Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punches being thrown during a professional basketball game is bad. Period.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For marketing purposes, maybe, but who the hell cares, you don't make a single dime out of the NBA's image.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to bet on the Heat as underdogs today. Ill take that every single time.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never said I got bored with the spurs. just casual fans get bored with them. Spurs have always drew the worst ratings in the finals, nothing new. Nets, pistons, cavs.

I don't remember correctly but I think the spurs vs. knicks series was a big draw though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It's for entertainment. So no.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
As long as it doesn't go into the stands, its entertaining. We just don't have great rivalries where teams hate each other like that anymore.

Knicks/Heat was still the most fun I've had watching NBA basketball, and that is with your boys beating us 3/4 times.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fights in sports are great! it builds up the tension and makes the game more interesting.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm the only one that doesn't find violence brewing over a game entertaining? Especially when there's kids watching? :/

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If your kids are pussies that can't handle fighting maybe they should watch ballet instead.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so you know I wasn't trying to bag on anyone that does find it entertaining.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think we need straight up brawls and fist fights, but the occasional 5 second shoving match never hurt. Too much diva **** goes on. I wanna see dudes get mad. I wanna see a new 'Sheed taking over and freaking out
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Just so you know I wasn't trying to bag on anyone that does find it entertaining.
I know, and i wasn't directing that towards you, just a general comment.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just put it this way - Lebron giving George a low five after he just dunked on Birdman was bullshi t in my opinion. I know he trains with George and they are friends, but you don't do things like that during a playoff series. Save that **** for after the series and then you can give each other respect all you want.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-26-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't need to see people hitting each other. This isn't some street game, act like grown men.

But some people like the drama of everything. I'd personally just rather watch good sports. I don't need to see the Tiger spats to watch golf, I don't need to see fighting in sports. To me it only detracts from the actual game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

No one wants brawls like in Auburn Hills, but people like to see two competitive teams going at each other on the court. It is a part of sports to fight and scratch on the way to the title, and the competitive spirit makes it come out the most when teams really don't like each other.

The Pistons made Jordan earn it. It didn't make them dirty or take away from the game at all. They just weren't going to let someone take what they believe is theirs, the championship.

That's what people are talking about, or at least for me, when I say I like to see the fighting attitude out on the court. I don't need brawls and cheap shots, but I don't mind the shoving and letting the other team know you aren't backing down. That doesn't make them any less of a grown man or take away from the sport imo.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You never want loose cannons on your team (like pre MWP Ron Artest), but you also don't want a bunch of passive vaginas, either. I want guys that are gonna be tough, that will do whatever it takes to win for their team. Biggest reason why i root for Indiana in this series, they stood punch for punch with the Heat last year when everyone was scared of big bad Lebron. Guys like that are thrown off when someone finally stands up to them like Granger did last year.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You never want loose cannons on your team (like pre MWP Ron Artest), but you also don't want a bunch of passive vaginas, either. I want guys that are gonna be tough, that will do whatever it takes to win for their team. Biggest reason why i root for Indiana in this series, they stood punch for punch with the Heat last year when everyone was scared of big bad Lebron. Guys like that are thrown off when someone finally stands up to them like Granger did last year.
Wait people actually liked Granger's fake tough guy act last playoffs?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
He literally tried to start a fight with every member of the Heat.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
No one wants brawls like in Auburn Hills, but people like to see two competitive teams going at each other on the court. It is a part of sports to fight and scratch on the way to the title, and the competitive spirit makes it come out the most when teams really don't like each other.

The Pistons made Jordan earn it. It didn't make them dirty or take away from the game at all. They just weren't going to let someone take what they believe is theirs, the championship.

That's what people are talking about, or at least for me, when I say I like to see the fighting attitude out on the court. I don't need brawls and cheap shots, but I don't mind the shoving and letting the other team know you aren't backing down. That doesn't make them any less of a grown man or take away from the sport imo.

Those old Pistons teams were pretty dirty. Isaiah Thomas was a chicken ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Yup. Beats the diva princess act the Heat put on regularly. It got under their skin enough that they sent out a goon.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Those old Pistons teams were pretty dirty. Isaiah Thomas was a chicken ****.
I was never a fan of Thomas, but you can't take away from his toughness on the court. I just don't look at hard fouls as dirty to be honest, and more as just part of the game. (Or at least used to be part of the game, not anymore).

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yup. Beats the diva princess act the Heat put on regularly. It got under their skin enough that they sent out a goon.
Granger acted like a goon so it made it even. Plus, you had Stephenson making choke signals from the bench.

People get on the Heat if they ***** and call them cry babies, but if they go out there and play tough back, then they are dirty and goons. It is what it is I guess.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It's one thing to play tough and fight back on the court and another to send in your 12th man for the sole purpose of hurting someone.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Granger was trying to get a reaction every time he hit a Heat player hence all the stare downs after he fouled someone. He wasn't just playing tough and going about his business. He wanted someone to react to him.- Well if you want it that way, you better expect it back towards your team.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: