Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I actually love Bismack. Ben Wallace 2.0 without the fro.
Lol. I will let Brody have this one.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Lol. I will let Brody have this one.
Most people love the superstars, I love the role players. He probably will never score 20, but I am sure he will have a 20 rebound game. Him, Kyle Korver, Birdman, Iggy (most say he isnt a "star"), Dalembert. The only start I truly like is Iverson

Oh yeah, ex-76ers too.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually love Bismack. Ben Wallace 2.0 without the fro.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what youre trying to say there.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most people love the superstars, I love the role players. He probably will never score 20, but I am sure he will have a 20 rebound game. Him, Kyle Korver, Birdman, Iggy (most say he isnt a "star"), Dalembert. The only start I truly like is Iverson

Oh yeah, ex-76ers too.
I love role players. That doesn't change the fact that Bismack is not remotely like Wallace.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Can someone explain to me how they don't work together?
How do they work together? I'd like to hear that.

They just banking on injury or what?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I love role players. That doesn't change the fact that Bismack is not remotely like Wallace.
Both undersized bigs who strictly are defense and rebounders, who cant shoot worth a crap and horrible free throw shooters. HIgh energy.

Shoot, statistically they are basically the same as well, when Ben was in Washington before the trade to Orlando then Detroit.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Al Jefferson to the lolcats for 3/41, early opt out after year two.
That's just embarrassing, but hey its good for the Celtics tank.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Brad Stevens is gonna win gamezzzzz.

But yeah.... Bobcats signing Jefferson is music to my ears. One more team taking themselves out from the top of the lottery.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both undersized bigs who strictly are defense and rebounders, who cant shoot worth a crap and horrible free throw shooters. HIgh energy.

Shoot, statistically they are basically the same as well, when Ben was in Washington before the trade to Orlando then Detroit.
Bismack isn't built like Ben, and they might have similar stats their first couple of years, but that's mostly noise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyreke has stated he does not want to play the SF position, and neither of Gordon nor Jrue is big enough for the SF position.
Well we stated that we want to keep Gordon (how true that is who knows) and if it is true then I doubt we lied to Evans about that and if he knows we plan on keeping Gordon then I doubt Evans would have signed.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bismack isn't built like Ben, and they might have similar stats their first couple of years, but that's mostly noise.
Bismack is also 3 years younger then Wallace when he came into the league. I would say with strength and conditioning from a major sports team, in a couple years he will be bulked up. By saying Ben Wallace 2.0 I dont exactly mean he will have the same career as Ben, maybe "Ben Wallace Lite" would've been a better term?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Brad Stevens is gonna win gamezzzzz.
Hopefully down the road. This year? No. He will have to "adjust to the NBA game" and a "learning curve" and "bumps along the way".

Ainge during the meeting: OK Brad so I know you are used to winning, but we are going to suck this year, you will be a part of that, and that's non negotiable. But we won't blame you and we will give you a long deal to make up for it. Deal? Good, now here's M.L. Carr's number.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So funny.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...aded-bargnani/
Old 07-04-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobcats are gonna amnesty Tyrus Thomas. Maybe they'll go after Monta!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There needs to be more Pablo Prigioni talk in this thread cause Priggie Smalls is the illest.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobcats going to the playoffs yall!!!
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Eric Gordon for Danny Granger. Makes too much sense.
Jrue/Evans/Granger/Anderson/Davis

I could see that team making the playoffs

I don't like that they don't have a real center at all.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of the Granger for Gordon trade idea for IND. Stephenson is a solid option at SG, just need to cut down on the bonehead plays a bit.

If Granger is willing to take the 6th man role, that would be the best option for IND. If not, move him for a couple above average bench players. But trading an injury prone player for another injury prone player is a bit pointless imo.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

When did Paul become the voice of reason?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has a real C/PF anymore?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The Pistons do.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
When did Paul become the voice of reason?
I wish many Brandon Jennings and OJ Mayos on the Pistons.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I'm all for tanking but i don't see a lot of tank worthy players out there as good as next year's draft looks to be. Everyone talks about Wiggins but not sure i'm seeing any higher ceiling than a Tracy McGrady.

Having said all that they'll lose a ton of games whether they try to or not.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This is amazing and to some extent the same reaction as most fans (minus the extreme excitement) except for bbd and some Knick fans.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote