Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Westbrook, but I understand why people don't.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo leads the playoffs in shots still.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I a homer if I have d-will even with rondo? The answer is yes but I don't care
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Am I a homer if I have d-will even with rondo? The answer is yes but I don't care
Yes. But Rondo not being able to shoot really hurts and he has games where he just doesn't attack for some reason.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raymond. Felton.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, Felton is muuuuch better than his rep prior to this season. He's not a stud by any means, but he's a solid starting PG.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Melo attempted 310 field goals in his 12 games before the Pacers eliminated the Knicks.

LeBron, who is in second place and 12 shots back will likely pass Melo in Game 2 of the Finals. For now, Melo has the lead despite playing five fewer playoff games than LeBron and scoring 91 fewer points.
Ouch. That stings.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

#AStormIsComing

2014 bitches. Get ready.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have no money to magically make yourselves better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We'll be healthy this time. Plus we have 2 draft picks to get younger with.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You only have one pick, and you aren't good enough when fully healthy anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-07-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We traded Brewer for OKC's 2nd. We have 2 picks.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Meh whatever, you probably won't be smart with the first pick and the second pick won't contribute anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-07-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Grunwald is a good GM. Shump was our last pick and he's pretty good.

I just want a depth big man and/or PG and I'm good.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I love Westbrook, but I understand why people don't.
I like Westbrook too. Hurts to say, since he plays for OKC...but I love the edge he plays with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. But Rondo not being able to shoot really hurts and he has games where he just doesn't attack for some reason.
his lack of ability to shoot just really kills him in my book, which is a shame because I love everything else about his game.

It's just tough to not see/have D-Will in the top 5 even though I know it's probably reality. ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Grunwald is a good GM. Shump was our last pick and he's pretty good.

I just want a depth big man and/or PG and I'm good.
Muscala or Jeff Withey would be a good pick for you guys in the late first.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Muscala or Jeff Withey would be a good pick for you guys in the late first.
**** you, Brody. I think Michael Carter-Williams would make a swell selection for the Pistons at 8.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
**** you, Brody. I think Michael Carter-Williams would make a swell selection for the Pistons at 8.
I was being serious, I think both are good picks in the late first you dolt.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-07-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I was being serious, I think both are good picks in the late first you dolt.
No thanks. I'd much prefer Dieng. Although I guess he probably won't be there. Maybe Shabazz wil free fall PJ III style.

Last edited by Rob S : 06-07-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
No thanks. I'd much prefer Dieng. Although I guess he probably won't be there. Maybe Shabazz wil free fall PJ III style.
And PJIII didn't do a goddamn thing last year anyway. Shabazz sucks. Dieng might fall as well, who knows.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-07-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I love ya Baller but the greatest defender of all time has spoken.

"If LeBron was playing in the late '80s or early '90s," Rodman said, "he'd be just an average player."

"If Michael played today ... really? If he played the game today at 28 years old, he would average 40 points a game, probably more."

"I'm just sick and tired of people always comparing him and Michael Jordan. It's a whole different era, man."

Pressed by Patrick about an "average" LeBron, Rodman said: "Look at those teams [when Rodman played]. Look at the Cleveland Cavaliers. Look at Golden State when they had Chris Webber and all of those guys. If those teams then could play now, they would kick anybody's ass today. Are you kidding me?"

"If I was 28 years old guarding LeBron ... are you kidding me?" Rodman said. "If he scored on me, I would be like, OK, thanks. Guess what, though? Sooner or later, somebody's gotta win, somebody's gotta lose, and most of the time I don't lose."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/7...average-player
i know little about basketball and nothing about basketball 20 years ago, but that is just a fundamentally flawed argument.

1) there is no way of knowing lebron james wouldn't be as good back then. absolutely no way. if lebron james was playing 20 years ago he would've been brought up playing the way the game is played back then. he'd be used to the contact and would be on the same level playing field as everyone else. so why can those guys do it and lebron apparently cant? thats not something you can project. its how someone is taught to play the game and the experience they gain from playing a certain way.

2) suddenly the talent level drops off as soon as the game changes? that is so so so stupid and it makes zero sense. as long as nothing drastic happens to participation numbers, the talent level is generally going to stay about the same. the more people you have playing basketball, the more talented players there will be. did participation numbers massively drop off as soon the rules changed? that would be the only explanation for everyone after a certain point sucking at basketball.

comparing careers is fine...but saying that the most talented player in nba for the last however many years, would be anything other than the same 20 years ago, is beyond ridiculous.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 06-07-2013 at 06:49 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have no money to magically make yourselves better.
You're just not ready for the storm that is coming. Dramatic representation on Melo bringin' the rain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Rondo is inconsistent, but playoff Rondo is awesomeness.

- I can see Withey or Muscala getting picked by a team like SAS and becoming a very useful player.

- I like Dieng, but Pitino players scare me a bit.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody is just mad cause his coach is gonna be Mo Cheeks. Parker is ridiculously clutch, but i'd still take Curry over him. And Russ is a god damn boss, his two way game is insane. Until Rose can get on the court and show me he won't play scared, i can't put him on my list.