Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
6-8 from the field and 13 points, he could use some work on FT shooting to get more consistent but he'll at least be a very solid contributor off the bench for us in the future. Not as many rebounds as usual tonight and he as always has a block. It's been nice to see him progress the past few weeks.
Yea he'll be a bench guy next year as well, but the year after that I think he'll get a shot to start. If he keeps progressing though this year, and into next year, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him get starts.

I meant "putting on a show" in the sense that he's just all over the place. He's had like 3 or 4 highlight reel plays, and he just made another one on a tip in.

His jumper needs work too, but he's knocked down a couple tonight. I just love how he plays. He's all over the place and his athleticism is just fun to watch.

He just threw in 2 more candidates for dunk of the year btw. Yea I'm probably a homer on those but who cares, they were sweet.:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dezra this game is ugly dude. Yuck. Fun to watch but man the offense looks pitiful. Oh well, I guess if we win, we win.

Btw, TT for MVP tonight!! (or at least for now)

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes I wish I didn't live in Jersey, I would've loved to see Tyrus' game tonight. Best I have is Yahoo Sports. He's shooting a better percentage from the field than he is from the free throw line (9-14 vs. 5-11) tonight, at least he hasn't taken any threes (we've only taken TWO tonight, both by Gordon who made one and missed the other). Nine boards and a block as well. One thing he'll definitely need to work on that I consistently see in the box score is fouls. If he gets into foul trouble when he gets more minutes he won't be able to stay on the floor which is a big problem. How has Jefferson looked for the C's? He's one of the more improved players this year IMO and has been one of the few bright spots for that team.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a great win over one of the worse teams in the NBA but a win is a win. Tyrus showed potential tonight which is good, and I may be wrong but I believe we're now 10 games over .500...I think this team is moving in the right direction. I love the job Pax does as GM. Now if we can get a consistent low post scorer, we really are in great shape to be one of the better teams in the NBA.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Sometimes I wish I didn't live in Jersey, I would've loved to see Tyrus' game tonight. Best I have is Yahoo Sports. He's shooting a better percentage from the field than he is from the free throw line (9-14 vs. 5-11) tonight, at least he hasn't taken any threes (we've only taken TWO tonight, both by Gordon who made one and missed the other). Nine boards and a block as well. One thing he'll definitely need to work on that I consistently see in the box score is fouls. If he gets into foul trouble when he gets more minutes he won't be able to stay on the floor which is a big problem. How has Jefferson looked for the C's? He's one of the more improved players this year IMO and has been one of the few bright spots for that team.
Jefferson was waaaay more effective from the outside tonight, which surprised me. But he was hard to contain.

Tyrus just flat out put on a show tonight. He was all over the place. Haha our offense was basically "throw it up to Tyrus so he can dunk it." And it was pretty effective too.

Big Ben should never shoot that many shots again in his life, it was pitiful to watch. Good on the boards and on defense though.

It was ugly but I'll take it. 10 games above .500! :D

Quote:
Old 03-13-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, the Heat game was pretty crazy tonight. I still don't think they have a chance against the Pistons, but they'll definitely make it interesting with Washington.

Also, Al Jefferson is going to be an all star next year if he continues to drop some of the extra weight and put on more muscle (I believe he said that he added about 15 pounds of muscle last offseason). That hook shot is sick.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ahhhh whats happening to my Lakers. At one point they were 14 games over .500 and now they are... 2 games over. They looked like a legitimate contender in the West for awile but injuries killed them.

Not that it matters though, I cant see anybody standing in the way of Dallas. Not even Phoenix.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Righ now Dallas is hoping and praying that Golden State doesn't get the 8th seed. 0-4 against them this year.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
Righ now Dallas is hoping and praying that Golden State doesn't get the 8th seed. 0-4 against them this year.
Haha ya I saw that stat on ESPN. Thats weird as hell. Id still take Dallas in a series regardless.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
Ahhhh whats happening to my Lakers. At one point they were 14 games over .500 and now they are... 2 games over. They looked like a legitimate contender in the West for awile but injuries killed them.

Not that it matters though, I cant see anybody standing in the way of Dallas. Not even Phoenix.
I've got Pheonix winning it this year. But that all hinges on D'Antoni not f*cking things up. Use your bench douche bag, ugh. I hate watching him coach sometimes.

Amare is back and at full strength. Nash is the MVP again this year. Marion is top 5 player at his position. Bell is a great defender IMO. Barbosa is instant offense. Diaw is a very talented player who can play 3 or 4 different positions on the floor. The Jones' are good offensive weapons to have.

On paper this team is the class of the NBA, but they need to use their god damn bench once in a while. They do that, and they win, they don't and they where their guys out.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I've got Pheonix winning it this year. But that all hinges on D'Antoni not f*cking things up. Use your bench douche bag, ugh. I hate watching him coach sometimes.

Amare is back and at full strength. Nash is the MVP again this year. Marion is top 5 player at his position. Bell is a great defender IMO. Barbosa is instant offense. Diaw is a very talented player who can play 3 or 4 different positions on the floor. The Jones' are good offensive weapons to have.

On paper this team is the class of the NBA, but they need to use their god damn bench once in a while. They do that, and they win, they don't and they where their guys out.
And it's not just using our bench. D'Antoni has Eric Piatkowski and Pat Burke in the rotation ahead of Marcus Banks, Jalen Rose, Jumaine Jones, etc. We have such a deep bench, but D'Antoni relies way too much on our core players. I feel if we actually integrated guys like Banks (who actually started playing decent when he got minutes), Rose, and Jones that they'd get into more of a rythm. The Suns play great on the road (I believe that we have the best road record in the NBA), so I don't see homecourt advantage being that big of a factor. I wouldn't mind if we sacrificed some W's just to get our starters (especially STAT) some more rest.

EDIT: By the way, anybody catch D'Antoni's hissy fit on Monday? He had to get restrained from going at the ref.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Camby: 14 points, 7 blocks

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

Quote:

Well tomorrow we will see. They play tomorrow Im pretty sure. I got Dallas by 3.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I was bored after the Bulls game so i came up with a trade idea after the season. The only problem is i dont quite understand the sign and trade idea. But ill throw it out there and hope ppl correct me.
Bulls sign and trade Andres Nocioni to Portland with Denvers 2nd for Fred Jones (a useless Guard), who then trades its First to Golden State who sends Andris Biedrins the Bulls way. We also give GS back its second rder.

So
Bulls get- Andris Biedrins C/PF (who then should have an extension given to by the Bulls), Fred Jones G (a 1 yr contract, might be waived)
Portland get-Andres Nocioni SF/PF and Denvers second rder
Golden State get-Portlands first and 2nd rd picks, along with their own from Chi.

Bulls lose-Andres Nocioni, both 2nd rd picks, and cap space
Portland loses-1st rd pick, a move down in the second
Golden state loses-Andris Biedrins

Bulls advantage-A young PF/C whos experienced enough to be game savvy yet young enough to still have a long life ahead of him, plus they retain their 1st rder to fill the void left by the loss of Noc, Brown, Allen, and Sweetney.

Portland Advantage-They get the fifth piece of their puzzle. A small forward who brings scrappiness, and points to the table along with veteran leadership.

Golden State advantage- Picks. They get picks to choose from what could be the deepest draft ever or fodder to move up for a final piece. Along with minutes for the young Patrick O Bryant.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:38 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How come whenever I watch him he's not good? Wierd. I see the stats but the last 3 or 4 times I've seen him he's been god awful.
Probably cause Joe Johnson has been out but he has really taken control of his team, most important is that he now has control to his game he doesn't try to do too much, first off the defense and rebounding is always there as I'd be shocked if he wasn't 1st team all NBA defense although the "popular" names always get chosen first, but on the offensive end he is making 3's and knowing when to put it on the ground no longer dribbling in crowds, as of now the 15.2 ppg is solid but will only rise from now on.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Here's an interesting trade scenario that somebody brought up on the Phoenix Suns board:

Assuming that Memphis gets the first or second pick, they trade Pau Gasol and that pick to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire and Atlanta's pick (probably five or six). Thoughts?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

The Celtics could have an unbelievable front line if they get Oden and stick him next to Jefferson, or even a decent smallish lineup if they get Durant and stick him at PF next to Jefferson. Don't know if Durant would be better suited for SF in the pros though...
Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's an interesting trade scenario that somebody brought up on the Phoenix Suns board:

Assuming that Memphis gets the first or second pick, they trade Pau Gasol and that pick to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire and Atlanta's pick (probably five or six). Thoughts?
I don't see that happening, Amare dominates.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
I don't see that happening, Amare dominates.
If they had the first pick I'd do it (Oden-Gasol-Marion is the best frontcourt in the NBA), but if they had the second pick I wouldn't.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they had the first pick I'd do it (Oden-Gasol-Marion is the best frontcourt in the NBA), but if they had the second pick I wouldn't.
eh, I don't know about messing with a winning formula. Will Gasol and Oden(who hasn't really shown his offensive game yet) mesh well with that running style?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No way in the world Gasol has so much leverage on Memphis they would not get equal value in return and Amare is 10000x better than Gasol for what the Suns do.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terry Stotts fired! Thank God, there is no reason for us to be this bad. I give him a little bit with Redd being out for a month and a half, but before and after it they still weren't that good.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=20604
Old 03-14-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

knicks need to beat the raptors tonight
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it is a huge game
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

we play you guys like three more games so we gotta take advantage
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote