Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
There have been champions that build great depth with mid-level players.

'04 Pistons.

They made a bunch of complicated moves to get there, but it shows that it's possible.

But yes, this kind of cases are very rare. You need players that can take over a game.
Billups and Ben Wallace were both stars, so that's wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No they weren't.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mag.newsweek.com/2013/10/18/b...y-sportvu.html

Cool?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum's pretty close to playing full contact, 5-5. I guess every other game, for 15-20 minutes a night for the first half of the season is how the staff wants to bring him along.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Bynum's pretty close to playing full contact, 5-5. I guess every other game, for 15-20 minutes a night for the first half of the season is how the staff wants to bring him along.
20mpg would be huge for you guys.

I'm hoping Oden can give the Heat 10-15mpg by the end of the year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No they weren't.
Talk to me when Melo makes a conference final without Billups, who has made it to SEVEN of them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Billups and Ben Wallace were both stars, so that's wrong.

They weren't in the traditional, media-driven, ball dominant sense though. I think that's what he meant.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They weren't in the traditional, media-driven, ball dominant sense though. I think that's what he meant.
Nah....BBD definitely thinks both are overrated.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Its really cool, I work in business intelligence, specifically big data migration and if used correctly this can definitely bring to light a lot of cool stuff. Unfortunately it will also bring idiots that point to metrics they don't understand.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SportVu is old news, sirs.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Nah....BBD definitely thinks both are overrated.

I was talking about MaxV.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Damix can't keep up, he's one of the people Snowden worked with in the government so he has to be confined.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

But it hasn't been very widely used yet, no?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
But it hasn't been very widely used yet, no?
1/2 of the teams in the league have had it for multiple years. It is very widely used.

For example: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...cal-revolution

AND

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...st/_/id/55110/
Old 10-18-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

That would make sense, if the Raptors hadn't extended DeRozan, drafted Ross and traded for Rudy ***. Of course, Ujiri is here to fix this.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That would make sense, if the Raptors hadn't extended DeRozan, drafted Ross and traded for Rudy ***. Of course, Ujiri is here to fix this.
When GMs and coaches refuse to listen, it doesn't matter how well you are analyzing ****.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The ghost player stuff is scary complex. I can't even fathom having to write that code.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billups and Wallace were all-stars, but neither could take over the game and just not let their team lose.

You can't compare this duo to some of the other all-time greats that have won titles.

As a matter of fact if you look at the list of NBA champions, there were really only 3 teams in the last 34 years that have won it without at least truly one of an all-time great players on their roster.

'79 Sonics
'04 Pistons
'11 Mavs

3 Teams in 34 years.

I think that speaks volumes.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Billups and Wallace were all-stars, but neither could take over the game and just not let their team lose.

You can't compare this duo to some of the other all-time greats that have won titles.

As a matter of fact if you look at the list of NBA champions, there were really only 3 teams in the last 34 years that have won it without at least truly one of an all-time great players on their roster.

'79 Sonics
'04 Pistons
'11 Mavs

3 Teams in 34 years.

Nowitzki is an all time great.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Nowitzki is an all time great.
This. Also, my location is ready for the new season.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, Dirk is definitely a top 25 all time player.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

'79 Sonics
'04 Pistons
'11 Mavs

3 Teams in 34 years.

Billups as a Piston was better than Isiah Thomas, so there goes that theory. Also, Jack Sikma was damn near a star.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean Isiah Thomas of the Sacramento Kings right?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I do not mean that, no.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok then again you need to stop being a dumbass. Chauncey Billups is not better then Isiah Thomas.