Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dope Dr. O'Neal get the hell off TNT and is replaced by C-Webb. That would be a huge win.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Did he seriously call him Dr. O'Neal with a straight face?
He has a doctorate in 'Humor Studies' or something.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did he seriously call him Dr. O'Neal with a straight face?
Haha! I wondered that too. But then I saw this.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/08/...al-earns-ph-d/

Is that an indictment on our university system? Or is that an indictment on our judgment of Shaq by his massive front cover?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Details on the Shaq doctorate: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...rch-conference
Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny though, boogie was interviewed a while back mentioning how shaq had told him he wanted to work with him personally.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Funny though, boogie was interviewed a while back mentioning how shaq had told him he wanted to work with him personally.
Shaq can definitely teach him a thing or two about working hard in the offseason.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pau Gasol is the definition of a *****.

Dirk merely adopted the *****, Pau was born in it.
Pau Gasol is not a ***** at all, he can take a ton of punishment and delve it out. Hell, he basically dragged the Spain team to a competitive gold medal game against the US by himself.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think BBD watched the Mavericks championship run if he's calling dirk a *****.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just the old and lazy argument of every white foreign player being soft.

It's easier to make broad generalizations than to actually know what you're talking about.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got bored with bbd's trolling for a little bit, but now I'm enjoying it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? It's so bad now, everything is painfully forced, it was funnier when he kept getting people to actually take him serious. Now he's like Seth McFarlane, sucking every last drop of blood out of what got him attention, no matter how awful it is.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantasy basketball advice!

Pick one: Joe Johnson, Dion Waiters, Manu Ginobili, Jamal Crawford, JJ Redick
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Johnson for me

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Joe Johnson for me
Yup. I hate literally all of those guys, but I guess it is Joe Johnson. Even if he is a terrible dog owner.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously. It's just basically just who makes the gag the least.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Breakout for waiters?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No Breakout for waiters?
I despise him, so I say no. I feel like he is going to shoot a horrific percentage, breakout or not.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Your disdain is logical but I have a slightly more optimistic outlook.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Won't Joe Johnson's numbers go down surrounded by all that talent? Not enough balls to go around, imo.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Won't Joe Johnson's numbers go down surrounded by all that talent? Not enough balls to go around, imo.
Hopefully, you'd see him become more efficient.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok seriously though, how is Kevin Durant not a clown?

He's soft. He has a beta personality, he refuses to take over games, he's a finesse player who relies too heavily on jump shots, yet he gets so much love and keeps getting a pass by fans just bc we like him as a person.

Who gives a ****. If he was LeBron or Melo or Kobe he'd get killed for his short comings. But bc he's a nice guy he gets a pass.

It's ********.

I feel like he's been manufactured and marketed by the media and Nike as LeBron's rival when it's not true at all. He doesn't deserve that kind of recognition.

He's a clown.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul George and Demarcus Cousins both close to signing extensions.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok seriously though, how is Kevin Durant not a clown?

He's soft. He has a beta personality, he refuses to take over games, he's a finesse player who relies too heavily on jump shots, yet he gets so much love and keeps getting a pass by fans just bc we like him as a person.

Who gives a ****. If he was LeBron or Melo or Kobe he'd get killed for his short comings. But bc he's a nice guy he gets a pass.

It's ********.

I feel like he's been manufactured and marketed by the media and Nike as LeBron's rival when it's not true at all. He doesn't deserve that kind of recognition.

He's a clown.
He's a prolific scorer. Like historically prolific.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He's a prolific scorer. Like historically prolific.
That's not good enough anymore. If you want to be the 2nd best player in the league you have to bring more to the table than that.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It's just the old and lazy argument of every white foreign player being soft.

It's easier to make broad generalizations than to actually know what you're talking about.
That's not true at all. I think Marc Gasol is a tough player.

I like Peko a lot. Sabonis was one of my favorite foreign players of all time. While he's a finesse player I love Rubio.

Dirk is not a physical big. He's soft.

And I'm not even gonna address Brody about Pau Gasol. Bc that's comical. Pau is the definition of a *****.