Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vivek and Petey decided Wiggins was too good to pass up. So they decided to pass on Iggy so they can grab him.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Raps turn down Stuckey and Charlie V for Rudy. That's a fantastic deal for them.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woj reporting that Kings offered the big money to get a commit then and there, Iggy still wasn't sure about his decision so the Kings pulled the offer.

I like Iggy, but a near 30 year old guy with a lot of wear and tear and no jumpshot earning 56M over the next four years is pretty scary. I'm glad we rescinded. I'd much rather match the Tyreke deal and live with that than be in cap hell two years from now when Iggy is even worse on offense and untradeable.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I don't think the Magic are quite ****** enough to be in the Wiggins Sweepstakes, you're Cavs/Pistons/Celtics(without Rondo) level
There is an art to tanking. Like making Oladipo our PG. lol.

We got this.

In all honesty, we're going for the best PG... Smart, Harrison or whoever that ends up being. We're set at SG and SF. Of course if we got the #1 pick it would be Wiggins, but those aren't our biggest needs. We need a PG and defense in the interior.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Woj reporting that Kings offered the big money to get a commit then and there, Iggy still wasn't sure about his decision so the Kings pulled the offer.

I like Iggy, but a near 30 year old guy with a lot of wear and tear and no jumpshot earning 56M over the next four years is pretty scary. I'm glad we rescinded. I'd much rather match the Tyreke deal and live with that than be in cap hell two years from now when Iggy is even worse on offense and untradeable.
I like that move by the Kings. Sometimes these players think they can play games. $56M wasn't enough for him to commit??? I hope he gets paid way less wherever he ends up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
No way Raps turn down Stuckey and Charlie V for Rudy. That's a fantastic deal for them.
Yeah, I don't get it. Maybe Dumars wanted their 2014 First Rounder in the deal or something.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team that doesn't tank that finishes 6th or 7th will be the team to win the Wiggins sweepstakes. I think Wiggins ends up in Philly.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The team that doesn't tank that finishes 6th or 7th will be the team to win the Wiggins sweepstakes. I think Wiggins ends up in Philly.
This. It's never the worst team, so I think history has shown we can almost omit that team. Somewhere between 3rd to 6th worse. My favorite landing spots for him now are Sixers, Celtics, & Magic probably. MJ doesn't deserve him, but they would probably trade MKG to a deserving team so 1 way or another it's a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I like that move by the Kings. Sometimes these players think they can play games. $56M wasn't enough for him to commit??? I hope he gets paid way less wherever he ends up.
Crazy what competent management and ownership can do for a team

We weren't about to get used as leverage for him to get even more money elsewhere, or just put our whole offseason plan on hold until he decided what he wanted to do. Strong, proactive move by Vivek and Pete here. This now turns our attention to matching Tyreke's deal, or squeezing a good player from the Pelicans for him.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucks have offered Kyle Korver a 3 year, $20 million deal.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7 mill a season for corner 3s.

Terrible.

Basketball GMs are so stupid.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Terrible.

Korver can hit from all over, not just corner 3s. I still don't think he is worth that money. The issue is that no one wants to sign in Milwaukee.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Terrible.

We are paying and gave up much more for...not even corner threes.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah but #AStormIsComing
Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ROFL. Poor Andrea.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but #AStormIsComing
I do not see how this applies.

BBD: Hates Gallinari, doesn't mind Bargani.

DO NOT UNDERSTAND
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I do not see how this applies.

BBD: Hates Gallinari, doesn't mind Bargani.

DO NOT UNDERSTAND
2 totally different scenarios. Bargani is a salary dump/bargaining chip move who cost nothing to get. He has no long term future here but will either help us take even more money off the books in 2 years or be used as an excellent trade chip in 1 year.

Gallo was a guy talked about as a long term player for the Knicks. Do not want.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
2 totally different scenarios. Bargani is a salary dump/bargaining chip move who cost nothing to get. He has no long term future here but will either help us take even more money off the books in 2 years or be used as an excellent trade chip in 1 year.

So, if we're going into salary dump mode and giving up on the next two seasons why not trade Melo?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Remember the last time ANYONE cared about a big expiring contract? Me neither, let the "excellent trade chip" crap go.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
So, if we're going into salary dump mode and giving up on the next two seasons why not trade Melo?
Why would you trade a top 5 player in the league? Smart basketball GMs don't do that.

Melo is in our long term future. The rest will get junked, but we'll get 1 maybe 2 other guys around Melo in 2 years and have a legit contender.

Chandler, Bargs, Stat will be gone.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would you trade a top 5 player in the league? Smart basketball GMs don't do that.

Melo is in our long term future. The rest will get junked, but we'll get 1 maybe 2 other guys around Melo in 2 years and have a legit contender.

Chandler, Bargs, Stat will be gone.
Oh you scoundrel.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#knicksstillirrelevant

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#AStormIsComing

Forecasters predict light rain with a slight chance of lottery.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
And we will have another lotto pick from the Hornets. I just hope it doesnt end up Top 5 somehow.