Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
:(

Any news on Felton? He's usually a ***** when it comes to injuries, so I hope this wasn't anything serious, bc he'll become fat and unproductive in no time if it is.
He kept playing. I saw that he plans to play against the Cavs.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
He kept playing. I saw that he plans to play against the Cavs.
Does Jimmy start for you guys or is he your 6th man?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does Jimmy start for you guys or is he your 6th man?
He's only started 16 games this year. He should be our starting 2 but Thibs doesn't like him and Luol on the floor on the same time for some reason. Also, I think he has played his way into the starting line-up, but we will see when everyone is healthy. The beginning of the season he was 10th on the bench or something ridiculous playing behind Rip and Belli, but now he is either starting or first of the Bench. He has played 98 minutes in the past two games so under a normal coach he would see reduced minutes the rest of the year.

Come playoffs I could see: Hinrich/Butler/Deng/Boozer/Noah starting. I think Thibs though will go with Rip or Belli and bring Butler in for Deng so he can have a better second line-up.

To answer your question, I don't know right now. If I was a betting man Jimmy comes off the bench in the playoffs.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey sorry BBD, I watched the end of the game with my best friend, and so far I've never seen my team beat her team when we've watched the game together.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Hey sorry BBD, I watched the end of the game with my best friend, and so far I've never seen my team beat her team when we've watched the game together.
It's all good bro, I didn't have a good feeling about that game anyway....but don't do it again!

Quote:
He's only started 16 games this year. He should be our starting 2 but Thibs doesn't like him and Luol on the floor on the same time for some reason. Also, I think he has played his way into the starting line-up, but we will see when everyone is healthy. The beginning of the season he was 10th on the bench or something ridiculous playing behind Rip and Belli, but now he is either starting or first of the Bench. He has played 98 minutes in the past two games so under a normal coach he would see reduced minutes the rest of the year.

Come playoffs I could see: Hinrich/Butler/Deng/Boozer/Noah starting. I think Thibs though will go with Rip or Belli and bring Butler in for Deng so he can have a better second line-up.

To answer your question, I don't know right now. If I was a betting man Jimmy comes off the bench in the playoffs.
I think he should be your 6th man, but I haven't seen enough of the Bulls this year to really say for sure. They should try using Deng at the 4 more often too.

One thing I definitely noticed is your bench is so depleted compared to last year. Last year's bench was sick. Asik <3
Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
It's all good bro, I didn't have a good feeling about that game anyway....but don't do it again!

I think he should be your 6th man, but I haven't seen enough of the Bulls this year to really say for sure. They should try using Deng at the 4 more often too.

One thing I definitely noticed is your bench is so depleted compared to last year. Last year's bench was sick. Asik <3
Agreed.

We have no back up center at all. With all but Rose healthy our back-ups are Nate / Bellinelli / Butler / Taj / Nazr Mohammad. That's why I want Dieng or Withey with our first round pick. Just to be a back up center. That is where the big area is missing. But if we are cool with wearing out Deng we could do Nate / Belli / Butler / Deng/ Taj when Noah is grabbing a breather.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We've already talked about it. If the Bulls play the Knicks in the playoffs we're going to 1 game together, but otherwise we're watching it separately. Same for if the Knicks meet the Thunder in the finals, cause they and Memphis are her second favorite teams.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Agreed.

We have no back up center at all. With all but Rose healthy our back-ups are Nate / Bellinelli / Butler / Taj / Nazr Mohammad. That's why I want Dieng or Withey with our first round pick. Just to be a back up center. That is where the big area is missing. But if we are cool with wearing out Deng we could do Nate / Belli / Butler / Deng/ Taj when Noah is grabbing a breather.
I want Dieng on the Knicks. Hands off. We need a backup big man that isn't 500 years old.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want Dieng on the Knicks. Hands off. We need a backup big man that isn't 500 years old.
I dont know man, Camby still looks like he can bang down low.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I dont know man, Camby still looks like he can bang down low.
Camby barely survived this season, and we literally wrapped him up in bubble wrap for the last 20 or so games so we can save his old bones for the playoffs.

He has 1 year left in him at best. We need to get younger, and I'm hoping we can squeeze 2 more years out of Martin, so if we can get Dieng to be a 3rd rotational big I think that will help us moving forward.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH LOOK DWILL HAS 33 AND 14

suck it league. Nets are coming for you

#itsnot2011 #outlawisgone #weactuallyhavetalentforonce
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the worst pro owners since the McCourts not only get a ridiculously out of line offer for their pro team, they get another group to match it and now they are going to get an increase on their offer. Goddamn.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waste of a W.

I can't talk **** when both KG and Pierce are out. Blah.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like it might be one of those Curry nights.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Looks like it might be one of those Curry nights.
30 points in 16 minutes.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Minnie, why you no win?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how many more guards need to destroy the Lakers before people stop talking about how they're a team no one wants to see in the playoffs?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why has nobody called out Metta for juicing to come back from injury? His early return is highly suspicious to say the least.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD did.

I guess they said the injury couldn't have gotten any worse and that's why he came back, but if I had to pick out an NBA player that was juicing he would be near the top of the list.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
BBD did.

I guess they said the injury couldn't have gotten any worse and that's why he came back, but if I had to pick out an NBA player that was juicing he would be near the top of the list.
He tears his meniscus, gets an initial 6 week diagnosis, comes back after 12 days, is showing no signs of being hampered, all at 33 years old. I call shenanigans.

To be honest though, its a good bet that a decent amount of guys are juicing. The league's testing is a joke and everyone knows it.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-12-2013 at 11:24 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

When it is all said and done in a week, we got pretty damn close to 72.

Sigh.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, it was nice knowing you Kobe.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

He had played every minute of the game until checking out with 3 minutes to go with the injury.

Probable Torn Achilles - Goodnite Kobe.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not even a Lakers fan but Kobe is easily one of my favorite players ever. Really hate to see him go out like this.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I have begun to really like Kobe over the last couple of years and have always respected his game/mentality. I would agree - horrible way for him to go out.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: