Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for shits and giggles. Nothing better to do on a non GSW night. (RIP 12-13 Thunder)

1. Chris Paul
2. Stephen Curry
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Tony Parker
5. Rajon Rondo
6. Derrick Rose
7. Kyrie Irving
8. Deron Williams (if he continues his revival)
9. John Wall
10. Mike Conley
11. Ty Lawson
12. Ricky Rubio
13. Jrue Holiday
14. Damian Lillard
15. Kemba Walker
Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many quality PG's in the NBA now.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that's after some pretty solid guys got left out. Calderon, Isaiah Thomas, George Hill, Kyle Lowry, and Brandon Jennings (hate everything about his game but he had some decent stats for a playoff team).
Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I mean, technically it makes sense since there are a lot more shorter guys in the world so it would make sense there is a lot of good PGs. Still, it makes me depressed to realize how many terrible bigs there are these.

I'd hate to even look at a top 15 for centers.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dislike the guy, but I think Rondo has to vault to #2 when healthy.

And yes, the fact that all these quality PG's have no big men to go to is depressing.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-14-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I mean, technically it makes sense since there are a lot more shorter guys in the world so it would make sense there is a lot of good PGs. Still, it makes me depressed to realize how many terrible bigs there are these.

Oh gosh... True centers? i.e. not PFs pretending to be Cs (like Tim Duncan or Greg Monroe)?

1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Marc Gasol
4. Roy Hibbert
5. Demarcus Cousins
6. Andrew Bogut
7. Omer Asik
8. Brook Lopez
9. Tyson Chandler
10. Al Horford (not really true center)

Yikes. That's so so so patchy just as it is. And I'm just as inclined to put Cousins at 9 or 10 as 5.

If we are talking about true centers, you can probably chop the list off after 9 and that's a list of true starting centers in the league right now.

*Edit - there are others like Perkins but he can't even get 19 minutes a game.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 05-14-2013 at 02:15 AM.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I'm not a big Rondo fan. His offensive game is so limited. I've also thought his assists were overrated a bit too when you compare them to how many times he's turning the ball over. Paul can put up those assists with about 2 less turn overs per game.

That and he's a massive tool and is not very coachable.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

Right, it makes sense, but seven, eight years ago it wasn't as deep as it is now. My PG list has 7, potentially 9 franchise level guys with five being good enough to be all-nba without a huge argument. That's insane.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Oh gosh... True centers? i.e. not PFs pretending to be Cs (like Tim Duncan or Greg Monroe)?

1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Marc Gasol
4. Roy Hibbert
5. Demarcus Cousins
6. Andrew Bogut
7. Omer Asik
8. Brook Lopez
9. Tyson Chandler
Oh wow. It's even worse than I thought when written out into a list.

I agree that Rondo is a tool, but his offensive game is improving a lot. He actually has a decent 15-18 foot jump shot when he doesn't think about it and just shoots. I've witnessed him catch fire quite a few times. When you talk about court vision, Rondo's is second to none. I don't think his assists are as overrated as you say and he can slash to the rim whenever he chooses. His defense is legit, and he runs that team on offense like a true floor general. He is still a dbag.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-14-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Meh, I'm not a big Rondo fan. His offensive game is so limited. I've also thought his assists were overrated a bit too when you compare them to how many times he's turning the ball over. Paul can put up those assists with about 2 less turn overs per game.

That and he's a massive tool and is not very coachable.
He's a career 48% shooter on offense and has greatly improved on that end of the floor from the days where you didn't have to guard him. He has elite court vision and passing ability to go along with elite rebounding for a PG, and very good man and off-ball defense. The turnovers do worry me to a certain extent, since he does try to get too fancy with his passes sometimes. But he's very much an elite PG in the NBA.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Oh wow. It's even worse than I thought when written out into a list.
Oh yeah... So bad...

Although there is some younger talent. Drummond could really jump up that list if he can come back from injury and be as effective in more minutes. Cousins could jump up if he can get his head out of his ass--give it another 5 years and 3 teams maybe. Omer Asik and Brook Lopez would make a very nice center if they were combined together into one.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 05-14-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rondo is an elite point guard.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I actually don't think the C list is all that awful. 9 of the 10 guys in that top 10 were starters for playoff teams and defensive anchors. The problem is that most of them are much more talented on the defensive end than on the offensive side. Off that list the only ones i think have, or can have top level offensive production are Howard, Gasol, Cousins and Bropez. The rest are just decent on that end but with very good productivity on defense. Except Chandler, who is 30 going on 48.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at the Celtics in the playoffs last year. Now look at them this year.

Also remember that this year's playoff team had Green and Bradley. Last year's did not.

Doc Rivers loves Rondo and said he is the smartest player he has ever coached. Doc is a smart man himself.

Do you still think Rondo's impact is overrated? The difference is drastic.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with this "weak" draft class coming up there are a ton of C's coming out I'm hoping someone just comes out and beast day 1. I really miss the dominate center era, especially watching Shaq play.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:36 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Even with this "weak" draft class coming up there are a ton of C's coming out I'm hoping someone just comes out and beast day 1. I really miss the dominate center era, especially watching Shaq play.
Andre Drummond could do that...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

In hindsight i enjoyed Shaq's career. As it was happening, i hated his guts. He's been one of just a handful of guys who were truly unstoppable.

Quote:
Andre Drummond could do that...
Not sure if srs.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Injuries have robbed some potential elite C's last few years. Yao and Oden off the top of my head.

Although, I'm not sure how far Oden's offensive game would have progressed by now.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yao actually produced at an elite level in the NBA before his feet gave out on him. Greg Oden was all hype and speculation.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I loved Yao.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I didn't respect Yao's career until I looked back on it when he retired. He really was a complete offensive weapon at 7'6.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Marc Gasol
4. Roy Hibbert
5. Demarcus Cousins
6. Andrew Bogut
7. Omer Asik
8. Brook Lopez
9. Tyson Chandler

Yikes. That's so so so patchy just as it is. And I'm just as inclined to put Cousins at 9 or 10 as 5.

If we are talking about true centers, you can probably chop the list off after 9 and that's a list of true starting centers in the league right now.

*Edit - there are others like Perkins but he can't even get 19 minutes a game.
Cousins above Asik, Chandler and Bropez is very amusing. Good show.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NIP, Bropez has gotta be #4 on that list behind Howard, Noah and Hibbert. Actually, probably 5 behind Marc Gasol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Durant is an overrated player. Don't worry guys, you'll see the light soon enough. Give it a couple of years.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant just tried to do literally everything last night and forced up some bad shots, which was sad to see.

Plus, the Grizz are such an awesome team defensively. Durant's going virtually 1 v 5 against a top defensive team
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote