Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Carmelo is damn good. He's the most offensively skilled player in the league imo. Durant is close but I think Carmelo is the better finisher.
I think Kobe is probably the most skilled. But these other guys have better athletic ability at this point in their careers. Kobe's putting on a clinic right now.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers win on Christmas...been a second since that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really don't like felton. and my feelings are exacerbated because he's on my fantasy team. how is he so terrible inside the paint.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think Kobe is probably the most skilled. But these other guys have better athletic ability at this point in their careers. Kobe's putting on a clinic right now.
I think the difference is just Kobe makes every shot look difficult. I can hardly remember a time he took an uncontested jumper. In contrast Melo and Durant make every shot look natural.

Also,

Lebron is saying don't ever say Kevin Durant is the best player in the league ever again.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team is so much better with Nash on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHA! Im loving this young, up tempo Rockets team. Take notice of them people! Been killing teams like New York, Memphis, Chicago and Philly here lately.

And FYI...James Harden numbers for the past 5 games-

29.2 PPG
52.7 FG
89.6 FT
4.6 REB
5.6 Ast
1.8 TO

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers gave the forum a Christmas present. They beat the Knicks while ME-lo played well.

#KnicksWillNotMakeTheFinalsIn2013
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
The Lakers gave the forum a Christmas present. They beat the Knicks while ME-lo played well.

#KnicksWillNotMakeTheFinalsIn2013
yet another on the hater bandwagon?

jr smith is much more of a selfish player and felton is getting back to his godawful self. melo has not been the me-first player that his reputation suggests. give credit where it's due sucka.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
yet another on the hater bandwagon?

jr smith is much more of a selfish player and felton is getting back to his godawful self. melo has not been the me-first player that his reputation suggests. give credit where it's due sucka.
More of a poke at BBD :) Melo has definitely played well this year. Having Steve Nash coming off a broken leg running through your defense made me cringe and I'm used to watching this year's Lakers play "defense".

JR Smith will always make a ton of threes but asking him to do more than occasionally nail them from downtown is a recipe for disaster.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
More of a poke at BBD :) Melo has definitely played well this year. Having Steve Nash coming off a broken leg running through your defense made me cringe and I'm used to watching this year's Lakers play "defense".

JR Smith will always make a ton of threes but asking him to do more than occasionally nail them from downtown is a recipe for disaster.
a poke at bbd is a poke at knicks nation

sigh. i agree with your points. JR will make buckets but he doesn't know when to pass up a shot when he's off. he does make some low-percentage jumpers outta nowhere though. from his interviews, he always says his teammates are always telling him to shoot the ball which is usually good advice, but i'm not too sure if it'll be beneficial for the knicks offense if he gets too accustomed with that attitude. the lakers played much better defense today much to my chagrin.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet you guys wish you kept Lin now with the way he's playing.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I bet you guys wish you kept Lin now with the way he's playing.
schematically, felton's a better fit at PG for melo who this team is obviously built around. yeah, i would've liked to have kept lin but only because i like him as a player more than felton. no one can definitively state the knicks would be better with lin. i'm happy for lin's success with houston and that's that.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
ATL pls go
Pls. 4ever.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I think the difference is just Kobe makes every shot look difficult. I can hardly remember a time he took an uncontested jumper. In contrast Melo and Durant make every shot look natural.

Also,

Lebron is saying don't ever say Kevin Durant is the best player in the league ever again.
Not really. He has the ability to make shots from weird angles, but that's not what i'm referring to. He has some of the best footwork the league has seen since Jordan. Watch him work in the post against smallish defenders. His pivots, spins, ability to switch his shot from one hand to the other, his passing ability and vision, his jumpshot is silky smooth and he has the range from deep as well. I really think he has the most skill offensively in the NBA at this point, but he is now lacking in the athletic ability department. Guys like Lebron, Melo and Durant are still in their prime athletically, which is why it looks like they're doing it easier.

He's just a ridiculously polished scorer. I have no problem saying he's the most skilled in the NBA.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
HAHA! Im loving this young, up tempo Rockets team. Take notice of them people! Been killing teams like New York, Memphis, Chicago and Philly here lately.

And FYI...James Harden numbers for the past 5 games-

29.2 PPG
52.7 FG
89.6 FT
4.6 REB
5.6 Ast
1.8 TO
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when the Bobcats were improved? Good times.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byron Mullens >>> whatever forward they are playing in his place.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hakim Warrick it is. meh.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
Byron Mullens >>> whatever forward they are playing in his place.
Byron Mullens isn't better than a single player.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Byron Mullens make this team better than they are right now.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-26-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the sense that a mentally challenged player with both arms is better than one with one arm, yes.

He's still horrible.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

He's still better than whatever option they got to replace him now.

I'd say he's Kosta Koufos material.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

That is offensive to Koufos, he is WAYYYYYY better than Mullens. And Hakim Warrick is worse than both probably, but he's also the worst defensive player of all time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Kosta Koufos material I said.

#MoncriefArmy