Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Speaking of which, if the Heat lose (I don't expect them to, I think Heat win in 6), I don't want to hear the Dwayne Wade excuse.

Bc during their streak when everyone was slobbing their knob, Wade was injured then too. So it's not like this is some new found issue that they can't play around. They've been playing with a hobbled Wade pretty much all season anyway. Not an excuse.

Bosh just needs to tuck in his ***** and play better and they'll be fine.
Wade was actually the healthiest he's been the last three years during the streak. He re-injured himself towards the end of the streak. With that said, I agree that it shouldn't be an excuse. San Antonio is really good, but if Bosh plays well the Heat should win.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can make an argument that the Pacers play better without Granger.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granger could have made a difference if he were to play within the system.

Meaning, get the ball inside to Hibbert or West and then get open on the perimeter.

But he would have just tried to create for himself.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All aboard the Spurs pain train!

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granger is a good defender and three point shooter. He was overrated for a few years when he was putting up 25 a game, but no one sees him as that anymore and he's not as average as y'all seem to think he is.

He might not have made a difference, but having him taking those open threes over Lance Stephenson or ******* Sam Young wouldn't have hurt.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
You know that scene in The Mummy when the mummy opens his mouth wider than any human can, and locusts fly out?

That's what Chris Bosh is doing here.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually hate the Spurs. Timmy D is the WORST of pretty much anyone when it comes to whining about the officials.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Mavs fan I innately hate the Spurs. But as an NBA fan I hate Dwayne Wade. Worst possible finals for me.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. I hope the Heat win. It's become quite fun to watch all the LeBron haters squirm and try to make up excuses as to why he's REALLY not elite like MJ or something.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha. I hope the Heat win. It's become quite fun to watch all the LeBron haters squirm and try to make up excuses as to why he's REALLY not elite like MJ or something.
I can't wait until he wins 6 rings and has, like, 8 mvps and is clearly the superior player and people are still scrambling for idiotic excuses left and right.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be interesting to see how many MVPs LBJ gets when it is all said and done. He could win it every year unless the media tires of him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people don't realize how annoying Spurs fans are with their "no one respects us" mentality.

Go Heat.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I can't wait until he wins 6 rings and has, like, 8 mvps and is clearly the superior player and people are still scrambling for idiotic excuses left and right.
BUT HE HAD A HOBBLED WADE AND CHRIS "I can't rebound" BOSH! CLEARLY SUPERIOR TO WHAT JORDAN HAD!

I don't think people realize how much help Jordan had, and how he ALSO struggled before getting that help. It's amazing how much winning/time has covered up a lot of his faults.

I'm sure it will for LeBron too, but I feel like in this social media driven world now LeBron will have more things held against him. Even though I think Jordan is a far bigger scum bag/douche than LeBron ever was.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan is unquestionably a bigger scum bag. I don't think anyone can debate that.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What bothers me so much about that is people act like Lebron's career is over. He's got a lot of basketball ahead of him and depending on how many rings, MVP's, or DPOY trophies he gets when it's all said and done is going to make it an interesting argument. There are quite a few things Bron does better then MJ already, and it's quite silly to be comparing MJ's full career legacy to a half career of Lebron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see how many MVPs LBJ gets when it is all said and done. He could win it every year unless the media tires of him.

I guess in hindsight it's good they gave it to Nash that year Bron came in 2nd, because it would be pretty ridiculous at this rate if not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but Jordan was in Space Jam!!!! That makes him AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What bothers me so much about that is people act like Lebron's career is over. He's got a lot of basketball ahead of him and depending on how many rings, MVP's, or DPOY trophies he gets when it's all said and done is going to make it an interesting argument. There are quite a few things Bron does better then MJ already, and it's quite silly to be comparing MJ's full career legacy to a half career of Lebron.

I guess in hindsight it's good they gave it to Nash that year Bron came in 2nd, because it would be pretty ridiculous at this rate if not.
The Rose MVP was complete horseshit as well.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Rose MVP was complete horseshit as well.
I could understand the Rose MVP though.

His season statistically plus how he vaulted the Bulls to the #1 team in conference.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BUT HE HAD A HOBBLED WADE AND CHRIS "I can't rebound" BOSH! CLEARLY SUPERIOR TO WHAT JORDAN HAD!

I don't think people realize how much help Jordan had, and how he ALSO struggled before getting that help. It's amazing how much winning/time has covered up a lot of his faults.

I'm sure it will for LeBron too, but I feel like in this social media driven world now LeBron will have more things held against him. Even though I think Jordan is a far bigger scum bag/douche than LeBron ever was.
In the 98 finals Jordan had a useless Pippen and a broken down Rodman. He won that series on his own. LOOK AT GAME 6! http://www.basketball-reference.com/...806140UTA.html

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I could understand the Rose MVP though.

His season statistically plus how he vaulted the Bulls to the #1 team in conference.
No. Lebron was better an it wasn't even close.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. Lebron was better an it wasn't even close.
I didn't see he wasn't better. I just said I could understand it for Rose.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
In the 98 finals Jordan had a useless Pippen and a broken down Rodman. He won that series on his own. LOOK AT GAME 6! http://www.basketball-reference.com/...806140UTA.html
What's your point? LeBron literally just did the same thing this entire series. Carried his team. And has done so in the past too. Pretty much took what was a number one overall pick type team in the Cavs to the Finals.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rose MVP reminds me of the Iverson MVP in 00-01. The reason Shaq only has 1 MVP is the same reason LeBron didnt win it two years ago. The Lakers were the villains of the league back then and were not at all popular, so the voters looked everywhere but the most logical choice just because they didn't really like him. The fact that Shaq doesn't have at least 3 MVP's is ridiculous.

Rose was, in the absolute best case scenario, third place two years ago behind LeBron and Dwight. Dwight was the best defensive player in the league and put up 23 and 14 on 59% shooting, leading a pretty meh Magic team to 52 wins. Dude is a complete child, but he was easily better than Rose two years ago. And LeBron? Well, he crushed everyone in virtually every possible way. Rose beating those two is frustrating.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the point is MJ will forever be better than Lebron.

FOREVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Lebron is elite at sprinting down the court after being called for a foul, whereas I don't think Jordan could even do that. Lebron 1, MJ 0.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote