Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
MS, Hansen/Ballmer have offered the same thing, going as far as to say they'll be contributing to revenue sharing from day 1(I highly doubt that esp. with the lack of suits in Key Arena but that's their word). Both teams will contribute to revenue sharing once their new arenas are done anyway.

There's no other franchise for sale or to move right now plus Seattle's mayor may not be re-elected which is why the Seattle group wants something concrete now. When George Shinn, Michael Jordan, Michael Heisley, Howard Schultz and the Maloofs have all been NBA owners I have no idea why the league wont expand and have 2 good owners whose cities will actually like them.

NBA's gonna reject the sale, try to use the best interest clause to take over the Kings, massive lawsuits later both Sacto and Seattle fans enjoy the public tarring of the Maloofs and Stern.
This is why I believe the best step is to go through the process of denying the sales, allow the Maloofs the option to go quietly by selling to Hansen (which they will quickly decline) and then offer Seattle expansion.

It is very important to go through the process of the denials on the merit of the Sacramento market first, then after all denials are made you can bring up expansion. The reason for that is because the Maloofs can claim damages due to (I hate this damn term) tortuous interference. The claim would be that the NBA lured a buyer that was willing to pay more money away from the Maloofs with another offer, even though the Maloofs had a binding agreement. The Maloofs could claim damages of a minimum of the difference between the Vivek purchase ($525*) and the Hansen price ($625*), but possibly more.

If however, they go through the dog and pony show of denying all requests on other merits first, then they take away the potential buyer (now that the agreement is no longer binding), the NBA saves the headache of lawsuits from HBN, Seattle and Maloofs. And then they are able to essentially force the Maloofs to sell to the only willing buyers--Vivek and Co.

Also in this case, it's much less likely the NBA has to use the best interests clause as because the Maloofs will know they are too broke to make payroll.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 05-12-2013 at 11:36 PM.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Pretty much this really except that MOU is actually valid for 5 years and it would take 3/4ths majority of the new council to throw it out.
Got it. I was quoting a Seattle fan from another site trying to stress the urgency for Seattle to steal the Kings right now.

In your understanding, is that MOU good for 5 years until the start of building the arena? Or does the arena have to be completed within 5 years?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Got it. I was quoting a Seattle fan from another site trying to stress the urgency for Seattle to steal the Kings right now.

In your understanding, is that MOU good for 5 years until the start of building the arena? Or does the arena have to be completed within 5 years?
I'm not sure but it has to be 5 years to start. The current arena construction time frame was anywhere between 2015-2017 so it can't be 5 years to completion.

And yes there's large parts of the fanbase that I would love to disown the same way I would love to punch the nuts of those saying David Stern is a really nice dude and Seattle never did enough to keep the Sonics. It was the same issue 5 years ago, asshole owner will not sell to locals for any reason or price. Only difference was Stern was on the other side. Makes you wonder how much the Maloofs and Stern like each other.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part of all of this is knowing that if neither sale goes through we are in for another miserable season next year as Kings fans. The biggest thing i was looking forward to was getting rid of Not-so Smart and Petrie. This pretty much guarantees that we blow our first round pick and do absolutely nothing in free agency.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The worst part of all of this is knowing that if neither sale goes through we are in for another miserable season next year as Kings fans. The biggest thing i was looking forward to was getting rid of Not-so Smart and Petrie.
Oh that would be frustrating...

I think I could do it if I knew without a doubt the Maloofs would have the Kings taken from them by the end of the year.

But I really want to get this rebuild started now. My #1 GM candidate is already off the board as I really wanted Sam Hinkie.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh that would be frustrating...

I think I could do it if I knew without a doubt the Maloofs would have the Kings taken from them by the end of the year.

But I really want to get this rebuild started now. My #1 GM candidate is already off the board as I really wanted Sam Hinkie.
I suppose i could too, as my hatred for them has reached untouched levels these past few months, but it would basically destroy Cousins' development. He has gotten better every year and i'm really hoping we can bring in a coach that knows what the hell he's doing. Btw, what goes into your GM candidate rankings? Let's bring in Zach Lowe.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I suppose i could too, as my hatred for them has reached untouched levels these past few months, but it would basically destroy Cousins' development. He has gotten better every year and i'm really hoping we can bring in a coach that knows what the hell he's doing. Btw, what goes into your GM candidate rankings? Let's bring in Zach Lowe.
If I'm thinking about starting fresh in Sacramento, I want someone who is young but who has done worked with a GM every aspect of the franchise. Hinkie was perfect because he was pretty much a mini-GM. I'm thinking young because this is going to be a long rebuild and you don't want to get a guy on the tail end of his career. You want a guy you can build with.

With Vivek and Co. it sounds like they are looking for cutting edge analytics guys. I made a list on sactownroyalty.com.

The top 3 on my board were Hinkie, Mike Zarren (Boston) and Travis Schlenk (GSW). Others on the radar are Gersson Rosas (Houston), Bobby Marks (Brooklyn), Milton Lee (Brooklyn), Troy Weaver (Oklahoma City).

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure you don't want Dumars? He could get you guys OJ Mayo!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Sure you don't want Dumars? He could get you guys OJ Mayo!
Shut it Saddam. We want to see this franchise rebuilt, not run into the ground with more crappy chuckers.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 days off was unnecessary...Let's get this **** going...4 hours and counting..

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think Chris Bosh knows how *** he is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come the DPOY doesn't get on the 1st team All-D ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Fulford ‏@rfulford 1h
Andrew Wiggins will sign Tuesday at around 12:15. He will not hold a press conference type ceremony. Just classmates, family and friends
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
How come the DPOY doesn't get on the 1st team All-D ?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Do you think Chris Bosh knows how *** he is?
lol he is just a goofy dude.

Plus he has a hot wife and is a rich NBA star so he won @ life.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Rob Fulford ‏@rfulford 1h
Andrew Wiggins will sign Tuesday at around 12:15. He will not hold a press conference type ceremony. Just classmates, family and friends
I am on board with calling him Ender. Anyone with me?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
That is hilarious.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That one flew over my head.... Sorry.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from Ender's Game basically he is a prodigy
Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's almost too perfect.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiggins will be the GOAT.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last second shot, they dish the ball to Wiggins!

Wiggins to ender the game!

SCORES!!!

Color commentator gold right there people.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That one flew over my head.... Sorry.
A book called Enders Game. He's a child prodigy and his given name is Andrew Wiggin but everyone calls him Ender.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade is so brittle now, I knew his playing style would lead to a shorter career but he's breaking down now. The fact that they rested him a ton during the end of the regular season, and after the Bucks series, and he's still hurt says a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote