Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
In case you ever have another backetball-though just remember, **** you. **** everything you have to say about basketball.
Stop hugging the nuts of any foreign basketball player.

Islu though.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys serious? Varejo? And you guys give me ****?

Varejo? ******* Varejo?

Give me a ******* break. This is why I mock all of you.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
You would take Varejao but not Josh Smith? The ****?
Who said that? I recall saying Pau was a better fit with Dwight than Smith. I would trade Smith for Pau now that Pringles is here. Someone just mention Varejo and I said I'd take him. But I will say VJ is probably more valuable as a Laker than Smith. Smith cant play the 5 but VJ can and if you move Pau, who's gonna man the middle when Dwight gets in foul trouble(which WILL happen more than ppl think)?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 and 5 are our strongest position. Hill can play both, makes Jamison a primary 4 which he is, if they keep playing him at the 3 I will go ******* nuts. Smith is a 4 and a 3 (which is our worst position) its a better fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Are you guys serious? Varejo? And you guys give me ****?

Varejo? ******* Varejo?

Give me a ******* break. This is why I mock all of you.
He can play the 4 or 5, defend, and rebound. And he actually plays like he gives a **** EVERY possession, unlike Pau....what's not to like?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Young is just awful.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
4 and 5 are our strongest position. Hill can play both, makes Jamison a primary 4 which he is, if they keep playing him at the 3 I will go ******* nuts. Smith is a 4 and a 3 (which is our worst position) its a better fit.
Hill can play 5, not well though....that's that Mike Brown line of thinking. He's not a 5 in anyway...he's a active 4 who can rebound, that's it. And Jamison can't post defend to save his life. Who's he going guard at the 4? You get VJ and Hill, you cant play Jamison some at the 3 because both Hill and VJ are great help defenders and still be ok. Josh can play 3 but he can't shoot, which really does nothing to help us. The only thing him playing the 3 provides is defense. And they'll be some cheaper alternatives for defensive wing depth later in the season.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Hill can play 5, not well though....that's that Mike Brown line of thinking. And Jamison can't post defend to save his life. Who's he going guard at the 4? You get VJ and Hill, you cant play Jamison some at the 3 because both Hill and VJ are great help defenders and still be ok. Josh can play 3 but he can't shoot, which really does nothing to help us. The only thing him playing the 3 provides is defense. And they'll be some cheaper alternatives for defensive wing depth later in the season.
Jamison can't defend either position but playing him at the 3 makes him a very, very mediocre offensive player. Way too slow to guard 3's. Smith and Howard would be most athletic/best defensive front court in the league and gives us youth. VJ is 30.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jamison can't defend either position but playing him at the 3 makes him a very, very mediocre offensive player. Way too slow to guard 3's. Smith and Howard would be most athletic/best defensive front court in the league and gives us youth. VJ is 30.
He can take opposing 3's to the block, where he can still draw fouls and make the defense collapse. He brings more to table at the 3 than Smith, who can just finish, run, and defend. Jamison can still get out and run but most importantly, he's a much more skilled scorer in the half-court than Smith. And Smith cant stretch the court with his 3pt range like Jamison. And since when is 30 old? I just need VJ for this year anyway...

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-14-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
He can take opposing 3's to the block, where he can still draw fouls and make the defense collapse. He brings more to table at the 3 than Smith, who can just finish, run, and defend. Jamison can still get out and run but most importantly, he a much more skilled scorer in the half-court than Smith. And Smith cant stretch the court with his 3pt range like Jamison. And since when is 30 old? I just need VJ for this year anyway...
Well he hasnt been doing any of that so we might as well play him at the 4.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well he hasnt been doing any of that so we might as well play him at the 4.
His stroke will come around. And part of Brown's mis-use of the bench was not incorporating some looks for Jamison in the high post, where he should be if your playing him at the 3 because he damn sure aint taking nobody off the dribble. Just another example of why Brownie sucked.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He can take opposing 3's to the block, where he can still draw fouls and make the defense collapse. He brings more to table at the 3 than Smith, who can just finish, run, and defend. Jamison can still get out and run but most importantly, he's a much more skilled scorer in the half-court than Smith. And Smith cant stretch the court with his 3pt range like Jamison. And since when is 30 old? I just need VJ for this year anyway...
What would your offer be? I think he has a couple years left in him.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
What would your offer be? I think he has a couple years left in him.
For VJ? Pau straight up...
Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyrie might get a few more useful years out of Pau.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kyrie might get a few more useful years out of Pau.
That's exactly my point. And without another big to share the paint with, maybe he can actually park his ass in the post and stay there.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd be okay, then Zeller could move to the 4 and we could bring Thompson off the bench where he belongs.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

You give me VJ. Then go out and sign a athletic wing who can defend and hit open shots like Pietrus. Then get rid of Blake and Duhon(how, I don't know) and go out and get a back-up PG in that same mold(Delonte West?) and I like our chances alot. We don't have any guys coming off the bench who have pulse defensively....maybe Hill on a good night. That is my main problem. You give me those three guys....or guys similar....and Im talking alot of ****, BBD style.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rockets scored 39 points in a quarter?

WTF is this ****?

Who the hell kidnapped the real Rockets?...And please do it more often.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see the Hawks or the Cavs making a move for Pau. Getting Pau is a win now move due to his age and contract. I don't see the Hawks as a contender with Pau (and minus Smith) and I don't need to say anything about the Cavs.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He can play the 4 or 5, defend, and rebound. And he actually plays like he gives a **** EVERY possession, unlike Pau....what's not to like?
I like him as a rotation guy. Good bench guy. But I don want him in the starting lineup.

He gets hyped up way too much on here. He's a nice try hard effort player. Great for the bench. But that's all he is.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I always bring up the Hawks because they offered the deal back in the summer. I dont see the Cavs Varajeo was just a name that came up.

Chicago, Boston, New York, are the teams I could see doing the deal the most.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like him as a rotation guy. Good bench guy. But I don want him in the starting lineup.

He gets hyped up way too much on here. He's a nice try hard effort player. Great for the bench. But that's all he is.
You're an idiot. And AK-47 for MVP.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 11-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're an idiot.
You're an idiot if you think anything more of that scrub. Let me guess, he's this year's Gortat?

You guys are something else.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Scrub? Seriously? He's a hell of a lot better than Amar'e.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always bring up the Hawks because they offered the deal back in the summer. I dont see the Cavs Varajeo was just a name that came up.

Chicago, Boston, New York, are the teams I could see doing the deal the most.
I could definitely see the Hawks dealing Smith with his contract ending after this year, but I personally don't really see the Lakers as a match at this point. Maybe that's just me, but you definitely aren't the first to bring up the Pau/Smith swap. I see teams like you named as matches, but I don't really see the value the Lakers could get back as they are obviously in win now mode.