Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather build around a guy like LeBron or Wade, and have a PG like George Hill who never turns the ball over and can shoot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George Hill is an awful distributor though. I love his defense, but the man isn't a good PG from a purist sense.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Built a starting 5 with players drafted in the 20s (or later).

Go!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He still never ever turns the ball over, and is perfect next to a guy like LeBron or even Steph Curry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly when was the last time a team built around a star point guard actually won a championship?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Honestly when was the last time a team built around a star point guard actually won a championship?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

1. Ty Lawson
3. Jimmy Butler
4. Kenneth Faried

I'm drawing a blank for the 5 and 2 spot. I want to say Iman at 2, and Asik at 5 which would make an incredible defensive team but they'd suck something awful on offense with no floor spacing.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Parker
Jimmy Butler
Nicolas Batum
Kenneth Faired
Marc Gasol

The total lack of SG talent post-20 is astonishing. So I cheated and put Buckets as the 2.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Built a starting 5 with players drafted in the 20s (or later).

Go!
PG: Tony Parker
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Nic Batum
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Marc Gasol
Old 11-15-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Wasn't Marc a top 10 pick? I could have swore he was.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You noobs picking Faried over Ibaka.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Wasn't Marc a top 10 pick? I could have swore he was.
2nd round, dude. I wasn't going to do a team, but then I saw that you had some glaring omissions.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
PG: Tony Parker
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Nic Batum
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Marc Gasol
Gah. Forgot about that one
Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You noobs picking Faried over Ibaka.
Honestly I'm not a big fan of Ibaka. He's incredibly overrated. I like Faried's ferocity. Neither are great on the ball defenders, but I think Faried is the superior rebounder, I like his hustle more.

Ibaka developed a nice jumper but something is just missing with him.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So what do all of these late round steals have in common? Is there a singular trait that we can correlate to them for their reasons for falling in the draft?
Old 11-15-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

They are foreign or upperclassman.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really wish the Knicks could blow up the team and start young and fresh. But we don't have a draft pick for another 5 million years.

I want to see some youth out there.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I really wish the Knicks could blow up the team and start young and fresh. But we don't have a draft pick for another 5 million years.

I want to see some youth out there.
Trade Melo for some youth and draft picks. Boom.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Trade Melo for some youth and draft picks. Boom.
Only way I trade Melo is if it's for a top 3 pick this year.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Only way I trade Melo is if it's for a top 3 pick this year.
That will never happen.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Exactly. Which is why we have to keep Melo.

You need a star player to be a competitor. We need to surround Melo with young long athletes who can defend, and 1 other guy who can score.

Melo isn't the problem.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Melo will be the problem in 3 years when he is making $30 million.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Garnett is 37 and still playing. Melo can play 3 more years easily. His basketball skills translate well with age. He was never an explosive athletic freak to begin with. His game is based on a refined skillset.

That doesn't go away with age.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Garnett is 37 and still playing. Melo can play 3 more years easily. His basketball skills translate well with age. He was never an explosive athletic freak to begin with. His game is based on a refined skillset.

That doesn't go away with age.
Signing Melo to a 5 year super max will unquestionably be disastrous.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Worry about that when he's 36. He's worth another 4 years. The 5th year will suck sure, but for 4 years of Melo I'll sacrifice 1 bad year.

It's not like we have any draft picks coming soon anytime anyway. You have to keep Melo to be competitive until our draft picks come back.