Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
At least my fatbodied friend Carmelo Anthony is clean. We know his fat ass aint roiding.
"Todo es posible."

-Bartolo Colon

Last edited by badgerbacker : 10-11-2013 at 06:44 PM.
badgerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, every single player on that team is an injury risk due to age or being a gigantic, bumbling, muppet-person.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other good news, the Magic are playing tonight!!!

Hope Oladipo can continue with the progress. 9 assists to 2 turnovers last game. Unrealadipo!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody, how does old=bad?

plus, we're deep as hell. Our bench is so awesome, I love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kobe being a rapist and MJ being a sociopath are baseless claims?
i was talking about the lebron steroid talk.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Brody, how does old=bad?

You have no chance.

Your battling with NY for the #4 seed.

Smarten up Scotty.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brody, how does old=bad?

You have four solid bench players, it's just that your team is so damn old. It doesn't mean bad, but KG isn't really very good anymore and Joe Johnson basically ******* blows. Paul Pierce is still good but he's really beat up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
You have no chance.

Your battling with NY for the #4 seed.

Smarten up Scotty.
The Knicks are not a top 5 team in the East, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yes. They are stop being a dumbass.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be so weird watching the Nets play with Pierce and KG.

And ugh that court.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Yes. They are stop being a dumbass.
You cannot call me a dumbass when you structure a sentence like this. It's embarrassing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't hate the court like everyone else does.

KG's fine. His leadership and defense are what we need the most. If he hits his elbow jumpers, we're fine. It's Brook's team, simple as that. Johnson and Pierce are complimentary players and spot up shooters. It's Brook and D-Will. Nets were what, a 5 seed last year starting Evans and Wallace. People need to realize that and how much we've upgraded.

On the bench we've got AK 47, Evans, Blatche and Jet and I'm super pumped. Even Alan Anderson. And my boy Mirza.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not fool yourself and get pumped about Alan Anderson.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Do not fool yourself and get pumped about Alan Anderson.
As our 10th or 11th man? yeah, I'm okay with it.
Quote:
Old 10-12-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Andre owning Bropez...not watching but still.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-12-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't hate the court like everyone else does.

KG's fine. His leadership and defense are what we need the most. If he hits his elbow jumpers, we're fine. It's Brook's team, simple as that. Johnson and Pierce are complimentary players and spot up shooters. It's Brook and D-Will. Nets were what, a 5 seed last year starting Evans and Wallace. People need to realize that and how much we've upgraded.

On the bench we've got AK 47, Evans, Blatche and Jet and I'm super pumped. Even Alan Anderson. And my boy Mirza.
I have some problems with the bold.

I can't imagine Brook Lopez leading a team to the Finals. He's a good player, but he's not THAT type of player. This needs to be Deron's team for them to make a deep run. And I'm not even confident in that. Which lead's to my next point.

Pierce is not a complimentary spot-up shooter and never has been. He won't be this year. He'll either:

1) Be the top dog on offense like he has for the majority of his career.
2) Get injured.
3) Struggle in a role he's not comfortable with because DWill and Lopez (and to some extent JJ) need the ball. Or struggle because he's old and declining (it's going to happen at some point and his FG% has dropped the past two years).
4) Some combination of 2 and 3 (what I think will happen).

And Jason Terry sucks at this point.

I don't buy the Nets. Every single one of their big-name players has at least one question mark - durability, age, declining skill.

Yes, if they all stay healthy, it is a remarkably impressive collection of NBA
talent. And they'll have 82 games to mesh and perhaps become a good team. But I think the Bulls (if Rose) and Heat are miles better and would not be surprised to see the Nets be a huge disappointment, a la last year's Lakers (comparing post-trade, preseason buzz, not specifics in each situation).

I do love the AK47 pick-up though.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You have four solid bench players, it's just that your team is so damn old. It doesn't mean bad, but KG isn't really very good anymore and Joe Johnson basically ******* blows. Paul Pierce is still good but he's really beat up.

Here's the thing.

The Knicks win total is 49.5 in Vegas.

You believe that even at full strength, the Knicks will win about 40 games. So let's say you're off by 5 or 6 games and they win 45 or 46. OR let's say a key guy or two get injured. Based on what you're saying there's pretty much no scenario in which they get close to that number.

So why not take the gift money? Vegas is way off, Knick fans are way off, the media or whatever it is you think that makes that number too high - take advantage of it!

I'm seriously suggesting you do this if you really feel the Knicks are going to be so bad. There's really no reason not to.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Carmelo puts his whole mouth on the water fountain spout.
No wonder he is my least favorite basketball player in the association. If Goodell were in charge of the NBA, this guy would be suspended for an entire season.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks suck.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're younger, faster, stronger, deeper and better than last year.

And we were the 2 seed last year.

Watch out.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yeah but the nets bulls and pacers all got better soooo
Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nets didn't get better by grabbing 2 washed up veterans that are too old/fat to guard anyone.

Brandon Jacobs came back to the starting lineup before Derrick Rose did. Plus Thibs will run his team to the ground before the playoffs start.

Pacers still don't have a PG.

Soooooooo

#AStormIsComing
Old 10-14-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Nets didn't get better by grabbing 2 washed up veterans that are too old/fat to guard anyone.

Brandon Jacobs came back to the starting lineup before Derrick Rose did. Plus Thibs will run his team to the ground before the playoffs start.

Pacers still don't have a PG.

Soooooooo

#AStormIsComing
-George Hill is better than Felton...by a lot...and at everything
-You acquired the worst player in the game. I'd take an above average (Pierce) and average (KG) old bastards set over those two. They also acquired a well above average sixth man (AK-47).
-The Pacers didn't really get better (depends on which Granger shows up), but they're better than the Knicks still

And you know you're not deeper. Tim Hardaway is absolutely atrocious, Bargs blows, and you have like 2 bench players.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
-George Hill is better than Felton...by a lot...and at everything
-You acquired the worst player in the game. I'd take an above average (Pierce) and average (KG) old bastards set over those two. They also acquired a well above average sixth man (AK-47).
-The Pacers didn't really get better (depends on which Granger shows up), but they're better than the Knicks still

And you know you're not deeper. Tim Hardaway is absolutely atrocious, Bargs blows, and you have like 2 bench players.
1. No he's not. George Hill is not a PG. He turns it over a lot more than Felton too.

2. Bargs is better than Amare's suit sitting on the bench. So he's an upgrade. Plus he's been playing well so far.

3. No they're not. Granger is going to screw up their chemistry on offense.

4. Tim Hardaway just hit the game winning shot in our last PS game. So eat it. Plus Shump, Martin, Bargs (if we go Melo at the 4) plus Artest makes a very solid group of players off the bench.

So yeah. We're good. If Shump takes the next step on offense this year we're going to be very good. We'll be a sick defense this year, if we can just get some offense out of Shumpert watch out.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. No he's not. George Hill is not a PG. He turns it over a lot more than Felton too.
Felton: career low 2.1 TO/game in 2009-10 & 2010-11.

Hill: career high 1.5 TO/game in 2012-13.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Felton: career low 2.1 TO/game in 2009-10 & 2010-11.

Hill: career high 1.5 TO/game in 2012-13.
That's crap. The Pacers have terrible ball movement and I've seen him turn it over a good amount in the playoffs.

He's not a PG breh. He's a mediocre SG with excellent defense masquerading as a PG.