Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm thinking it's a situation where they don't really have another PG on their summer league roster who they can roll with so they're playing Victor their as a means of giving him a better understanding of the entire offense and to improve his ball handling.
If it's just for Summer League then whatever, but he shouldn't be playing big minutes there in the regular season.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I like the core, but it would be better if you would have spent that Jarret Jack money on an actual need.

I guess unless their training staff is more worried about Irving's injury history than we know.
Well they needed another guard, Kyrie has missed games due to injury in his first two years. They need someone to pick up the slack if/when he gets hurt during the regular season. Quality guys like that are gonna cost Cleveland more than some teams b/c they don't have the sexy "hot big cosmopolitan" appeal of some places. Not a bad signing. They are saving capspace for next year to make a run at a superstar too in that loaded FA class, wild guess which one most likely to be interested.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading this... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...173649999.html

Quote:
The Lakers have already saved about $2.2 million by buying out reserve guard Chris Duhon, and if you add that number to MWPís $7.7 million the team technically dips below last seasonís luxury tax threshold.
Forgot that the Magic were able to unload Chris Duhon too. That Howard trade pulled off by Rob Hennigan was masterful. Unloaded Duhon's contract, Jason Richardson's contract, and got back Arron Afflalo, Moe Harkless, Nikola Vucevic, 2014 Denver 1st Rounder, 2017 Lakers 1st Rounder, and a huge $17M TPE. Not to mention Josh McRoberts who they ended up flipping to Charlotte.

Oh and today Howard is gone from LA, Iggy is gone from Denver, and Bynum is looking like he's gone from Philly.

Remembering when everyone said the Magic got hosed is now pretty funny.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame the Cavs for going after Jack, I just don't get why Jack signed for them. Surely he could've gotten ~MLE money from a real contender.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I don't blame the Cavs for going after Jack, I just don't get why Jack signed for them. Surely he could've gotten ~MLE money from a real contender.
Non taxpayer MLE is 5.15 million this year, his deal is 4 years 25 mill so he's going to make more than that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Non taxpayer MLE is 5.15 million this year, his deal is 4 years 25 mill so he's going to make more than that.
Yeah and I don't blame anyone for getting their money. I just feel like one of the contenders would've come close and a lot of vets would take a little less to go for the ring while it is not yet blatant ring hunting.

Again, his prerogative for sure. I don't blame him, no doubt that I would pull an Al Jefferson myself.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Reading this... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...173649999.html

Forgot that the Magic were able to unload Chris Duhon too. That Howard trade pulled off by Rob Hennigan was masterful. Unloaded Duhon's contract, Jason Richardson's contract, and got back Arron Afflalo, Moe Harkless, Nikola Vucevic, 2014 Denver 1st Rounder, 2017 Lakers 1st Rounder, and a huge $17M TPE. Not to mention Josh McRoberts who they ended up flipping to Charlotte.

Oh and today Howard is gone from LA, Iggy is gone from Denver, and Bynum is looking like he's gone from Philly.

Remembering when everyone said the Magic got hosed is now pretty funny.
The nets were the real winner in that trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah and I don't blame anyone for getting their money. I just feel like one of the contenders would've come close and a lot of vets would take a little less to go for the ring while it is not yet blatant ring hunting.

Again, his prerogative for sure. I don't blame him, no doubt that I would pull an Al Jefferson myself.

Yeah I thought you were saying that he was going to make less than the MLE, but just realized you were saying that he could have got the same money from a contender. I've been drinking.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pull an Al Jefferson first. Then pull a Ray Allen.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I have to be honest, I'd probably continue to pull Al Jeffersons as long as the monetary difference was even moderately large.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm thinking it's a situation where they don't really have another PG on their summer league roster who they can roll with so they're playing Victor there as a means of improving his ball handling and forcing him to have a better understanding of the entire offense.
The more people you have that are capable of getting the ball across half-court, the better.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The more I see Olynyk the more I want to have seen him play with KG and Pierce.
to be honest I'd rather see him play with Wiggins or Parker.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
The nets were the real winner in that trade
I admire how the Nets have gone about their business. I can imagine it getting irritating if he continues to flex his muscles and not give a rip about financials. But I like the aggressiveness. They kind of made me a mini-fan when they released their new jerseys and moved to Brooklyn. They got serious swag.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I blame this guy for Dwight leaving LA. hahaha.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2 year, 24M offer out to Bynum from CLE....
Old 07-10-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2 year, 24M offer out to Bynum from CLE....
I think that's about as good as Bynum is going to get from anyone this year. Missing the entire year last year was not a good way to enter free agency, especially after the Oden debacle.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I blame this guy for Dwight leaving LA. hahaha.
God, I hate Simers.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Jack move for the Cavs, cause he isnt just a PG. Waiters showed some promise, but if he isnt playing well, Jack/Kyrie is a nice duo to have out there, especially in late game spots. Plus the obvious and previously stated Kyrie injury issues and the fact that he's, at the very least, a top tier bench guard. Good move for a team trying to make the leap into a solid playoff team.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why the Pistons didn't go after Jarrett Jack once Calderon signed in Dallas. We still don't have a friggin PG.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I don't know why the Pistons didn't go after Jarrett Jack once Calderon signed in Dallas. We still don't have a friggin PG.
You can have Isaiah Thomas if you take 2 of the following

Chuck Hayes
John Salmons
Marcus Thornton

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Wanna trade for Jameer Nelson? A pair of old socks or Brody's dirty underwear will do.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-10-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:00 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love to have Hayes back in Houston, he was awesome for us. Total ghost on the offensive end, but hes a really good defender and great hustle guy.

Id also take Thornton. I think he's been the victim of what the Kings organization has been in recent years. I think he can still turn into a good player if you guys turn it around though, which is starting to look like is finally happening.

Wouldn't touch Salmons though. Yuck.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Id love to have Hayes back in Houston, he was awesome for us. Total ghost on the offensive end, but hes a really good defender and great hustle guy.

Id also take Thornton. I think he's been the victim of what the Kings organization has been in recent years. I think he can still turn into a good player if you guys turn it around though, which is starting to look like is finally happening.

Wouldn't touch Salmons though. Yuck.
I think Thornton needs a change in scenery. He would be great in a place that wants him as a scorer off the bench to come in and create a bunch of offense in a short spurt. Houston would make sense for him. And Hayes can be good too. He's a good guy for sure, but he just doesn't fit the need the Kings have right now. They don't have the luxury of creating a niche for him that suits his best role.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
to be honest I'd rather see him play with Wiggins or Parker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
God, I hate Simers.
He really is a total jackass.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wanna trade for Jameer Nelson? A pair of old socks or Brody's dirty underwear will do.
**** it, I'll take him. I'm tired of Knight/Bynum/Stuckey rotating at PG, anything is an improvement.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote