Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight now 50/50 on leaving the Lakers

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight is a Rocket. Stop letting twitter win.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Dwight is a Rocket. Stop letting twitter win.
not according to multiple sources
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it's worth being miserable in a city with inflated taxes and a crappier team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My cereal box is tweeting that Dwight Howard will be a Raptors

Book it.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Pistons will basically have nobody on the books next season, who are some of the top FA's next year? Is it possible that they could suck enough to get Wiggins?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
My cereal box is tweeting that Dwight Howard will be a Raptors

Book it.
mmmm. cereal. I'm going to pour me a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
So the Pistons will basically have nobody on the books next season, who are some of the top FA's next year? Is it possible that they could suck enough to get Wiggins?
I doubt it. Drummond/Monroe is enough to get us around 25 wins, which is more than the 76ers, Magic, etc.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. They simply aren't capable of being that bad with their collected talent.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait wtf we gave calderon 4/29?!?!??!?!?!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

They could refuse to play Drummond again, which would be hilarious.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
They could refuse to play Drummond again, which would be hilarious.
What, are we going to start Kravtsov the entire season?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What, are we going to start Kravtsov the entire season?
Drummond and Monroe just can't play together, Brody. Accept it. Drummond will play 15 mpg and you will like it.

Josh Smith and Monroe will make an excellent starting frontcourt.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mavs ******** themselves all over the panic button.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I don't think that's a bad signing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't Dwight just sign one-year deals so he can do this every summer?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think that's a bad signing.
They gave 30m to a guy that will not improve their win total in the slightest unless he's coupled with an actual impact player.
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the worst signing and I'm expecting another tank season but we gave him a 4 year deal, wonder if there is a team option or not. I guess Cuban is confidence he can throw something together.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lakers still have a chance. That $30M on the table was one of the reasons why he was waffling on staying with the Magic. He never wanted to leave that. That's why he forced a trade instead. Maybe the Lakers are not playing nice about a S&T.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

it's not a done deal

Quote:
Howard's call to the Lakers came hours after a person from his camp informed the team that he would not re-sign with Los Angeles, according to the source.

"He changed his mind," the source said. "Hey, he's Dwight. What can you say."
Old 07-05-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think the Lakers still have a chance. That $30M on the table was one of the reasons why he was waffling on staying with the Magic. He never wanted to leave that. That's why he forced a trade instead. Maybe the Lakers are not playing nice about a S&T.
As well they shouldn't.....unless it is to Golden State. A S&T to Houston would make the Rockets getting Josh Smith much easier. This would make Dwight happy. **** letting Dwight be happy.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess it's worth being miserable in a city with inflated taxes and a crappier team.
Not to mention they're an old, ****** team.

But the tax thing isn't being brought up enough. If my calculations are correct which they may not be, he'd have to pay roughly 1.5 mil per year in state taxes that he wouldn't have to pay at all in Houston. People keep throwing around this 30 mil but it's really quite a bit less than that.

That 23.6 (before taxes) in the last year would obviously be appealing because there's no guarantee he'd get that much in his next contract after Houston BUT he is more likely to get another big contract at 31 after being on a successful team than he would at 32 after possibly struggling for years.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

lulz it would be hilarious if he actually goes back to the Lakers. It would be just as stupid as him declining his early opt out with the Magic.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Not to mention they're an old, ****** team.

But the tax thing isn't being brought up enough. If my calculations are correct which they may not be, he'd have to pay roughly 1.5 mil per year in state taxes that he wouldn't have to pay at all in Houston. People keep throwing around this 30 mil but it's really quite a bit less than that.

That 23.6 (before taxes) in the last year would obviously be appealing because there's no guarantee he'd get that much in his next contract after Houston BUT he is more likely to get another big contract at 31 after being on a successful team than he would at 32 after possibly struggling for years.
It's actually been discussed quite a bit, ESPN ran a number a while back saying it would be 13M of difference from a Lakers max and a Houston max with the difference in having a state income tax and not having one.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
lulz it would be hilarious if he actually goes back to the Lakers. It would be just as stupid as him declining his early opt out with the Magic.