Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All true. But Anthony Davis being there in his 2nd year is incredible.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats with IND free throw shooting!?
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beno Udrih is a one man wrecking crew.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
All true. But Anthony Davis being there in his 2nd year is incredible.
Oh absolutely, I was just searching for other people who have done it over an entire season. Those are the only ones ive found so far, making it even more impressive since Hakeem and Ben Wallace are probably the two best defensive big men of the modern era.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Beno Udrih is a one man wrecking crew.
And the Kings traded Udrih to TRADE DOWN and take on Salmons' awful (longer) contract and take Jimmer Fredette.

So many fails. So many fails.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks are not good at this crunch time offense thing. Give the ball to the Beno.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Garnett was really high in all those categories in his prime. I would bet he makes those lists multiple years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
In 03-04, Ben Wallace was 2nd in total rebounding (12.4 per), 8th in total steals (1.8 per), and 2nd in total blocks (3.0 per)

Also, Hakeem repeated his feat a year later in 1990, finishing 1st in total rebounding (14.0 per), 7th in total steals (2.1 per), and 1st in total blocks (a ridiculous 4.6 per). This time he only averaged 24.3 ppg though.
Garnett and Hakeem were the two guys that came to mind as being possibilities, didn't think about Ben but can clearly see him being in there too. Needless to say Davis has a long ways to go this season, but that appears to be very lofty company he could be joining.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Goddanmit George Hill
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What was the reason for this post? I panicked as soon as I read it and I've been looking at hoopshype, twitter and nothing is coming up.. Is it the Derrick Williams thing? Read it's mostly for scraps like Salmons or Chuck Hayes. Reading about possibly moving Thompson for Shumpert. That would be nice, we need defense.
No reason in particular. I wasn't trying to call out Kings fans or anything. I think the recent Kings trade talks inspired me to look at their salaries in upcoming years. I think it was primarily that like half the roster are PFs, many of whom are getting paid decent money, almost none of which can even play C. I think I was aware of this, but it just reminded...and confused me.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, Shump is totes getting traded now.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shumpart is a tard lol

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some impressive statlines from this season so far.

A.Afflalo: 21.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 4.8 apg, 49% fg
E.Turner: 22.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.6 apg, 48% fg
S.Hawes 15.2 ppg 10.2 rpg 3.2 apg, 49% fg
A.Drummond 12.3 ppg, 12.0 rpg, 1.8 spg, 1.5 bpg, 67% fg
D.Favors 13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.4 spg, 1.8 bpg, 48% fg
A.Davis 20.9 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 2.1 spg, 3.7 bpg, 48% fg
D.Cousins 21.8 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.9 spg, 1.5 bpg, 48%
I.Thomas 17.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.7 apg, 46% fg
E.Bledsoe 20.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 6.8 apg, 1.8 spg, 50% fg

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you forgot king monta's statline, but it's okay you'll see enough of him tonight :D

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shumpert ruining everything

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit Pistons. I need the Hawks to lose.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

At least Melo is not going to sign with us. That's a good thing. He can go ruin the Lakers.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

King Udrih is failing us :(
Old 11-20-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

**** you, K Mart.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some impressive statlines from this season so far.

A.Afflalo: 21.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 4.8 apg, 49% fg
E.Turner: 22.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.6 apg, 48% fg
S.Hawes 15.2 ppg 10.2 rpg 3.2 apg, 49% fg
A.Drummond 12.3 ppg, 12.0 rpg, 1.8 spg, 1.5 bpg, 67% fg
D.Favors 13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.4 spg, 1.8 bpg, 48% fg
A.Davis 20.9 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 2.1 spg, 3.7 bpg, 48% fg
D.Cousins 21.8 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.9 spg, 1.5 bpg, 48%
I.Thomas 17.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.7 apg, 46% fg
E.Bledsoe 20.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 6.8 apg, 1.8 spg, 50% fg
It's worth noting Drummonds fg% is 4x higher than his ft%.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's only like 2-12 though or something. Teams are going to start hacking him I'd assume.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't hurt George ******* Knicks.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Pek is a boss.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh absolutely, I was just searching for other people who have done it over an entire season. Those are the only ones ive found so far, making it even more impressive since Hakeem and Ben Wallace are probably the two best defensive big men of the modern era.
Shaq was a better defensive big man than Ben Wallace. He could score unlike Ben and wasn't tiny, but he was still a better defender, as where Zo, Ewing and maybe Duncan or Robinson? Ben Wallace was a great defender, but there were better defenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Shaq was a better defensive big man than Ben Wallace. He could score unlike Ben and wasn't tiny, but he was still a better defender, as where Zo, Ewing and maybe Duncan or Robinson? Ben Wallace was a great defender, but there were better defenders.
This is incorrect. Ben is historically great.