Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I could see it as an issue if he plays 42+ minutes a night for the next few seasons. But he didn't get a ton of PT in either of his first regular seasons so I can't imagine a few weeks of a big workload will have an effect.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Full game, every game for a few weeks. Big deal.
He's going to do this going forward too though unless his coaching style drastically changed. Jimmy will almost certainly average 40+ minutes next year.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't matter. The Bulls are gonna suck anyway.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I was gonna say this. Jimmy is the new Luol. We are going to let Luol walk after next season, by which time Jimmy will have played 82 straight games of 45 minutes or more, and then we will give Jimmy all of Luolz money, only to have him develop some nagging injury that will never go away.

That said, I should have been more proactive/less lazy earlier in the year and bought a Butler shirt.
This is correct.

That's why I could see Luol being on the market this off-season. I hope it doesn't happen but it may.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It doesn't matter. The Bulls are gonna suck anyway.
That may be, but at least the Bulls never slept with Lumbergh!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame the bulls bench will continue to get decimated year after year, cause a quality bench forced thibs to at least rotate everybody except lou. As the bench gets thinner more and more players will start getting the lou treat from thibs. I can see in a couple of years when lou and boozer are gone, Taj and Jimmy Buckets both playing whole games.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's a shame the bulls bench will continue to get decimated year after year, cause a quality bench forced thibs to at least rotate everybody except lou. As the bench gets thinner more and more players will start getting the lou treat from thibs. I can see in a couple of years when lou and boozer are gone, Taj and Jimmy Buckets both playing whole games.
Meh, the only issue is this year and next because we have so much tied up in salary. Boozer will be gone after next year at the latest I'm sure and Deng will either be gone or have a more affordable contract. At that point we will have Rose, Taj, and Noah locked up, and hopefully Jimmy signed to a non-Dengesque contract. We will probably have Mirotic in 2 years, and unless he is the 2nd coming of Vlad-Rad, we will also have our draft picks plus Charlotte's first in 2015.

I'm not all that worried about depth going forward given the front office and staff's ability to identify/bring in players they need.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
@tomhaberstroh: Perkins finished with a NEGATIVE PER in the playoffs. -0.7 = worst ever with 200+ mins.
But like, they need him for Dwight Howard.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Perkins statistic: Had more fouls (38) than rebounds, points, and blocks combined (36) these playoffs.

So... Thunder offseason moves anyone? Clearly amnesty Perk, but what do we do with KMart? I am hoping we develop DeAndre Liggins, I really like him, maybe more than I should though. And then in the draft, no idea who we'll take.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stern should put the Thunder in the top six of the draft to make up for Patrick Beverly.

Strangely enough, i really liked what i saw from Reggie Jackson during the playoffs stepping in for Russ. I think he can develop into a good starter for them.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can they go after Howard? How sick would overrated Durant be with Howard and Westbrook?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can they go after Howard? How sick would overrated Durant be with Howard and Westbrook?
The Thunder don't have a ton of cap flexibility so Howard won't be option and I don't think he'd be a good fit either. Howard needs to go somewhere much like he had during the successful days in Orlando where he can operate from the post and he has a handful of guys who thrive from the perimeter.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Bennett would go that deep into the luxury tax for Howard if he was willing to take the crap they got for Harden to save money.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What about Golden State?

Curry and Howard would be pretty neat.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well maybe they'll realize that they were idiots in doing so and make up for it? Howard would be a great fit with them, really don't see the argument against it. KD/D12 and Russ/D12 pick and rolls would be nasty when you have someone like KD waiting on the kick-out.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about Golden State?

Curry and Howard would be pretty neat.
I'd take it.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus then the Thunder wouldn't need to hold onto Perkins to deal with Dwight!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Thunder still have the option to amnesty? Use it on Perkins asap.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C: Howard
PF: Lee
SF: Barnes
SG: Klay
PG: Steph

#Championship #WarriorsIn2014

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, they haven't used their amnesty yet. No ******* clue why they didn't amnesty Perk before this season but whatever.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
C: Howard
PF: Lee
SF: Barnes
SG: Klay
PG: Steph

#Championship #WarriorsIn2014
I'd adopt them as my third favorite team. I already like them a ton as it is.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Warriors have the cap room to straight up sign him so you'd have to give up something in exchange in a sign and trade. They used their amnesty already on Charlie Bell so they could bid on DeAndre Jordan lolz.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Holy **** Andrew Bogut and David Lee make a fuckload of money.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Not to mention Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins get paid a combined 20 million to do absolutely nothing.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That just means they'll have cap space to sign Lebron when he becomes a FA.