Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IT is a boss...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He's only like 2-12 though or something. Teams are going to start hacking him I'd assume.
Ya it's just funny to look at. You rarely see .176 next to someone's name.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Shaq was a better defensive big man than Ben Wallace. He could score unlike Ben and wasn't tiny, but he was still a better defender, as where Zo, Ewing and maybe Duncan or Robinson? Ben Wallace was a great defender, but there were better defenders.
No, just no.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This is incorrect. Ben is historically great.
He was one of the great defenders of his era, but I still think Shaq, Zo and Ewing where better defenders. Coming in 5 behind those 3 and Hakeem is no shame. Ben gets a little over-rated because of how phenomenally useless he was offensively, and Shaq gets under-rated on D because of how devastating his offensive game was and how he never managed to get not-awful at FTs. Zo-Ben isn't really a question for me either. I'll give that Patrick and Ben is a toss up in my eyes, but Patrick was such a freak defensively before age and knees made him more of a scoring center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 11-20-2013 at 09:13 PM.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You insane, Rosebud.

Also, CP3 is such an underrated closer.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sully is beasting tonight.

In a losing effort, but well...most of them are.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald Green has played pretty damn well for the Suns this year.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Brewer jacking threes is always excellent.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was one of the great defenders of his era, but I still think Shaq, Zo and Ewing where better defenders. Coming in 5 behind those 3 and Hakeem is no shame. Ben gets a little over-rated because of how phenomenally useless he was offensively, and Shaq gets under-rated on D because of how devastating his offensive game was and how he never managed to get not-awful at FTs. Zo-Ben isn't really a question for me either. I'll give that Patrick and Ben is a toss up in my eyes, but Patrick was such a freak defensively before age and knees made him more of a scoring center.
Shaw was a good defender in his prime. Ben was a top 3 defender of the last 20 years, with Hakeem and Dikembe (who you didn't mention for some reason).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

CP3 has been single-handedly eviscerating the Wolves for the final 5 minutes of this game. What a closeout.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hakeem, Wallace, Dikembe, Ewing, Duncan, Garnett, Howard, Walton, Zo, Hayes, etc are all above Shaq by a substantial margin. Shaq wasnt an elite defender.

He COULD have been, but he barely gave a **** on D because he was so focused on being insanely dominant on offense. He was still good, but not remotely close to what he could have been. Zo and Ewing were both phenomenal defenders (Ewing has somehow become insanely underrated as a defensive presence, he was fantastic), but Ben and Hakeem are easily the best defensive bigs since the merger.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larkin gives me a half chub, this team gets deeper the healthier this bench gets. Once Harris get's better it'll be interesting to see how Carlise mixes up the lineups with all the gaurds we have

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Gerald Green is raining fire.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shaq was a better defensive big man than Ben Wallace. He could score unlike Ben and wasn't tiny, but he was still a better defender, as where Zo, Ewing and maybe Duncan or Robinson? Ben Wallace was a great defender, but there were better defenders.
What the ****
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Gerald Green is raining fire.
It's crazy how insanely good he is when he's on... And also how rare it is that he's on. I gather that he's a bit of a mental midget. I wonder how much different his career would have been if he'd been drafted to a team with a coach that was capable of dealing with young players.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Shaw was a good defender in his prime. Ben was a top 3 defender of the last 20 years, with Hakeem and Dikembe (who you didn't mention for some reason).
I knew I was forgetting someone, totally spaced on Mutombo.

Hakeem

Dikembe
Shaq
Zo
Ben/Patrick

that's my top 5 defensive Cs of my lifetime, cause Shaq wasn't just good, he was an ogre who dominated the glass. He could push his C away from the hoop in man when he cared to, in an era where C's still posted each other up, and was once possibly the most dynamic help defender I've ever seen.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
No reason in particular. I wasn't trying to call out Kings fans or anything. I think the recent Kings trade talks inspired me to look at their salaries in upcoming years. I think it was primarily that like half the roster are PFs, many of whom are getting paid decent money, almost none of which can even play C. I think I was aware of this, but it just reminded...and confused me.
I didn't take it that way at all, I just freaked out for a second thinking we did something stupid on the trade market (again).

Also, Gerald Green is the best bad team good stats guy in the NBA right now.

PS. I wish we played the Suns 82 times a year.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Hakeem, Wallace, Dikembe, Ewing, Duncan, Garnett, Howard, Walton, Zo, Hayes, etc are all above Shaq by a substantial margin. Shaq wasnt an elite defender.

He COULD have been, but he barely gave a **** on D because he was so focused on being insanely dominant on offense. He was still good, but not remotely close to what he could have been. Zo and Ewing were both phenomenal defenders (Ewing has somehow become insanely underrated as a defensive presence, he was fantastic), but Ben and Hakeem are easily the best defensive bigs since the merger.
Shaq could've been more dominant on D, but he was still an outstanding man defender when he was up against a team with a C to challenge him, an unstoppable force on the glass, in his earlier years a dynamic help defender, and when he was in the game on D he was just terrifying.

As for Patrick I didn't wanna be too homerific with that ferocious manimal, but he was absolutely freakish before his knees started to explode. That's part of why people forget about how dominant he was on D, he was Dwight, but in the 80s, and then he developed that offensive game.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#ClearSkies
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Anthony Davis and Boogie pretty much have the same numbers.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I didn't take it that way at all, I just freaked out for a second thinking we did something stupid on the trade market (again).

Also, Gerald Green is the best bad team good stats guy in the NBA right now.

PS. I wish we played the Suns 82 times a year.
and I wish we sat Bledsoe 82 times a year

#WigginsPHX

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...%93&player_ids[]=1287&player_ids[]=289&season=2013#shooting
Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooooooo MCW can't shoot and Larkin is better than him after all. Phew, we really dodged a bullet there.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Sully is beasting tonight.

In a losing effort, but well...most of them are.
I'm more surprised that he finally got the start over Randon Ass. The bench was garbage. I'd like to see Phil Pressey start with Bradley at the 2.