Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I guess. It's like a 15-20 minute subway ride right from Penn to Barclays. Knicks ticket prices piss me off so much. I refuse to go unless I get tix for free or it's a huge game that is is actually worth some bigtime dough. I just can't justify paying over $100 to see Knicks-Wolves. Hell, even games versus the Bucks/Bobcats are $75. Out of control.
Yeah man I hear ya. I dropped 400 bucks on 2 tickets for the Knicks/Lakers game man. And I was in new section 200 which is up near the top. I try to go to at least 2 Knicks games a year but I can usually just do 1. Last year was Knicks/Celtics. The year before that Knicks/Bulls and Knicks/Heat.

I didn't know Barclays was that close from Penn. I might do that then. That's what I miss about having the Nets in Jersey. But I do want to check out Barclays. I already reached my basketball budget for the season though I'm not spending any more this year on basketball tickets.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thibs is such a ******* idiot when it comes to managing minutes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah man I hear ya. I dropped 400 bucks on 2 tickets for the Knicks/Lakers game man. And I was in new section 200 which is up near the top. I try to go to at least 2 Knicks games a year but I can usually just do 1. Last year was Knicks/Celtics. The year before that Knicks/Bulls and Knicks/Heat.

I didn't know Barclays was that close from Penn. I might do that then. That's what I miss about having the Nets in Jersey. But I do want to check out Barclays. I already reached my basketball budget for the season though I'm not spending any more this year on basketball tickets.
Barclays is pretty cool and I like it because I can get there in less than 10 minutes on the subway. I can also walk home (and across the BK Bridge) if I'm going for a romantic night with a ladyfriend.

But yeah, you just take the 2 or 3 right from Penn. It'll take 1/2 hour at most.

Last edited by Rob S : 02-28-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barclays is pretty cool and I like it because I can get there in less than 10 minutes on the subway. I can also walk home (and across the BL Bridge) if I'm going for a romantic night with a ladyfriend.

But yeah, you just take the 2 or 3 right from Penn. It'll take 1/2 hour at most.
What's the avg ticket price with the Nets? I'd go to Brooklyn with friends. Definitely going to a Knicks/Nets game next year.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Sixers were good, I'd be at more than 2 games a year. When OKC/LAC come to town are the only reasons to drop the coin and take time off from work.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ******* surprise, Pekovic is injured.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
If the Sixers were good, I'd be at more than 2 games a year. When OKC/LAC come to town are the only reasons to drop the coin and take time off from work.
I had to see Kobe once before he retires so I got that out of the way. Saw LeBron and Wade. I think next year I gotta see the Thunder and Clippers if I can. And definitely a Knicks/Nets game at the Garden.

I'll probably try to go Clippers/Nets at Barclays next year and go for OKC/Knicks the year after that.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's the avg ticket price with the Nets? I'd go to Brooklyn with friends. Definitely going to a Knicks/Nets game next year.
I find it varies wildly. "Good" games are Knicks prices, but games versus teams people don't generally want to see (Cavs, Cats, Jazz, Magic, Bucks, etc.) can usually be had for around $20 give or take $5.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I find it varies wildly. "Good" games are Knicks prices, but games versus teams people don't generally want to see (Cavs, Cats, Jazz, Magic, Bucks, etc.) can usually be had for around $20 give or take $5.
No ****? Wow. I'm hitting up the Cavs and Wolves next year at the Barclays then. ****. For that money it's worth the ticket.

You couldn't even see those teams at the Garden for less than 70 bucks for nosebleeders.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
No ****? Wow. I'm hitting up the Cavs and Wolves next year at the Barclays then. ****. For that money it's worth the ticket.

You couldn't even see those teams at the Garden for less than 70 bucks for nosebleeders.
Yup. I saw Kyrie earlier this year for $18 I think. Bleeders obviously, but still.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

For me hitting the Barclays will cost more in train tickets then the actual game ticket. Secaucus Junction is 14 bucks for parking, and the train ticket both ways to Barclays is about 10 bucks.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
For me hitting the Barclays will cost more in train tickets then the actual game ticket. Secaucus Junction is 14 bucks for parking, and the train ticket both ways to Barclays is about 10 bucks.
I was going to say, NJ Transit may go right into Atlantic Ave now. LIRR does.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I was going to say, NJ Transit may go right into Atlantic Ave now. LIRR does.
I'm sure if I go to the Nets website I can find out the cheapest way. I gotta look into this maybe I can squeeze another basketball game in this year.

If the Nets play the Cavs again I'm going. Gotta see Uncle Drew.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You both are terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You both are terrible.
Go see a $2 Pistons game and cry about Drummond getting 9 minutes.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
You both are terrible.
Go to a Pistons game. Ask a girl out. Frolic in the city. Go do something.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Go see a $2 Pistons game and cry about Drummond getting 9 minutes.
He's hurt.

Quote:
Go to a Pistons game. Ask a girl out. Frolic in the city. Go do something.
I work 45 hours this week and am volunteering to do poor people's taxes for an aide society on Saturday, and I have tests next week. No thanks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MetSox and NIP, all hope is not lost:

Quote:
After weeks of backroom talks, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson tonight announced that 24 Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov has agreed to make a bid to buy the Sacramento Kings to keep them from moving this year to Seattle.

The mayor, during his State of the City address at Memorial Auditorium tonight, also announced grocery billionaire Ron Burkle and the owners of the Downtown Plaza have agreed to team with the city to build a downtown arena.
Quote:
In addition, the mayor said former Kings star player Mitch Richmond would join about 20 other investors from Sacramento, each pitching in $1 million to buy a 7 percent stake in the Kings that is being auctioned in bankruptcy court.
Link
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mitch Richmond still has money?

Nice.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:00 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Drummond franchise player....

....9 mins a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Andre Drummond franchise player....

....9 mins a game.
This would make some sense if he actually played 9 minutes a game when he was healthy...which he didn't. He was getting increasingly more playing time and around 22-24 minutes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, he was getting ~20....I was just busting Brody's balls.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thibs is such a ******* idiot when it comes to managing minutes.
Is he? I'm shocked, this is the first time I think anyone has ever brought this up.

You should probably mention it every time the Bulls play as long as Thibs is the coach, because I heard the more something is complained about on the internet, there's a higher probability of it changin very soon.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
He's hurt.

I work 45 hours this week and am volunteering to do poor people's taxes for an aide society on Saturday, and I have tests next week. No thanks.
You can still ask a lady out. Just sayin. Or a guy. Whatever tickles your pickle.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Is he? I'm shocked, this is the first time I think anyone has ever brought this up.

You should probably mention it every time the Bulls play as long as Thibs is the coach, because I heard the more something is complained about on the internet, there's a higher probability of it changin very soon.
Or you know, when it results in an injury as because he stupidly has him in the game late for no reason. Which happened with Derrick Rose too.

RIP TheManInBlack