Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes me miss evil Nixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Monta is going to prove all you guys wrong

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey so guys, I started a basketball blog, you should all check it out and get me famous: http://downlowpresence.wordpress.com...5/salutations/
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna need shirtless pics included.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm gonna need shirtless pics included.
Once I get popularity, you will.

Although you won't like my first post, it goes against metrics
Quote:
Old 10-06-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus christ, are the Lakers really planning on starting Wesley Johnson this year? Or is that just a preseason thing?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Jesus christ, are the Lakers really planning on starting Wesley Johnson this year? Or is that just a preseason thing?
Unfortunately they are discussing the possibility of him starting at the 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, that is probably the worst idea I've ever heard. He got manhandled by bigger 3's.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Unfortunately they are discussing the possibility of him starting at the 4.
You know, if you're gonna tank, just go all out (not that I'm in favor of tanking but your roster consists of Steve Nash after this season). That roster isn't touching the playoffs with the West as is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers should've tried to tank even harder than they did. They are being out-done by Philadelphia (whose taken it to extremes unprecedented) and Phoenix.

They should be trying to get a top pick, Kobe a year off and enough cap space to try and lure LeBron.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

They shouldn't retain Kobe after the year. He'll cost too much and be 36 years old. Tanking generally doesn't work (the Rockets didn't tank), so I'm not really saying they should do that. They certainly should have been wiser with their signings this offseason though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? Tanking almost always works. It's been a proud NBA tradition for decades. What generally doesn't work is if you end up like the Bucks and win 41 games every year. You never get that superstar needed to be great.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Houston/LA Clippers/Grizzlies- didn't tank (still early, but still)
Miami- didn't tank (and when they did, they got Michael ******* Beasley)
early naught Pistons- didn't tank
Lakers- didn't tank
Mavs- didn't tank
Spurs-tanked for Tim Duncan......okay, this is the only place you have me
Bulls- didn't tank
Sonics/Thunder- sort of tanked

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'm not even sure the Spurs tanked for Duncan, unless they got all of their players to fake injuries which I doubt.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm not even sure the Spurs tanked for Duncan, unless they got all of their players to fake injuries which I doubt.
Tanking only has worked when you know you have a slam dunk, blue chip Superstar out there, hence why it happened in 1985 (Jordan, Hakeem), 1996 (Duncan), 2003 (LeBron), 2007 (Oden, Durant). The teams that used the approach were sure glad they did (except for Boston in '96). Even Boston used the method to secure the pick needed to trade for Ray Allen/Kevin Garnett.

This year's class is reportedly one of those great classes.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

But those 80s teams didn't tank, they had bad rosters with no outlet of improving them. It's just how it worked. And again, a lot of these teams didn't deliberately tank, they just had a lack of talent. Deliberately tanking does not get you anywhere.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
They shouldn't retain Kobe after the year. He'll cost too much and be 36 years old.
Speaking of letting a hall of fame player walk, even if the fans will riot.. what about Dwyane Wade? If he has another shaky season, I don't think that I would. His knees are worrisome and he doesn't have the shooting ability that have allowed similar peers like Kobe and Manu age gracefully. Once his athleticism is diminished he becomes a liablity.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
But those 80s teams didn't tank, they had bad rosters with no outlet of improving them. It's just how it worked. And again, a lot of these teams didn't deliberately tank, they just had a lack of talent. Deliberately tanking does not get you anywhere.
Well Philadelphia should be an interesting experiment to see if it works. They could have Noel, Wiggins, and cap space next year.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because the problem with the Association has primarily been with teams just not fielding a competitive squad ON PURPOSE, the NBA draft should be a true lottery. Every spot open. Every team with equal odds to land any given pick.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
the NBA draft should be a true lottery. Every spot open. Every team with equal odds to land any given pick.
Conspiracy theorists across the world are masturbating to this very idea.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tanking doesn't work. Brody wins this round.

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/04/02/ba...to-mediocrity/
Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Okay Ma-Ti, we get it, a devastating storm is going to wreck your team and you'll finish 9th.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so much more handsome than Ma-Ti. At least give me Conan The Adventurer.