Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Amar'e has done absolutely nothing in his entire tenure there. I think he blocked a potential game winning layup by Lebron once. That's it.

He got a max deal in a panic move by the organization when they whiffed on Lebron. Instead of saving their cap space, they crippled themselves for five years with a guy who couldn't even have his contract insured due to his recurring knee injuries. Everyone knew he was injury prone, the Knicks knew he was injury prone, and they still give him 25m/year. And to the surprise of absolutely no one, he's had injury riddled years ever since.
Its like you were reading my mind but yes, to all of it. I never thought highly of Amare's skill-set so maybe I'm a bit biased but as player, I thought he was a very underwhelming talent that got by on his insane athleticism early on and once the microfracture happened, he would need to put in the necessary work on his game to sustain. He never put in the work and his game stagnated. Under D'Antoni he never worked on improving on the low block and the Knicks have been paying for it, along with his injury history.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Royce hasn't even dressed yet, he's having a rough time in practice apparently.
What do you mean? Just getting his ass kicked or is he not handling it mentally?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
His legs are more dead from chasing around athletic SF. Melo will not get slaughtered in the post. I think you're absolutely dead wrong.
I'm on the fence about Melo at the 4. True, he really has problems defensively on the wing but he won't be facing Battier, Thaddeus Young, and a aging Elton Brand every night. I need a bigger sample size before I form my conclusion.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Baby has a bigger gap between what he perceives as his talent level and his actual talent level than anyone in the league.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay nets!

#Magicareawful2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#netsin2014

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Big Baby has a bigger gap between what he perceives as his talent level and his actual talent level than anyone in the league.
And it's a shame too because he could be a really useful player.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yay nets!

#Magicareawful2013
Thank you for limiting that to 2013! :D

At least we showed improvement from earlier this week. Our interior defense is gonna be problematic all year long.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And it's a shame too because he could be a really useful player.
...I guess this is the point of overreaction. LOL.

He is a useful player.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
...I guess this is the point of overreaction. LOL.

He is a useful player.
Well, yeah, but he hurts the team a lot by shooting as much as he does. If he was on any other team shooting that much, he would not be useful. Fortunately for him, the Magic are terrible.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron can jump pretty high.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well, yeah, but he hurts the team a lot by shooting as much as he does. If he was on any other team shooting that much, he would not be useful. Fortunately for him, the Magic are terrible.
I do feel like that at times. But I don't mind interior players taking close shots.

A whole bunch of players came up shooting blanks today.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I do feel like that at times. But I don't mind interior players taking close shots.
I would mind in his case. He gets his shot blocked more than any player I've ever seen.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Not to mention he loves shooting jumpers that he can't hit consistently enough.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Amare did start that first year off dominantly, he looked like the Amare of old (then again he and Felton were the only 2 on the team that had a pulse). It was when Melo came that he started looking very ordinary, though.
This is crazy talk. Amar'e sucks, has always sucked n will always suck, or is this your first time in this thread.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
This is crazy talk. Amar'e sucks, has always sucked n will always suck, or is this your first time in this thread.
Quote:
Before Carmelo arrived Amare was the centerpiece of one of the league’s glamour franchise in the media capital of the world. He was literally bringing New York basketball back from a decrepit decade, averaging 26.1 points and 8.6 rebounds along the way during his marvelous 2010-11 first half.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/05/0...010-hindsight/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys, go vote in this thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54474

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was being facetious. Stat was playing amazing before the melo trade. That's why I want him back so that Felton and him can score all of the points when Melo rests.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I was being facetious. Stat was playing amazing before the melo trade. That's why I want him back so that Felton and him can score all of the points when Melo rests.
I figured you were, but it was worth posting for everyone else.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They really should have amnestied him

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
They really should have amnestied him
Yeah, they really should have. Billups only had a year left. I get trying to assemble a beastly front court of Melo-Amar'e-Tyson, but they just had to cut their loses and get rid of that contract.

In totally unrelated news, imagine how much money Stat would be making right now if they had amnestied him? It would be ridiculous.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

So I've never truly understood the amnesity. If they were to use it on STAT they would have that 50 million plus dollars they owe him to go after someone else? But they still owe him all the money for the rest of the contract?

Quote:
Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They still have to pay him the money but it wouldn't count against the cap

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck with your free win tonight Lakers. With Thomas Robinson and Demarcus Cousins both suspended, the "Mike Brown sucks" wagon will continue to roll with another post-firing win.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Good luck with your free win tonight Lakers. With Thomas Robinson and Demarcus Cousins both suspended, the "Mike Brown sucks" wagon will continue to roll with another post-firing win.
Mike Brown does suck, though.

Quote: