really didn't make huge strides from year to year. I think that was the main thing that bothered me about him coming out (aside from the health stuff). Drummond is harder to judge because he was only there for a year and that year was a mess at UCONN.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@WojYahooNBA
The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.

What. The. ****. Thunder.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.
Whaaaaaaaaa??????

**** just got real in Houston!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

What.

The.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Holy ******* ****. Wow.