Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the celtics get the first pick, could they theoretically trade pierce and some other players (probably to memphis) for the second as well?

that way they can get durant and oden?

sounds like a newbie question, but is it possible or probable?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
if the celtics get the first pick, could they theoretically trade pierce and some other players (probably to memphis) for the second as well?

that way they can get durant and oden?

sounds like a newbie question, but is it possible or probable?
Pierce is the franchise and he has hung in there well, they shouldn't trade him nor will they

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Why don't you try typing in english? It'll help a bunch with your credibility, which it seems you are lacking by the little red negative square beneath your username.

The Knicks are not a good team. I don't know what the hell is going on and how they're winning games, but to say that they're better than Toronto is a joke. I've never seen such a sorry bunch of ego's and laziness thrown together on a team in a long time.
the olny reason i have a red box is cus i think it was ward gave me it because i some how "dissed" southern ppl
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pierce is expendable with Gerald Green in place and they have tried hard in the past to move him almost moving him dirt cheap last year so it's possible but it would take a whole lot, why would Memphis take Paul Pierce instead of Durant. Boston would be forced to trade Pierce as well as some of their budding stars, I'm sure Memphis would want one of Al Jefferson, and maybe Rajon Rondo, or Delonte West. The Celts should keep their future in tact and be happy if they get the #1 or 2 pick to add Oden or Durant. Now if the lottery doesn't work their way and they get the 4th or 5th pick Pierce could then be used to acquire the first pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Gerald Green alot like Kevin Durant????

Old 03-19-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
firstly jose calderon is better than any injured player on the knicks, plus our starting SG and glue guy wasnt even close to 100%, there is no way the knicks are close to as good as the raps
What is with you canadians and your homerish man love for Calderon. Quality Backup PG? Yes. Better than David Lee or Jamal Crawford? NO!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
What is with you canadians and your homerish man love for Calderon. Quality Backup PG? Yes. Better than David Lee or Jamal Crawford? NO!!!
That along with this Luke Walton garbage is really lowering the value of this thread...
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
That along with this Luke Walton garbage is really lowering the value of this thread...
Woah buddy if you say that jamal crawford isnt better than jose calderon you gotta be kidding me, and david lee, your just a straight up knick hater or you just dont know much about ball
Old 03-19-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future View Post
Woah buddy if you say that jamal crawford isnt better than jose calderon you gotta be kidding me, and david lee, your just a straight up knick hater or you just dont know much about ball
no im implying the outrageous homerism in this thread makes me want to kill babies
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I was merely stating that Luke Walton is one of the better passing SF's in the game...I, in no way, said Luke Walton is a Jason Kidd...I don't know if you saw the lakers, 5 and 7 game losing streaks over the course of Walton's injury...he's more than just a role player...they need him to stay afloat...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luke Walton is a poor mans Shane Battier right now.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I was merely stating that Luke Walton is one of the better passing SF's in the game...I, in no way, said Luke Walton is a Jason Kidd...I don't know if you saw the lakers, 5 and 7 game losing streaks over the course of Walton's injury...he's more than just a role player...they need him to stay afloat...
I agree, Walton is more than a role player for the Lakers...but Odom is a lot more important to our success than Luke. The offense runs through both of them, but Odom always is a mismatch, can play better D and brings in scoring.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I think anyone who acutally knows basketball would prefer garbo, parker and calderon to crawford, lee and q rich. maybe not individually but if you are playing the game of basketball, which is a team sport, u would rather have the raptor trio
lol you gotta be kidding me
Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could be wrong here but I think Durant has a much better post game and is a much better rebounder than Green. Green is kind of a high flying SF with a nice three pointer, if he completely reached his potential he'd be more along the lines of (not saying he'll be nearly as good and I'm sure somebody here could come up with a better comparison) a Kobe Bryant or T-Mac, whereas Durant is a much more versatile offensive weapon who can score in more ways and is closer to a post player than Green.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I could be wrong here but I think Durant has a much better post game and is a much better rebounder than Green. Green is kind of a high flying SF with a nice three pointer, if he completely reached his potential he'd be more along the lines of (not saying he'll be nearly as good and I'm sure somebody here could come up with a better comparison) a Kobe Bryant or T-Mac, whereas Durant is a much more versatile offensive weapon who can score in more ways and is closer to a post player than Green.
But in the pro game will Durant be physical enough to battle inside? He doesn't have a man's body.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Pierce is expendable with Gerald Green in place and they have tried hard in the past to move him almost moving him dirt cheap last year so it's possible but it would take a whole lot, why would Memphis take Paul Pierce instead of Durant. Boston would be forced to trade Pierce as well as some of their budding stars, I'm sure Memphis would want one of Al Jefferson, and maybe Rajon Rondo, or Delonte West. The Celts should keep their future in tact and be happy if they get the #1 or 2 pick to add Oden or Durant. Now if the lottery doesn't work their way and they get the 4th or 5th pick Pierce could then be used to acquire the first pick.
If the C's get Oden or Durant they could actually be in pretty nice shape for the future (after Pierce). With Durant they could go a smallish lineup:

Jefferson
Durant
Gomes
Green
Rondo

Where they could have Gomes or West coming off the bench, along with Leon Powe and Perkins as two bigs coming off of the bench. Gomes could also probably play some bigger 4's while Durant is in the game and take a bit more of a pounding before he gained some weight. Otherwise West could be starting and Green could play the 3. I'm not sure how exactly the lineup would work but I'd guess 5 of those 6 guys would be starting. With Oden it would be the same thing except Oden would be playing the 5 and Jefferson would be at the 4. I could be off on some things here but I think that's pretty close to what they'd end up doing. Jefferson is really going to be quite the player, I think just under Howard and Bosh as bigs in the East some time down the road.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
But in the pro game will Durant be physical enough to battle inside? He doesn't have a man's body.
Definitely not physical enough to battle inside, but Durant seems like he's more of a 4/3 tweener and Green is more of a 3/2 tweener. At least Durant has some post game and could grab a decent amount of rebounds per game is what I was saying, where Green is definitely more of a slasher/jump shooter. Durant is definitely more versatile offensively, and if I'm not mistaken he's got a good 20 or so pounds on Green and a couple inches. They're definitely different players IMO and could coexist in a starting lineup.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Isn't Gerald Green alot like Kevin Durant????
HEEEEEEEELLLL NO! Durant can shoot and has a smooth complete game. Green is more explosive but he has no range at all. All Green is is a dunker.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Definitely not physical enough to battle inside, but Durant seems like he's more of a 4/3 tweener and Green is more of a 3/2 tweener. At least Durant has some post game and could grab a decent amount of rebounds per game is what I was saying, where Green is definitely more of a slasher/jump shooter. Durant is definitely more versatile offensively, and if I'm not mistaken he's got a good 20 or so pounds on Green and a couple inches. They're definitely different players IMO and could coexist in a starting lineup.
That would be lethal!

Old 03-19-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
HEEEEEEEELLLL NO! Durant can shoot and has a smooth complete game. Green is more explosive but he has no range at all. All Green is is a dunker.
Are you kidding me?? Green can definitely hit threes, sometimes he's cold but that happens to everyone, he DEFINITELY has range on his jump shot.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing Green's outside game to Durant is like Comparing LeBron James to Ray Allen from outside.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Just for the record Green has the 24th highest three point percentage in the league among those who qualify at 40%. He's between Mike Miller and Rashard Lewis.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Just for the record Green has the 24th highest three point percentage in the league among those who qualify at 40%. He's between Mike Miller and Rashard Lewis.
That's some good company! :)

Old 03-19-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i was SOOOOO MAD when the raps picked Joey Graham instead of Gerald Green case he's gonna be the next T-MAC. I wanted to cry.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i'm surprised to see nick young at #9 in nbadraft.net's new mock.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote