Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
McGrady's career wasn't even half of what it probably should have been, and hes still a top 10 SG of all time for me. Dude was SO insanely talented. Still depresses me that Houston never had he and Yao healthy at the same time for any sort of real stretch.
Why did he have to leave the same year the Magic drafted Dwight Howard??? Those 2 would've been insane.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I don't think this is fair given that he went to Orlando during the same offseason as Grant Hill. That was back when Hill was Mr. Triple Double and everybody would have taken him over Carter. Granted, Hill was already damaged goods by the time he showed up in Orlando, but nobody knew that at the time.

Not only was McGrady eager to play with Hill, he also wanted Tim Duncan to join them.
Truth is the Magic could only sign 2 of them. They wanted Duncan and Hill first. Duncan said no, so the Magic took T-Mac.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I remember when the first Kobe shoes came out (ugliest things ever), but the t-Mac's were way better.
I had most of T-Mac's but these were my favorite...

Old 07-05-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looked like Timmy was going to Orlando for a while there. That offseason was pretty interesting.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

@janiscarr
Dwight has made his decision. Said he will announce his destination via Twitter possibly this weekend

too funny
Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance he's a Warrior?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It makes perfect sense to pick Rodman over KG or Duncan at PF.
Agreed. Greatest rebounder of all time, arguably the best defensive forward of all time and most importantly he's easily the greatest role player of all time. In these hypothetical scenarios it's nice to think all 5 guys on the floor will be stars and will be able to score at a similar rate but that's just not the case. Some guys in your starting 5 would have to become role players who do the dirty work.

(PS, I detected your sarcasm so this is me explaining the selection) You see the fact that you said KG or Duncan shows that if you pick one, there isn't really that big of a difference between the two makes them relatively less valuable in this Super Team scenario. For almost all players there's another player who is very comparable and is almost just as good at producing in the same position/role. As I mentioned earlier, on a team full of all-time elite players, someone (at any position) has to be the player who sacrifices scoring to be a dirty-work role player. In that role, Dennis is so far ahead of everyone else that he becomes extremely valuable, probably as valuable if not more as any player you could pick at any position.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
@janiscarr
Dwight has made his decision. Said he will announce his destination via Twitter possibly this weekend

too funny
I know LeBron took his sweet ass time too and I have selective memory because he picked the Heat, but Dwight is a ******* jackass.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Any chance he's a Warrior?
He'll enjoy being on our team, the chemsitry is great. We'd be serious contenders. Living in THE Golden State. Fans that'll love him.

I don't see why Houston, Dallas, LA or Atlanta should be so much more likely places for him to end up.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That rumor with Dwight and this weekend has been debunked.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

For all the MANY Magic fans out there.... ;)

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555 14m
#Magic @moe_harkless on @VicOladipo "I’m already in love with the kid’s game. He goes hard. He really plays in control & can play PG and SG"

John Denton @JohnDenton555
#Magic Mo Harkless put lots of work in weightroom. Max bench up from 200 to 230 lbs. Before: Benched 185 lbs 5 X now 15 X. Weight up to 222.

I'm told of all #Magic players to make strides in weight room this summer PG Doron Lamb has made biggest jump. Could be another find for ORL

#Magic PG Doron Lamb proved last yr he could really shoot and has great size. Now he's in phenomenal shape and could be 1 to watch in Sum Lg
Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
The Dream was so good.
http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...e_from_hakeem/

I wish the internet had been in full force when I was a kid. I remember saving my money up to buy mail-order VHS tapes if I wanted to learn new moves from all-time greats.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Admiral > Hakeem.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Admiral > Hakeem.
Oh no.....you be trolling right?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I've argued that for a while.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Ah - I didn't think anyone was allowed to make that argument after what Hakeem did to him in the playoffs the year Robinson won MVP.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Admiral > Hakeem.
I doubt Robinson would even agree with that.

But of course you're siding with the compiler and of course you're for whatever reason deliberately ignoring one's ability to play basketball again and basing your opinion completely based off stats, again.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Golden State has Philadelphia, Cleveland and Utah involved in talks on complicated deals for salary dumps, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Golden State has Philadelphia, Cleveland and Utah involved in talks on complicated deals for salary dumps, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Apparently GS might be going after Iggy.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But there's also this

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Warriors have been trying to get contracts off for a long time -- do covet Andre Iguodala -- and activity may still be unrelated to Howard.

Mark Heisler @MarkHeisler
So #D12 -> #Rockets? Source tells USAToday's Sam Amick #Warriors just got 'indications… the Houston Rockets are the strong favorite."
Old 07-05-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not impossible, but I just find the GSW massive salary dump situation unlikely at this point. So many hurdles to jump there, when Houston is an equally attractive option and can just sign him outright.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like we were going to land a meaningful FA this year so I can't say I have an issue with taking on salary for a year to collect a pick/asset I guess.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
It's not like we were going to land a meaningful FA this year so I can't say I have an issue with taking on salary for a year to collect a pick/asset I guess.
Have the Cavs hit the salary floor yet?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I was about to say don't you guys have pretty much unlimited funds going into 2014 already?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Well if they have hit the salary floor (or intend to with other signings), I could see ownership being reluctant to pay Bogut's $14mil just to get a pick.