Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go sign Melo to the super max.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Billups as a Piston was better than Isiah Thomas, so there goes that theory. Also, Jack Sikma was damn near a star.
First of all your statement just backs up "that theory." So I'm a bit confused by what statement you are trying to make. That you can't win without star players? Ok, and what was I saying?

Second of all...

What?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's pretty close. Isiah is one of those guys whose game doesnt match up to the reputation he's gotten over the years. Very good player, but not a great one. Billups is almost the opposite. Everyone thinks hes good, but I dont think he ever got the credit he deserved. Chauncey in his Pistons years was just as good as Isiah at his peak imo.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do not mean that, no.

Then according to wikipedia you must mean the Revolutionary era author/publisher named Isiah Thomas, because you surely cannot mean the Pistons point guard.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the notion that Isiah was a superstar. Again, a good player, but his best years weren't even close to elite status, even in the 80's-super-offensive-stat-friendly era.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah and people are forgetting how very good Chauncey was. Dude was really really good and all around too. Scored, passed and didn't turn the ball over too much (IIRC on his TO's).

He had good scorers around him in 'sheed and Rip, but he was THE guy on that team
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many people know s'little about NBA basketball.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm mostly just giving Brody a hard time. Chauncey was really, really good. He just played a style of basketball that was pretty boring to the average fan which probably made him underrated.

Better than Isiah? Ehhhh I don't know. I'm too young to have a definitive opinion on it.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit-- nevermind

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
First of all your statement just backs up "that theory." So I'm a bit confused by what statement you are trying to make. That you can't win without star players? Ok, and what was I saying?

Second of all...

What?
That you would assume Isiah was the star of those Pistons teams, and thus not including him on that list.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

************* act like they forgot about D-Rose.

54 points in his last 53 minutes. 32 on 15 shots tonight. With Hibbert playing 30 minutes.

I really hope he shuts everyone up this year.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am targeting Mr. Rose and Mr. Love in fantasy.

I'm also toying around with just getting LeBron and Durant and going from there.

Last edited by Rob S : 10-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's so so so so so good. and is going to be so so so so good. Bulls gon' be the 2 seed. Nets 3. Fun things.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

also, Favors with a big 4 year 49 million dollar extension. My body is so ready for him to take over and be the man this year
Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'd much rather have him for that money than Boogie for the max.

*ducks from NIP and Metsox*
Old 10-18-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dude. Favors >>> Boogie.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Cousins for the max is just soul crushing, I'd gladly take Favors over that. Shame Burke had to get hurt and ruin my Utah to the playoffs prediction, though.

Also, the Nets are the number 3 seed.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Cousins for the max is just soul crushing, I'd gladly take Favors over that. Shame Burke had to get hurt and ruin my Utah to the playoffs prediction, though.
That was an abysmal prediction. You're lucky injuries keep bailing you out of your terrible prognostications.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That was an abysmal prediction. You're lucky injuries keep bailing you out of your terrible prognostications.
A healthy Gallo means the Nugs make it to the finals! YOU ALL UNDERESTIMATE THE TRUTH!

The Jazz are way more talented than you think, and I think if they can somehow pull it off, would be the best situation for Wiggins to fall into.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I will say that I'm curious to see if Cousins improves in an offense not run by Keith Smart. The roster is still constructed like an eleven year old playing 2k13 though. Getting Greivis was a start I suppose.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Jazz are really talented and I'd love to have that team if I was a GM not under pressure to win now.

They were never making playoffs in the loaded WC though and will likely be pretty damn terrible...
Old 10-18-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Im absolutely buying into Favors. I think he's going to be fantastic over that contract, easily outplaying guys like Ibaka who have similar deals.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Im absolutely buying into Favors. I think he's going to be fantastic over that contract, easily outplaying guys like Ibaka who have similar deals.
He may grade out similarly to Ibaka. He'll have to make a big leap on offense though. Favors should easily be the better all around defender though as long as he keeps his fouls in check with increased minutes.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm curious to see who wins worst player on a contending team contest between Mullens and Perkins.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'm curious to see who wins worst player on a contending team contest between Mullens and Perkins.
If Chris Paul doesn't kill him, BJ will win this by dracula-ing an absurd amount of shot attempts from relevant players.