Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rockets just got a brand spankin' new, lottery 12/10 guy for absolutely nothing.

First we gave them Kevin Martin for Donte Greene, now this. I'm convinced Petrie takes it up the ass from Morey.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccB View Post
well it's not like Thomas Robinson is all that great...you guys underrate Pattrick Patterson
He's a rebounding machine with great athletic ability. We gave him 15mpg for half a season and they traded him for Patrick ******* Patterson.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Rockets just got a brand spankin' new, lottery 12/10 guy for absolutely nothing.

First we gave them Kevin Martin for Donte Greene, now this. I'm convinced Petrie takes it up the ass from Morey.
a lot of projection there on your part...Robinson isn't a sure thing to even turn into Patterson.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well it's not like Thomas Robinson is all that great...you guys underrate Pattrick Patterson
Meh....Patterson is a nice player, but he is a huge liability on the glass and is never going to be better than average at anything else other than mid range shooting. T-Rob could still be a very nice piece.....no rookie would look good playing for that mess of an organization in Sacramento.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys think toney will start over IT2? obviously IT2 is better but the coach is kevin smart..
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Commie, there is no reason for you to be upset here. Maybe the Morris deal, but still.....the T-Rob deal is a massive win.
Maybe in a few years, but right now Patrick Patterson is a lot better than Thomas Robinson, and is an absolute perfect fit for Harden and the style Houston plays. The dude seriously never missed jumpers, and he got like 5 wide open jumpers every game off of Harden and Lin penetration. I also hate Kansas, so Thomas Robinson isnt exactly my favorite player. Plus, now I have to watch Patterson rot in Sacramento, which sucks because I really like him.

At least I can understand that deal. Robinson was a top prospect, and regardless of him playing like **** so far, he has potential. I dont understand the Morris trade at all. He has been one of our most important bench pieces this year, has improved a ton, and we give him away for a second round pick?

We're in playoff contention? Excellent! Lets trade two nice contributors for more potential!

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 02-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
a lot of projection there on your part...Robinson isn't a sure thing to even turn into Patterson.
Robinson has outrebounded Patterson on 15mpg this season. Watching him play a substantial amount of time, i'm positive he can score more than ten points a night given starting minutes. He plus ultra high energy ball on defense and in transition. All you have to do is tell the guy to do nothing but eat glass and he will run into ten points just on that. He was projected and proved to be a very good rebounder when he got decent minutes. Patterson is already topped out.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
you guys think toney will start over IT2? obviously IT2 is better but the coach is kevin smart..
I actually see this happening. Smart is a defensive guy and Douglas is still perceived as a good player on that end.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a rebounding machine with great athletic ability. We gave him 15mpg for half a season and they traded him for Patrick ******* Patterson.
Rebounding is probably the only thing he does well at this point. Patterson will probably be better for the foreseeable future...especially in the offensive department. Robinson is a gamble, and has been disappointing as a rookie, sure he's got potential...most top 5 picks do...but lets not forget Robinson wouldn't be a top 5 pick in most other drafts. I think its a pretty fair deal...Patterson has the higher floor...Robinson has the higher ceiling...but you'd be lying if you didn't think this season has dropped his stock a bit to make that ceiling.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Smart is a ******* clown shoe, that's what he is.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Maybe in a few years, but right now Patrick Patterson is a lot better than Thomas Robinson, and is an absolute perfect fit for Harden and the style Houston plays. The dude seriously never missed jumpers, and he got like 5 wide open jumpers every game off of Harden and Lin penetration. I also hate Kansas, so Thomas Robinson isnt exactly my favorite player. Plus, now I have to watch Patterson rot in Sacramento, which sucks because I really like him.

At least I can understand that deal. Robinson was a top prospect, and regardless of him playing like **** so far, he has potential. I dont understand the Morris trade at all though. He has been one of our most important bench pieces this year, has improved a ton, and we give him away for a second round pick?

We're in playoff contention? Excellent! Lets trade two nice contributors for more potential!
Yeah, that's what you should do if you look to be stuck in 8 seed purgatory. It's not like you jeopardize your chances at the 8 much with this deal. Granted, I don't get the Morris deal, but still....the T-Rob deal was a no brainer. You have to make that deal regardless of how perfect a fit PP was for the system.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Rebounding is probably the only thing he does well at this point. Patterson will probably be better for the foreseeable future...especially in the offensive department. Robinson is a gamble, and has been disappointing as a rookie, sure he's got potential...most top 5 picks do...but lets not forget Robinson wouldn't be a top 5 pick in most other drafts. I think its a pretty fair deal...Patterson has the higher floor...Robinson has the higher ceiling...but you'd be lying if you didn't think this season has dropped his stock a bit to make that ceiling.
Right, but the thing he does well, he does it at an incredibly efficient rate. I don't think anything about Robinson's play has surprised me this year. We knew he would struggle offensively against bigger competition so he isn't that polished on that side of the floor yet, but he provides excellent rebounding and weakside help defense, plus good transition play on both sides of the ball. I just don't see the purpose in giving up on a guy you just drafted eight months ago, for a guy who has basically shown what he will be in the NBA. I don't get it. It completely defeats the purpose of team building when you lack talent on the roster as it is, and you trade one of the few good character guys with good potential on the team for a guy that will not improve you in any way whatsoever.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

The players are comparable...I don't look at it as a one sided deal at all. The only thing that makes it seem that way is not Robinson's play on the court but where he was drafted at. Classic higher ceiling for Higher floor trade.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what you should do if you look to be stuck in 8 seed purgatory. It's not like you jeopardize your chances at the 8 much with this deal. Granted, I don't get the Morris deal, but still....the T-Rob deal was a no brainer. You have to make that deal regardless of how perfect a fit PP was for the system.
When the average age of your team is 23 and theyre all still improving, ill take the 8 seed every time. Especially for a franchise thats been sandwiched between the playoffs and a top 10 pick for what seems like forever now.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
When the average age of your team is 23 and theyre all still improving, ill take the 8 seed every time. Especially for a franchise thats been sandwiched between the playoffs and a top 10 pick for what seems like forever now.
That's what Knicks fans said when we got Marbury too....look, I just think you didn't hurt your chances this year and have added a much more valuable asset to dangle for another star or to develop on your own.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The players are comparable...I don't look at it as a one sided deal at all. The only thing that makes it seem that way is not Robinson's play on the court but where he was drafted at. Classic higher ceiling for Higher floor trade.
You don't swap high ceiling for high floor guys when you've been in the cellar of the NBA for the past 8 years. How exactly does Patterson improve the roster? He won't even start and he'll probably get the same usage TRob had.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cannot stop Alan Anderson, you can only hope to contain him.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's what Knicks fans said when we got Marbury too....look, I just think you didn't hurt your chances this year and have added a much more valuable asset to dangle for another star or to develop on your own.
He's only much more valuable if goes on a tear the rest of this season. Otherwise his value can only decrease, that's the gamble and what makes it not such a one sided trade. Look at someone like Jan Vesely (not comparing them as players but where they were picked)...picked 6th overall...and his value only goes down as he continues to not perform... I would of been pissed had we done a trade like this Jan's rookie year...one year later and Veselys value is 100% lower than it was when he was drafted. Robinson's value could very well never be higher than it is right now...which is why I think this trade is being misconstrued as an uneven trade.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way the Gortat/Dudley for Smith deal is worth it is if he can convince Howard to sign here next year

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson sucks and I don't see him getting all that much better. He was a pretty big reach at #5 in the first place.

Charm is right. If the Wolves would have traded Derrick Williams before everyone knew he sucked we would have gotten an actual asset for him, not the crap that is being rumored nowadays.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He's only much more valuable if goes on a tear the rest of this season. Otherwise his value can only decrease, that's the gamble and what makes it not such a one sided trade. Look at someone like Jan Vesely (not comparing them as players but where they were picked)...picked 6th overall...and his value only goes down as he continues to not perform... I would of been pissed had we done a trade like this Jan's rookie year...one year later and Veselys value is 100% lower than it was when he was drafted. Robinson's value could very well never be higher than it is right now...which is why I think this trade is being misconstrued as an uneven trade.
He's shown enough to me to see that he's worth more than what his value was at now, and that with more extended playing time it will improve. Your assertion is that you think he will continue depreciating, while i do not. I think he's been misused and heavily underutilized by a coach that has no idea what the hell he's doing, and has no clue how to run a player rotation in the NBA.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You don't swap high ceiling for high floor guys when you've been in the cellar of the NBA for the past 8 years. How exactly does Patterson improve the roster? He won't even start and he'll probably get the same usage TRob had.
It's possible the Kings organization doesn't view Robinson the same way you the fan does. They could of sold Houston on his potential but after working with him maybe they don't feel like he'll ever reach said potential. So they moved him off for someone like Patterson who is not flashy...but has carved his niche in the league, and maybe they feel like he's a better pairing with Boogie.

I'm not arguing the Kings won the trade, or that the Rockets lost the trade, or that Robinson is going to be a bust, I just think that it's a pretty fair deal, and that where Robinson was drafted inflates his value more than his actual play on the court at this point, and said value is only gonna decrease more and more each year...they sold high, now let's see if they were dumb for doing it.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Im just not at all optimistic that Robinson will be anything other than a good rebounder. Patterson has a really solid, refined offensive game, and is a smart defender.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacers aren't messing around tonight. PGeorge has been no joke this year.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Pacers aren't messing around tonight. PGeorge has been no joke this year.
I think they have a legit chance to knock off the Heat this year.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote