Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Unfortunately, this will forever be Martell Webster in my eyes.

He has about as much basketball IQ as a lot of Raider players have football IQ.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To be completely honest, i'm so out of touch with everything that's going on right now with the (non)sale of the team. I've been constantly on the road for the past two months that i haven't kept up. What's the latest so far?
Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov (CEO and former owner of 24 Hour) have submitted a counter-proposal to the NBA and the Maloofs for consideration to keep the Kings in Sacramento. Stern has said their proposal needs to be increased and Mastrov met the media questions with a grin saying "it's all a part of the process."

Meanwhile an existing minority owner has put together a separate proposal to utilize his right of first refusal and will likely try to match the Hansen/Ballmer bid in the coming week.

Under the Burkle/Mastrov proposal, the Kings would get a new arena in downtown Sacramento, one that would likely bring the NCAA tournament and the NBA All-Star game to Sacramento.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov (CEO and former owner of 24 Hour) have submitted a counter-proposal to the NBA and the Maloofs for consideration to keep the Kings in Sacramento. Stern has said their proposal needs to be increased and Mastrov met the media questions with a grin saying "it's all a part of the process."

Meanwhile an existing minority owner has put together a separate proposal to utilize his right of first refusal and will likely try to match the Hansen/Ballmer bid in the coming week.

Under the Burkle/Mastrov proposal, the Kings would get a new arena in downtown Sacramento, one that would likely bring the NCAA tournament and the NBA All-Star game to Sacramento.
Okay the only thing i hadn't heard of yet was the minority owner that wanted to match the Hansen/Balmer bid. In this instance, i don't see how Stern doesn't allow the team to stay, but i know there can and will be all kinds of backdoor politics involved. Everything makes sense and is in place for the team to stay in Sacto.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Okay the only thing i hadn't heard of yet was the minority owner that wanted to match the Hansen/Balmer bid. In this instance, i don't see how Stern doesn't allow the team to stay, but i know there can and will be all kinds of backdoor politics involved. Everything makes sense and is in place for the team to stay in Sacto.
It all comes down to 1 thing, IMO:

Does the Sacramento ownership group match the valuation Hansen/Ballmer put on the Kings?

If Mastrov/Burkle get the valuation up to snuff, I just don't see how the BOG says no. It would have put the Kings in a great position to be taxpayers rather than tax takers, you re-affirm to the cities with NBA teams that it's all about playing ball and getting a new arena down, and you STILL have Hansen/Ballmer itching to get a team.

A bonus to this: Kings at $525 million valuation in Sacramento vs. Kings at $525 million valuation in Seattle. Makes 29 other teams look that much better if/when they want to sell if Kings stay in Sacramento.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would think popavich would get ejected when coaching against a better team than the cavs

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
You would think popavich would get ejected when coaching against a better team than the cavs
I'm sure he gets bored, had to add some excitement to his life.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer Hawes tonite vs. Indiana:

18pts
16 boards
8 assists
7 blocks

That is filling the stat sheet I would say.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Spencer Hawes tonite vs. Indiana:

18pts
16 boards
8 assists
7 blocks

That is filling the stat sheet I would say.
Wow... Of course he could never do anything like that with the Kings.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Wow... Of course he could never do anything like that with the Kings.
Guy is the definition of inconsistent.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Guy is the definition of inconsistent.
Very true on that point.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John wall is killing our tank right now. 9th worst team now. The past 4 games he has played at an elite level without Beal being healthy. I love the way he is playing I just hope We get lucky come lottery time and get a no brainer selection so grunfield can't mess something up
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
John wall is killing our tank right now. 9th worst team now. The past 4 games he has played at an elite level without Beal being healthy. I love the way he is playing I just hope We get lucky come lottery time and get a no brainer selection so grunfield can't mess something up
John Wall has been ballin this past month. Took him a while to get back into form.

If he was healthy the entire season, top 5 pg for sure. Maybe top 3.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
John Wall has been ballin this past month. Took him a while to get back into form.

If he was healthy the entire season, top 5 pg for sure. Maybe top 3.
...Parker, Paul, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose (when healthy), Lawson, Curry, Lillard, Irving, Holliday, Williams, Jennings...

I'm not saying they're all better, but the first 5 definitely are and you can easily make the argument that another 4-5 are as well
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone on Lebron's team is cast. He's the best player in the game by far.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Durant was on the Heat he'd be cast?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So if Durant was on the Heat he'd be cast?
Obviously not but there's a substantial margin between him and Lebron even ifthey are 1 and 2 in the game right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

If he was healthy the entire season, top 5 pg for sure. Maybe top 3
Old 03-17-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
...Parker, Paul, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose (when healthy), Lawson, Curry, Lillard, Irving, Holliday, Williams, Jennings...

I'm not saying they're all better, but the first 5 definitely are and you can easily make the argument that another 4-5 are as well
Haha Jennings.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, Wall>Cousins.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Shut your face, yo.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

If wall was healthy the entire season he could easily average 20 & 8.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wall is a natural athlete, sort of like Rose but not nearly as good right now.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah... Wall is not even close to top 5 and shouldn't even be considered for top 3.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I didn't say he is. I said could've been.

so far he's:
  • shooting efficiently (since the beginning of march)
  • scoring a lot
  • getting a lot of steals
  • good from the free throw line
  • high assists even though he's dishing it to bums
  • rebounding well for a point guard
  • blocks well for a pg

sign of good things to come if he can keep it going to close out the season.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

jesus.