Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Hakeem, Drexler, Shaq, Penny, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Robinson, Barkley, Mutombo, Ewing, Payton, etc. All the usual ones. Should also mention Mitch Richmond and Shawn ******* Kemp though, they were two of my favorites.

I disliked Stockton, Malone, and Reggie Miller for whatever reason. Didn't care for the Jazz at all.
I hated Pippen. That stupid dopey looking ************. **** Pippen.

I hated Will Purdue too. The only basketball player I ever saw that would hurt his hand every time he dunked the ball.

While we're on the topic, Michael Jordan should get to keep Bill Wennington's rings.

Like seriously, Jordan was so good he won championships with Will Purdue and Bill ******* Wennington as his centers. In an era where the Center dominated the decade.

That's just not right.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mother ******* Zo.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Mother ******* Zo.
Yeah. I loved Zo. I loved beating him in the playoffs every season.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it sad that I know more about what you guys are talking about now that you are talking about people that retired 10+ years ago or than when people talk about players playing today?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Is it sad that I know more about what you guys are talking about now that you are talking about people that retired 10+ years ago or than when people talk about players playing today?
Not really. 90s basketball had a much bigger fanbase (in the states) because the brand of ball was much better.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
While we're on the topic, Michael Jordan should get to keep Bill Wennington's rings.

Like seriously, Jordan was so good he won championships with Will Purdue and Bill ******* Wennington as his centers. In an era where the Center dominated the decade.

That's just not right.
Um, excuse me. You do not take away the rings of the man that gave the world the Beef Wennington:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_McDonald's_products
Quote:
Beef Wennington – A burger solely offered in the Chicago area in 1998–1999, named after former Chicago Bulls player Bill Wennington. It featured a single patty topped with cheese, onions, barbecue sauce and a slice of Canadian bacon.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Um, excuse me. You do not take away the rings of the man that gave the world the Beef Wennington:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_McDonald's_products
I could have swore we had the beef wennington here too.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we almost lost against the bobcats who are on an 11 game losing streak. We were down 18 at one point. Dwight saved the day on a block when kemba blew past Kobe. He just doesn't have the legs to keep up with these young guys. Hes 15 years older than Michael Kidd Gilchrist. To put that in perspective. MKG was TWO years old when Kobe was a rookie.

I think this is the Thunder's championship to lose.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Not really. 90s basketball had a much bigger fanbase (in the states) because the brand of ball was much better.
We also had trading cards and gave more of a crap back then. The internet generation has ruined things. Back then the only thing to do every night was to sit down at watch basketball. Everything is too on demand now.

My All-90s team
Admiral or The Dream.
Rodman
Reggie-I'm cheating, he's a SG but he spreads the floor better here
Jordan
Mark Jackson

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
We also had trading cards and gave more of a crap back then. The internet generation has ruined things. Back then the only thing to do every night was to sit down at watch basketball. Everything is too on demand now.

My All-90s team
Admiral or The Dream.
Rodman
Reggie-I'm cheating, he's a SG but he spreads the floor better here
Jordan
Mark Jackson
I loved basketball cards! I remember saving lunch money so I could buy a pack of cards after school, and I'd get so happy when I got a good card. I had like 5 Shaq rookie cards.

I remember the old myth that you should take the pack on the upper left hand side, 3rd from the bottom bc that's where the best cards were. Good times <3

PG: Payton
SG: Jordan
SF: Pippen
PF: Dennis Rodman
C: Ewing (homer pick over Olajuwon)

No one would ever score against that team. That's all world defense.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Reggie. I hate having to see his stupid face. I've never hated an athlete as much as I still hate that arrogant little ****.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
**** Reggie. I hate having to see his stupid face.
Agreed. Reggie is like the Joe Morgan of basketball, he's a douche and we have to continually listen to how much better he was than everyone today.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

You don't see rivalries in basketball anymore. That's the worst part of the game today. Back in the 90s you had Bulls/Knicks, Knicks/Pacers, Knicks/Heat, Bulls/Pacers, Pistons/Bulls.

Nowadays you have all these guys going clubbing after the game together. It's just not the same.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. As a person who spent 1987-2004 growing up in Indiana...Reggie Miller was king. He was the reason to watch basketball. He performed. Every second was cold-hearted execution. I learned every single dirty trick in the book from him. Moving screens, shoving guys into screens, kicking my legs out during a 3 to get a foul call, and being a complete dick to the opposing team. He was awesome and add in his taunting, flair for dramatic last shots, and his will to do everything possible to win. He actually cared about regular season games.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-19-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Minnesota fans because Love tells the truth about their front office and organization.
They only signed AK-47 to a steal of a deal, got Rubio to come over, got Budinger for cheap, and wisely drafted Pekovic. SUCH A TERRIBLE ORGANIZATION.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They only signed AK-47 to a steal of a deal, got Rubio to come over, got Budinger for cheap, and wisely drafted Pekovic. SUCH A TERRIBLE ORGANIZATION.
But they broke up Marbury and KG! They and Wally were destined for championships!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mitch Richmond and Glen Rice were up there on my favorites and The Reign Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 12-19-2012 at 06:46 PM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They also drafted Jonny Flynn, traded away Ty Lawson, gave JJ Barea 20 million and signed Darko for another 20 million, their #2 overall draft pick is stuck on the bench and they failed to give their best player a max-max extension, pissing him off to the point that he's already considering leaving the team after his contract is up. Oh, and they probably won't have enough money to re-sign Pekovic after this year.

So yeah. I hope Rubio becomes a Top-5 NBA player.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point is that he's improving, although he definitely should have traded number 2 last year. Not like they're the Kings.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone remember what the Suns were offering for #2?

Gortat & 13 maybe

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Calderon has 9 assists at the end of the first..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. Reggie is like the Joe Morgan of basketball, he's a douche and we have to continually listen to how much better he was than everyone today.
And it sucks so much. Everytime I see his face or hear his voice I want to switch channels. Why can't they give C-Web all of Reggie's airtime? That ************ has my favorite all time use of the word "Boogaboo", when last year he was explaining how hard it can be on some rookie guards when they blow past their man n find a big scary boogaboo waiting for them in the paint.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
lol. As a person who spent 1987-2004 growing up in Indiana...Reggie Miller was king. He was the reason to watch basketball. He performed. Every second was cold-hearted execution. I learned every single dirty trick in the book from him. Moving screens, shoving guys into screens, kicking my legs out during a 3 to get a foul call, and being a complete dick to the opposing team. He was awesome and add in his taunting, flair for dramatic last shots, and his will to do everything possible to win. He actually cared about regular season games.
People like Reggie are the reason Germans had to invent a word for people who's faces just need to be punched.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller is a terrible announcer, but it's funny that he still draws such a negative reaction as a player. I can only imagine how much the people who actually played him hated him. That's what he wanted though.

I loved watching him personally, granted if the my team was rivals with Indiana I would probably hate him too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did JVG just say "make erections" on air or did I mishear?