Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I would have Magic over Kareem, but might just be me.
I would put Kareem over Magic, but I'm not sure if there's a wrong answer.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really isnt, im just a sucker for lists and rankings. Id have literally zero real objections if you want to mix around the six guys in my sig in any order.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron mother-******* James.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Lebron mother-******* James.
^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-21-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD better be loving this. Love it BBD. Love it. : )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't understand why people dislike LeBron.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I read, its pretty much the decision or "taking the easy way out" to win championships....which makes no sense to me.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He plays for the Heat. The Decision. How much of a tough guy act he puts on versus how much of a whiny/floppy little ***** he can be. Seriously dude, ******* Miami?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
From what I read, its pretty much the decision or "taking the easy way out" to win championships....which makes no sense to me.
See, that's not what I hear. It is always something nonsensical like, "he's a douche."
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he's good. He's a once in a generation talent. That is literally all someone needs to fuel hatred for someone else.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I do. Larry is obviously amazing, but I think LeBron over these last two years has jumped him.
I don't think there is anything outrageous about this, Bird's career was roughly the same length as Bron has produced so even on a career comparison it's a fair case.

I've personally only seen 4 players play that I'd think about taking before Bron right now if my life depended on it, Hakeem, Jordan, Shaq and Duncan, I'm not even sure we've seen prime LeBron yet either and I'd say he is genuinely 50/50 with all but Jordan on that list!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Oh Rose you knick lover you....LeBron does not put on a tough guy act... ever. Or at least not since he joined the Heat.....The back to back NBA Champion Heat.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
He plays for the Heat. The Decision. How much of a tough guy act he puts on versus how much of a whiny/floppy little ***** he can be. Seriously dude, ******* Miami?
Meh. Everyone flops. I'd flop my ass off too. The other team is doing it.

And the decision. Who gives a ****? His PR team **** the bed. Lebron is, by almost all accounts, one of the most genuine of all the superstars in the league. Hell, The Decision itself even raised a bunch of money for charity.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

The most important remaining topic of tonight left:

LeBron's bar tab in Miami. Over/Under 500k.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
The most important remaining topic of tonight left:

LeBron's bar tab in Miami. Over/Under 500k.
He will smash that number. Unless Pat Riley picks up the tab.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for hating LeBron...

Personally I find it very difficult to hate the player, his flopping is basically the only thing about his game that I don't love.

As a person/personality the list is a fair bit longer, I actually like him more now that he has embraced being a heel and run with it because to me he has always been a "douche" (for lack of a better term), his efforts to be the nice guy always seemed insincere to me, whether that is fair or not. I've never met him or anyone that has so it's purely on how I perceive him through media interaction.

The decision was pretty low, I have no problem with him going for a ring, hell I respect it and I wish more players would put the ring before money but the way he did it was spiteful and unnecessary towards a city that did nothing but support and admire him. There was no need to crush that city and be a genuine **** towards them.

The media obsession with him can also get nauseating at times, not his fault but still a part of "liking/hating" him.

I have to add, I don't hate LeBron but those elements all make me not like him as much as I could and probably should.

On top that he frustrates me a bit, most of the players that I "dislike" all have the "not as good as they should be" vibe. Probably harsh on Bron given how good he is but I dislike his refusal to add a genuine post game to his repertoire. Just like I always hated that Nash refused to just try on defense, he could have won a ring if he'd been willing to do that and I genuinely disliked that he wouldn't. Same for Dwight, before he went ***** mode and made me legitimately hate him I always disliked that he also refused to add any genuine post moves, that one hurt even more as a Magic fan though.

That said, I've liked LeBron more since he has sort of become more human and embraced that he often needs to be the bad guy.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron clearly just doesn't have "it".

Choke artist.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 of the things I like most about Lebron is that as he's growing with age, you see less of the on court dancing, silly emotions, jumping around. The stoic expression with the buzzer beater at Indiana was a perfect example. The way he sought out and found Lance Stephenson and gave him some words of advice after the series. When the finals was over instead of running around going crazy or standing up on the rafter bringing attention to himself he went directly to Kawhai and Wade went directly to Duncan and paid their respect properly.

It's just hard for me to hate anybody like that. The flopping is annoying as hell, so is acting like he got fouled on every play, but his professionalism and how humble he is doesn't seem fake to me because it's easy to get caught up in those moments and that's usually when you see someones true character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I agree with you, LL. Also, not only has he grown in that regard, his game has gotten demonstrably better almost every year. Seriously, wog, LeBron has no post game?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with LeBron I just hate all the "LeBron" fans who aren't really Heat fans woot excluded

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I respect the hell out of Lebron's talent and game on the court.

But I will never forget him complaining that Rose didn't blow him to come to Chicago. That's just hilarious to me.

Also as fenikz said, I much more loathe the "Lebron fanboy" than I do him.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm a monstrous LeBron fan boy and I'm proud to admit it.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron's development in his post game probably had as big of an impact as his improvement in 3s the past two seasons. That move on Danny Green the other night was so awesome.

I'm putting LeBron's progression points in the sky hook this offseason. Post game +18.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I have no problem with LeBron I just hate all the "LeBron" fans who aren't really Heat fans woot excluded
Why? This is what I'll never understand. I guess it's the "cool" thing to act like you aren't impressed watching a Hall of Famer play on tv? I wish I had realized the magnitude of what I was watching when I was seeing MJ play but I didn't, all I knew at the time was he was just a really good player. I would have gotten so much more out of Bulls games if it dawned on me I was watching the greatest player to ever play the game.

So why does it bother people so much to enjoy watching history? I guess this is something I'll never understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh. Everyone flops. I'd flop my ass off too. The other team is doing it.

And the decision. Who gives a ****? His PR team **** the bed. Lebron is, by almost all accounts, one of the most genuine of all the superstars in the league. Hell, The Decision itself even raised a bunch of money for charity.
It's not the flopping, I mean I've taked enough about my love for guys like Manu, Harden and Gallo who flop just as much as anybody. It's that this is 6'10" 250 pound monster of a man who acts like a big strong badass until someone's elbow swooshing creates a gust of wind so strong that it send him flying. That annoys me since I already don't like him for having made such an absurd spectacle out of joining the god damn Heat.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote