Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I can't wait until we play the Bulls this year. I DARE Rose to come into the paint. DARE HIM. Get that other ACL torn.
Sits out next 2 years recovering mentally....

I couldn't help myself.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't wait until we play the Bulls this year. I DARE Rose to come into the paint. DARE HIM. Get that other ACL torn.
To face what defense that he hasn't already lit up?

There are going to be so many hilarious shots in every Knicks game it's going to be amazing. I hope you guys get Jennings somehow to ensure chucking status at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Sits out next 2 years recovering mentally....

I couldn't help myself.
In my quote to bbd, I started to write "to face what defense he hasn't already shredded" but thought better than to set myself up like that.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I am able to justify moving on from Jennings because I don't think this team is going anywhere while we have a point guard who fails to be a facilitator.
You know I've had issues with Jameer over the years for being a poor facilitator... but I've come to realize, that's not the part of the game that bothers me most about him. It was more his inability to play defense that had been killing me. As a scorer, I could never fault Jameer. He was clutch afterall. It was the opposite end of the floor that was unforgiving.

When I look around, I don't really see teams being successful with pass first PGs. Grevous Vazquez lead the league last year in AST. Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd... traditional "pass first" prototypes... haven't done much at all. On the other hand... Tony Parker, Russell Westrbrook, Derrick Rose, Steph Curry ... and teams rebuilding around the likes of John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Damien Lillard... these guys are not pass first guys.

There aren't a lot of contenders who have PGs that are mostly facilitators. I'd say the one exception has been Rajon Rondo. Mabye Deron Williams (he has a nice balance of scoring and passing).

So I know you were kinda bummed about Jeff Teague, but is he really an upgrade over Jennings? I just don't see it that clearly. At least not by comparing stats.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings shoots a worse percentage, on more shots, while dishing out less assists.

His only advantage is hair.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much swag as the Knicks players think they have, they really play soft. MWP helps a lot now, but Knicks teams have always been soft. That's why getting Bargs wasn't really a shocker to see. I really like getting Artest. Especially at the price tag.

Bulls on the other hand... even when their best players are out, they play scrappy hard nosed basketball. I don't think Rose has anything to fear about the Knicks.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Jennings shoots a worse percentage, on more shots, while dishing out less assists.

His only advantage is hair.
Both have the same ORat - 106. An estimate of points produced (players) or scored (teams) per 100 possessions. DRat is also very close.

And a 7.2 vs 6.5 APG difference is not mind blowing.

I admit the mirage is there. The critique on Jennings is mostly unjustified, imo.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I admit the mirage is there. The critique on Jennings is mostly unjustified, imo.
Jennings has the ability to be very good, and he shows the plus side from time to time but he is inconsistent to say the least and is a frustrating player to watch.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Jennings has the ability to be very good, and he shows the plus side from time to time but he is inconsistent to say the least and is a frustrating player to watch.
Inconsistency is the worst. I agree.

I think he would be better on a team that had their stars in place or a coach with a backbone. I think Chicago would be a good spot for him. He'd learn a lot from playing in that system with those kind of guys around him.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is this a playoff team?

PG: Jennings
SG: Knight/KCP
SF: J Smoove
PF: Monroe
C: Drummond
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

im not sure but i can't think of a worse possible group to surround monroe+drummond with
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can...

They'd be pretty talented... I wouldn't expect them to contend. But they might be better than my Wizards for the 8 seed.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A high low combo of Al Jefferson and Cody Zeller is going to be very good.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
At?

dddddddddddddd
Old 07-15-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can see a 6-8 seed from this team.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'll say this.... Signing Al Jefferson made the drafting of Zeller a lot more sensible. Can't bash them for passing on Noel now. It looks like they actually had a vision and it went according to plan. Their future still hinges on MKG though. If he busts, it's gonna continue to be rough for them. Cause now they are too good to be bad and too bad to be great.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I say yes easily. But Monroe and Drummond have to do more than what they have done so far.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
im not sure but i can't think of a worse possible group to surround monroe+drummond with
If only they could add Monta Ellis off the bench and that would be my dream off-season for the Pistons.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

******* JR Smith out 12-16 weeks after knee surgery.

Ugh. Last year is looking like the perfect season. And a missed opportunity postseason.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'll say this.... Signing Al Jefferson made the drafting of Zeller a lot more sensible. Can't bash them for passing on Noel now. It looks like they actually had a vision and it went according to plan. Their future still hinges on MKG though. If he busts, it's gonna continue to be rough for them. Cause now they are too good to be bad and too bad to be great.
Agree on Gilchrist, who actually has looked pretty good. I don't see them winning a ton of games, certainly not enough to make the playoffs.

I think one misconception is that if you don't win the Wiggins sweepstakes you're going to be the big loser but 2014 appears a lot deeper than that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
******* JR Smith out 12-16 weeks after knee surgery.

Ugh. Last year is looking like the perfect season. And a missed opportunity postseason.
What? They never had a chance in the playoffs. They got lucky and ran into a fried Celtics team that looked like they were tanking to play Miami in Round 1, but Milwaukee was too bad.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Jennings would be a much better player on a better team where he doesn't feel like he absolutely has to be the man on offense. If Sac could manage to get him without giving up Thornton, I think that'd be a good situation.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Agree on Gilchrist, who actually has looked pretty good. I don't see them winning a ton of games, certainly not enough to make the playoffs.

I think one misconception is that if you don't win the Wiggins sweepstakes you're going to be the big loser but 2014 appears a lot deeper than that.
I don't think people think that. Many think this is one of the best drafts since Lebron's. However, there will be a drop off. No one knows where that is yet, but there are some stud names out there. I think anyone with a Top 10 pick should safely find a potential difference maker.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The Knicks never should've relied on JR Smith in the first place. They were just forced to.

The person that makes or breaks the Knicks is Amare Stoudemire. If he's turns up lame again this year, then they will have a similar end result.

A healthy Stat is what the Knicks need. Puts Melo back at the 3 where he belongs.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What? They never had a chance in the playoffs. They got lucky and ran into a fried Celtics team that looked like they were tanking to play Miami in Round 1, but Milwaukee was too bad.
Come on.

The team won 54 freaking games in the regular season. They lost to Indy in 6 - the same team that took Miami 7. They should have gotten to the Heat but everyone played like ****, especially Kidd and stupid JR during the Pacers series.

They had a chance to get to Miami.