Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

D'Antoni over the zenmaster? Lakers are f****d. They were better off with Brown...smh

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Rubio is a good defender and he didn't get by on being athletic in the first place, he'll be fine there.

Kirilenko is a great player, he never said top 20...

A lack of shooting is what's going to hold us back, especially with Budinger out now.
No whats holding yall back is you have an all white team.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wanted significant allowances on travel, coaching duties and an ability to veto player personnel moves that didn't fit his vision.
Lots of NFL coaches get that, but the best NBA coach doesn't? lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. This isn't the NFL
2. He wanted to take power away from the guy that just got them D12 and Nash
3. He wasn't gonna be around for more than two years
4. He basically wanted a Roger Clemens deal where he wouldn't coach all the away games.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

But D'Antoni? Worst fit possible. And those requests were rumors

Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Lots of NFL coaches get that, but the best NBA coach doesn't? lol.
It'd be like your coach not showing up to away games. No way this flies in almost any sport. To me if you're the coach, show up for the games and coach the team.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've been leaked by sources close to the situation, and it really isn't anything that i'd consider out of the ordinary from Phil Jackson. Of course he'd want to decide who plays for him, at least the same salary he last made and his health would lead me to believe he'd ask for days off on road games.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil wanted to be a part time coach, that **** aint going to fly. Along with having increased say in personnel decisions when we have the best GM in basketball. Idk, I dont necessarily like Pringles but Phil was just trying to punk the lakers IMO. Obviously he was my choice, but it sounds like he was being quite unrealistic. There is talk that McMillan will be brought on as an assistant, and I would have been fine with him as the head guy so I like the idea.

I really wouldnt be surprised if Pau is finally shipped out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
If this is true, doesn't Phil still have the last laugh when D'Antoni falls flat on his face and the team continues to spiral downward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They've been leaked by sources close to the situation, and it really isn't anything that i'd consider out of the ordinary from Phil Jackson. Of course he'd want to decide who plays for him, at least the same salary he last made and his health would lead me to believe he'd ask for days off on road games.
11 Time Champion! I dont care if he wanted Dr. Buss' wife to perform felatio at halftime every game. Make it happen!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If this is true, doesn't Phil still have the last laugh when D'Antoni falls flat on his face and the team continues to spiral downward?
Not really. Phil wanted to come back, he just wanted to take the Lakers for all he could in the process. At the end of the day, Lakers move on and Phil is left with his dick in his hand.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Bynum out at least another five weeks. Most likely more.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...ks-knee-injury
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not really. Phil wanted to come back, he just wanted to take the Lakers for all he could in the process. At the end of the day, Lakers move on and Phil is left with his dick in his hand.
Lakers need Phil more than Phil needs Lakers.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It'd be like your coach not showing up to away games. No way this flies in almost any sport. To me if you're the coach, show up for the games and coach the team.
Yeah, that part seems a bit extreme, but it seems the sticking point is the GM power...
Old 11-12-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Point blank, Phil hates Jim Buss as much as I do and didn't want to answer to him. He loves Mitch. He's gone out of his way to say nothing but great things about him and he respects the hell out of Kupchak as a GM. The personnel stuff was a dig at Buss...he didn't want Buss having the last word, it had nothing to do with Mitch. And honestly, Phil has earned the right to control his own ******* roster.

It came down to Phil not be around more than 2 years and wanting to move away from The Triangle....they won't say it because fans will go berserk and said that offense won 11 titles but it just makes too much sense.

The stuff about coaching road games and stuff was already being ironed out, as Phil had talked about mentoring a coach for when he stepped away for good that would transition seamlessly into the spot he vacated. Don't know who it is but he has talked about it in previous interviews since he retired thst if he came back, that is one of the things he wanted to do.

Phil never respected Buss. He looked at him as Dr. Buss's son, not some real executive and resented him telling him what he should do and who he should coach. And honestly, I agree because I never liked Buss. In my opinion, his sister should be running the team(Phil's girl), not him. He just wanted final say over the **** that Buss controlled.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-12-2012 at 07:46 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Phil just as much as you, but to me it sounded as though he was just looking for a part-time job. That **** is not going to fly in the NBA or in the world of professional sports. Phil was going to be making around 10 million dollars + ownership + Personnel decisions and he was going to take games off? Either you are all in or you aren't. Not happy with the hire, but not surprised that they went a different direction either.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ilyasova get it going!

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I wanted Phil just as much as you, but to me it sounded as though he was just looking for a part-time job. That **** is not going to fly in the NBA or in the world of professional sports. Phil was going to be making around 10 million dollars + ownership + Personnel decisions and he was going to take games off? Either you are all in or you aren't. Not happy with the hire, but not surprised that they went a different direction either.
I didn't really want Phil as much as I thought The Triangle could get the most out of the roster. The other stuff like I said, could have been worked out. I don't think Phil honestly thought he we be allowed to not coach road games. But it couldn't hurt to ask right? You always ask for the moon even though you don't expect it. That's negotiations.

I thought Sloan was the best fit. Maybe not the most popular and maybe a little too demanding for a superstar roster. But he would make these guys play defense or sit next to him and he knows how to get more out of less. And I thought Nash would thrive in his scheme, more so than The Triangle.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-12-2012 at 08:26 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Phil ever actually demand games off on the road or was this just assumed? The most I officially heard (that wasn't heresay) was for his assistants to handle shootarounds and road practices with him showing up late to just coach the games.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Did Phil ever actually demand games off on the road or was this just assumed? The most I officially heard (that wasn't heresay) was for his assistants to handle shootarounds and road practices with him showing up late to just coach the games.
Broussard touched on it saying that Phil himself never actually discussed those demands specifically, it was just assumed for some reason.

Something about how the Lakers really wanted D'Antoni and used those demands as an excuse. Then he kinda backtracked. It was weird.

But there's definitely way more to the story than PHIL WANTED TOO MUCH SO WE SAID NO. In fact, someone told Mike F. that D'Antoni's people leaked the story SO QUICKLY so that the Lakers didn't have any opportunity to re-consider.

The whole thing REEKS...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of people are overreacting. D'Antoni isn't a good defensive coach but a lot of those PPG numbers from his earlier teams are inflated because of the pace his teams played at. I don't want to look it up, but I think a lot of those Suns teams were around middle of the pack in points per possession.

At least you didn't get to the point of interviewing Dunleavy, as was rumored.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Garnett misses the basket by 2 feet and turns immediately to complain he was fouled when no defender came close.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

We actually did interview Bumleavy, why we would do that is beyond me. I'm curious as to what type of moves happen with this team.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay 3rd OT for the Raps/Jazz

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pek is hurt now. I don't believe in luck, but damn Minni.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote