Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Actually we were talking about the Clippers....but that statement still stands, Wright blows. And who is Brand going to guard without being a complete liability?
Wright does not blow.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is Toronto wearing?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turiaf is a good low block defender. Hollins has length and is active on the boards. Clips don't need scoring from their bigs, they need defense and rebounding. They have plenty of scoring elsewhere. And if LO ever gets in shape and is locked-in, you can throw him into the mix. The Heat just won the title with Bosh playing center and not one big men even in their rotation. The Clips have the scoring elsewhere to get it done. Its shouldn't be a issue. They have bigs that are athletic and can get up and down the floor, something few teams in this league posses. They fit with how they play.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-10-2012 at 07:04 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually we were talking about the Clippers....but that statement still stands, Wright blows. And who is Brand going to guard without being a complete liability?
lolwut? Brand is a really good defender.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
lolwut? Brand is a really good defender.
Used to be good....hasn't been for awhile though. He won't bother anybody with length on a legit contender. He's still got good strength on the block and decent feet but length matters when you going against guys like Serge, Jordan, and the length a team like the Nuggets can put on the floor. It's just certain teams he would struggle with match-ups wise in the playoffs, imo
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Henderson out the Bobcats essentially started two 5's, two 3's, and an undersized two tonight. What a weird lineup. Although maybe I'm not giving Kemba's PG skills enough credit, haven't watched him a ton since college.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Used to be good....hasn't been for awhile though. He won't bother anybody with length on a legit contender. He's still got good strength on the block and decent feet but length matters when you going against guys like Serge, Jordan, and the length a team like the Nuggets can put on the floor. It's just certain teams he would struggle with match-ups wise in the playoffs, imo
Well, yeah, length and jump shooting 4's are an issue for him (although you are thinking of centers mainly), but he was still one of the better defensive big men in the league last year. He graded out as the best defender on the sixers last year according to Synergy, which is really saying something because they were a very good defensive team. I think he was top 10-15 in both steals and blocks for PF too. As a "depth" guy he is an incredible defender. You're not right on this one.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more importantly Nick Collison was talked down upon and he ******* rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well looks like I didn't have to say anything here, ty rob and brodie.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

In other news, Kaman's socks tonight are ridiculous.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well, yeah, length and jump shooting 4's are an issue for him (although you are thinking of centers mainly), but he was still one of the better defensive big men in the league last year. He graded out as the best defender on the sixers last year according to Synergy, which is really saying something because they were a very good defensive team. I think he was top 10-15 in both steals and blocks for PF too. As a "depth" guy he is an incredible defender. You're not right on this one.
He was in the East though. Who is he going against every night playing for the Sixers last year? Not a abundance of talent at the 4 in the East. The West is a different beast. I stand by my statement. Against legit 4s, he will be a liability. Nothing against Brand, I think he's as solid as you could get off the bench but defensively, I don't see him slowing down many 4's in the West.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh too many turn overs this game, can't believe we're going to overtime against the bobcats

Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Kemba Walker has a lot of steals.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are very bad, very very bad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay Rockets won a game. Give us the Pistons every night!

Harden still struggling with his jumper, but getting to the line. Lin is good sometimes, and immensely frustrating other times. Oh, and Terrence Jones finally got playing time!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Turnovers killed us.

Can't wait to have Marion and Dirk back hurry up and heal damnit!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Yay Rockets won a game. Give us the Pistons every night!

Harden still struggling with his jumper, but getting to the line. Lin is good sometimes, and immensely frustrating other times. Oh, and Terrence Jones finally got playing time!
comahan! Tell me WTF is going on with our boy Patrick Patterson? I loved the dude coming outta college and thought he would be a really good starter for us after seeing how well he played his rookie year. But it seems he is regressing each season for us.

We need Jones to move in and take his place. And its about god damn time he got some PT tonight. THANK YOU SAMPSON.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biedrins went 2-2 at the free throw line and the Warriors crowd went insane. It was hilarious
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
comahan! Tell me WTF is going on with our boy Patrick Patterson? I loved the dude coming outta college and thought he would be a really good starter for us after seeing how well he played his rookie year. But it seems he is regressing each season for us.

We need Jones to move in and take his place. And its about god damn time he got some PT tonight. THANK YOU SAMPSON.
Patterson's fine. Good defender, good shooter, etc. Rough game tonight, but was the ONLY reason Houston had a shot against Denver. He's also still slightly banged up from the quad injury he had that kept him out of the opener. He's probably the 3rd best offensive player on the Rockets. They're a much worse team without him.

He'd be best as a bench guy to relieve the starter though. Come in, give 20 solid mins of smart d and good offense, then give way back to a more impactful player.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden needs to let the game flow more. He's forcing too many things -- the first two games got to his head. The Rockets need to take the ball out of his hands and let Lin handle the ball more.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Harden needs to let the game flow more. He's forcing too many things -- the first two games got to his head. The Rockets need to take the ball out of his hands and let Lin handle the ball more.
It is more like defenses are letting someone else on our team beat you rather than Harden. The second he touches the ball he is getting double teamed. Asik doesn't have much of an offensive game and Lin is still working on his shot. That leaves Delfino who practically lives and dies at the three point line to hit a lot of shots.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't Favors start? He has 7 blocked shots in 25 minutes of playing time in two games. He has the same stats as Marvin Williams in half of the playing time.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Why doesn't Favors start? He has 7 blocked shots in 25 minutes of playing time in two games. He has the same stats as Marvin Williams in half of the playing time.
yes why isn't favors starting and why is ilyasova playing so frustratingly terrible?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Well Favors and Marvin dont play the same position so thats an odd comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I really, really hope that the Lakers somehow wind up with Dunleavy.