Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
i'm surprised to see nick young at #9 in nbadraft.net's new mock.
That's a BIG TIME suprise!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Spencer Hawes just screams bust to me along with Hasheem Thabeet
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chucky, if you knew ANYTHING about basketball, you'd know that a lineup of mainly white guys will get smoked ANY DAY of the week!

I guess Knick fans don't watch International basketball or have noticed how poorly the US Basketball team has done in recently tournaments. I guess Spain just has a bunch of lucky 3-pt shooters with long hair.

Raps play their worst game of the year, and all of a sudden the Knicks are Division Champs. I guess a 5.5 game lead means nothing after one loss. I've got my banner on order. See ya next year Knickerbalkers.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
What is with you canadians and your homerish man love for Calderon. Quality Backup PG? Yes. Better than David Lee or Jamal Crawford? NO!!!
Please note that I never said he was better than these two players. Though he is, like CCB said, a quality backup.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA Forum Mock Sign up:http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4385

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

EDIT:wrong thread

the knicks have no international players

Last edited by jets future : 03-20-2007 at 03:51 PM.
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Big Baby" Glen Davis declares for the upcoming draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2805642

stephenson86
Old 03-20-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
"Big Baby" Glen Davis declares for the upcoming draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2805642
i saw like 30 minutes ago on the Score Ticker, hopefully he falls to the reaps in round 2

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
i saw like 30 minutes ago on the Score Ticker, hopefully he falls to the reaps in round 2
The raps don't need to add a player like him. They already have Bosh and Bargnani. I'm looking for them to draft a G or SF.

stephenson86
Old 03-20-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
Spencer Hawes just screams bust to me along with Hasheem Thabeet
I really don't think Hawes should come out this year, but with some added bulk, I think he could be a very solid pick. His offensive game is far beyond any college Big currently.

If he comes out, I'm really hoping for Brandan Wright to the Bobcats. That'd make my day, and make up for Morrison over Roy. For the Sonics, I'd love Green, and I'd be fine with Law. Just no Thabeet, Noah, or even that Jianlian.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
i was SOOOOO MAD when the raps picked Joey Graham instead of Gerald Green case he's gonna be the next T-MAC. I wanted to cry.
That's almost as bad as the Magic drafting Fran Vazquez! LMAO!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's almost as bad as the Magic drafting Fran Vazquez! LMAO!!!!
Let's not forget Rafael Araujo

stephenson86
Old 03-20-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Let's not forget Rafael Araujo
Nikoloz Tskivitishli
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody tell me more than what I can read at nbadraft.net about Thaddeus Young.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Somebody tell me more than what I can read at nbadraft.net about Thaddeus Young.
Watch highlights on YouTube

Old 03-20-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Watch highlights on YouTube
Already have. I want to know more than how good he is at dunking.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was anyone else extremely impressed by Chris Daniels from A&M CC in the WI game?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Slam had him as the diary keeper and had at least 5 articles on him. He is the real deal from what i saw of him in HS but i felt he wasnt on that level at the college. Vanishing from games for long stretches.

What happened to Derrick Caracter. He was #1 in his class over Oden and Durant going into their junior years. Now he made a little impact at the Ville, getting NO spotlight.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42 View Post
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.
DLS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woo suns clinch the west

did you know that the suns are 23-0 if they out rebound a team...thats an amazing stat, now just play some damn d

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Beautiful Mind

Warriors lost tonite but I rather us get the 8th seed then the 6th or 7th. Everyone knows we have the Mavericks on a leash so that would be a lock to get into the 2nd round.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very raw needs work on controlling his game and consistently hitting his jumper, basically right now comparing him to Josh Smith coming out of high school he is slightly better offensively but doesn't have the rebounding and defense like Josh.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Raps vs. Magic tonight, should be a good game they tend to play eachother tight. Whenever the Raps play a big man like Dwight Howard it scares me because of the inability for the Raps to get on the boards. They have played pretty well against Howard this year though. I have a feeling he will have a breakout game against them tonight.

stephenson86
Old 03-21-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

First Mock Draft of the NBA Season
3 Picks every day.

1) Memphis Grizzlies: Greg Oden
Team Analysis:The Memphis Grizzlies are a team that had high hopes coming into the season but have really fallen off largely in part of Pau Gasol being sidelined for the majority of the year, than having his name thrown around in trade rumors. Oden would add strength to the frontline whether or not Gasol is back next year, Durant is not an option here as Grizzlies first rounder Rudy GA is a very similar player and would be lost behind Durant, but after watching the Hawks draft Marvin Williams #2 overall a year after drafting Josh Smith the same position, I would never be surprised if they made a move like this. Player Analysis:Since the beginning of the year everyone knew that Oden was the #1 pick in the draft, and while Kevin Durant had a 100x times better Freshman season as Durant was spectacular Oden is still cemented in as the #1 pick overall, but depending on who ends up with the #1 pick that could easily change. Oden is a player who is physically intimidating and a real force on the glass and blocking shots. Offensively he needs lots of work. From his free throw shooting to his low post moves you shouldn't expect him to make a huge impact his rookie year in the scoring column other than Putback dunks and the occasional low post hook shot. It is well documented that he struggles with stronger players ala Derrick Character but with some work with an NBA training staff he could develop into a more than solid offensive player but he will never dominate inside like many think he will, he will carve out plenty of minutes his rookie year just based on the fact that he can rebound and play as a force on defense.
Rookie Year Projections:9.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.3 bpg.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SjyJaXhT0EU

2) Boston Celtics:Kevin Durant
Team Analysis:Celtics oh Celtics, how they have been so terrible this year at times looking like they belonged in the ABA. I'm sure the Celtics would absolutely love to get Greg Oden as Center is their biggest need but at this point in the draft with such great young talent already on the Celts Durant is just too great of a prospect to pass on and Danny Ainge has already obviously shown he has a great interest in Durant. Durant would most likely earn a starting spot at SF on this team which would now relegate Gerald Green as a backup behind Pierce, but if anyone were to be traded it would be Pierce, I do however expect the Celtics to do all they can in order to trade up to get Greg Oden. To get Greg Oden they would have to trade their first rounder a top 5 pick in addition to one of their young talents in Rajon Rondo, Al Jefferson, or Gerald Green to acquire the #1 overall pick although the Celts would be foolish to part with Jefferson in a deal to get Oden.
Player Analysis:Kevin Durant was sensational his freshman season in college most likely earning him player of the year honors. Durant is silky smooth with unbelievable range. He is what I wanted Rudy G Ay to look like while at UCONN, asserting himself on offense. The #1 thing that should be understood is that Durant is a SF, he is not the next Kevin Garnett, he will not gain 30 pounds, and he will not be a force down low, his height however shouldn't be disregarded just because he is a SF. Because of his height he will have a distinct advantage in the NBA shooting over smaller forwards. Durant has a great handle on the ball and can drive to the hoop as well as pull up on the mid range jumper. Defensively he was an excellent rebounder on the college level and should be one of the top rebounding forwards at his position. There are little flaws in Durant's game and no doubt he will make several All-star appearances, but he will always be a great player but don't expect him to ever dominate. I would like him to develop a more killer instinct scoring in the NBA as at times he seems to be a little hesitant or reserved, but we all saw what he could do when he decided to take over a game. Durant is younger than everyone in his class and will be only 18 years old I believe come draft time so that is another thing that adds to his hype, no Amobi Okoye but still youngest player in his draft class being a year younger.
Rookie year Projections:17.8 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.5 apg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_usicZKAps

3) Charlotte Bobcats:Brandan Wright
Team Analysis:Brandan Wright is obviously a questionable choice with Sean May and Emeka Okafor already there but for such a young developing team that isn't expected to contend for the NBA title any time soon Wright is too great of a talent to pass up on. The Bobcats 2 most glaring needs are SG as Gerald Wallace is likely to test the free agent waters and demand a lofty contract, and C where Primoz Brezec has fallen out of favor from last year but it looks like neither position will be addressed in the draft because of the lack of a true star at these positions. Emeka Okafor is dominant when healthy but I fell as Sean May is better suited for a backup role in terms of the future as he is solid but lacks explosion. While still very raw a potential frontline of Okafor and Wright with May coming off the bench looks awfully good.
Player Analysis:Wright is an immensely talented player, but is also immensely raw. The first thing you will notice about him other than his enormous ears is his enormous wingspan. Being blessed with such a long wingspan allows him to be a force blocking shots and helps him grab higher rebounds. He runs the floor extremely well for his height and has nice touch around the basket. He unlike Durant is a guy who actually needs to gain 15-30 pounds of muscle on his frail stature, that in itself could be the biggest factor in determining his success in the NBA. At this point his body will not allow him to do what he wants to offensively so don't expect an immediate impact from Wright, he is a project and a hit or miss kind of prospect.
Rookie Year Projections:5.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 bpg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMB8KvQReUU

Picks 4,5, and 6 from Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Phoenix Tomorrow.
Expanded Schedule:
Fri, 4/23:Seattle, Portland, Minnesota
Sat, 4/24:New Orleans, Sacramento, LA Clippers
Mon, 4/26:Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta
Tue, 4/27:New Jersey, Golden State, Philadelphia
Wed, 4/28:LA Lakers, Charlotte, Miami
Thur, 4/29:Washington, New York, Phoenix
Fri, 4/30:Houston, Detroit, Utah

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 03-23-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I like that the Grizzles take Oden instead of Durant b/c they already have Rudy. Good job Ghetto!

Old 03-21-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ghetto, PLEASE don't give the 76ers Spencer Hawes. If you do, I might have to jump off a bridge...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote