Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Chandler not overrated, Brodie? He's older, he's injury prone, and he has VERY little offensive game. He can finish, that's fine, but he has zero post game and cannot shoot.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler can barely catch the ball without bobbling it, so I don't really care about his ability to finish when he's dropping the ball half the time.

He can dunk. Big deal. He's 7 1", he should be able to do that.

For the price, he's severely overrated. Is he valuable? Yes. We're a better team with him than without him for sure. But his production/dollar is not ideal. Neither is his age.

You can get similar production out of a big man rotation that is much cheaper and use the money you save on other resources.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would think if he's so bad at catching the ball, he'd turn the ball over a significant amount...which he doesn't. At all. You take Tyson Chandler off of the Knicks, and they go absolutely nowhere. I wouldn't even put them in the playoffs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler was 44th in the NBA in PER last year.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And Melo was 4th yet you hate on him all the time.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Amar'e was 13th. Please go.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You would think if he's so bad at catching the ball, he'd turn the ball over a significant amount...which he doesn't. At all. You take Tyson Chandler off of the Knicks, and they go absolutely nowhere. I wouldn't even put them in the playoffs.
Cousins and Chandler have a nearly identical turnover rate (% of possessions ending in turnover).

Brody says Cousins turns the ball over a ridiculous amount.

Brody says Chandler doesn't turn the ball over a significant amount.

#DebunkingTheBrodyBias
Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And 4th in win-shares.

Quote:
1. LeBron James-MIA .322
2. Kevin Durant-OKC .291
3. Chris Paul-LAC .287
4. Tyson Chandler-NYK .207
5. Tony Parker-SAS .206
Chandler is terrible though totally his fault the Knicks love their iso with their chuckers. :P Keep in mind the Knick's usage percentages too... 35.6 for Melo (league leading) and 26.5 for JR (20th).
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

And Asik was 147. Definitely go.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
And Melo was 4th yet you hate on him all the time.
You're confusing me with Brody. I barely even acknowledge the worthless Knicks.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cousins and Chandler have a nearly identical turnover rate (% of possessions ending in turnover).

Brody says Cousins turns the ball over a ridiculous amount.

Brody says Chandler doesn't turn the ball over a significant amount.

#DebunkingTheBrodyBias

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-02-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think it's time you give some credit where credit is due, Brody.

#BoogieIn2014
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Meh, it's more of my overlooking that than anything when it comes to Chandler. Cousins is still inefficient and lousy on D.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#AStormIsComing
Old 07-02-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Andrea Bargnani.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-02-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Is still better than any player on that shithole of a team you root for.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Shumpert developing into a legitimate 2nd option on offense. I hope he does, but I don't see it happening. His jumper isn't great (debunk with stats by all means - I'm not looking up the advanced stats - this is all eye test), he's passive at times, and he can't create his own shot.

Yes he went on a memorable run in Game 6 against Indiana, but he finished that game with 19 points and shot 41% from the field in the playoffs.

I think he can be a 14ish ppg scorer and a dynamite defender, but a lot of people are expecting him to become a real No. 2 option and there's just no evidence of him making that leap in terms of assertiveness or consistency. This is a guy who scored 20 pts once all year last year...

I think his good flashes were flashes of a 14 ppg scorer - not a guy who's gonna give you 18-20 on a high seed...

He had as many single digit games as double digit games in the playoffs.

As for Elton Brand - if there was any way we could put his toughness in Bargs body with Bargs shooting - we'd have a nice player.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monroe/Drummond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>Bargs

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's getting HOT in here!

Guys, guys, guys.... Stop talking about crappy Centers.

#NikolaVucevic4MVP
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I can't wait to see Bargs hammer LeBron as he travels down the lane.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I take it you like to play the NBA 2K series? Andrea is as soft as the name implies. Barg's might break a nail if he tried to actually defend someone.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Que?
It would be the first hard foul of Barg's career.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I take it you like to play the NBA 2K series? Andrea is as soft as the name implies. Barg's might break a nail if he tried to actually defend someone.

I don't play video games. Other than Madden. I hate Bargs. I just don't think we gave up anything critical for him so I don't get the uproar.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The uproar is that you pay a guy 12m per year to be absolutely worthless at playing basketball.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The uproar is that you pay a guy 12m per year to be absolutely worthless at playing basketball.
As opposed to have Steve Novak sitting on our bench for 3 years?

Come on.

It's fine to make fun of the player, but this was a wise move financially. The team is so hamstrung with stupid ass Amare, saving money for 2015 was about all they could do to help the cap situation.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote