Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Ghetto, PLEASE don't give the 76ers Spencer Hawes. If you do, I might have to jump off a bridge...
I wouldn't worry too much b/c he's certainly not worth the 5th pick in the draft.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much b/c he's certainly not worth the 5th pick in the draft.
Please tell Billy King that right now! I'm not sure who I want for the Sixers. A true PG would be awesome, as would a solid rebounder and defender like Jeff Green (who could end up being the SOD and a ROY contender). I'm very nervous. This #5 pick is a turning point for the franchise. A top 5 lottery pick and 2 other picks to rebuild this team. Huge moment.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please tell Billy King that right now! I'm not sure who I want for the Sixers. A true PG would be awesome, as would a solid rebounder and defender like Jeff Green (who could end up being the SOD and a ROY contender). I'm very nervous. This #5 pick is a turning point for the franchise. A top 5 lottery pick and 2 other picks to rebuild this team. Huge moment.
To ease your mind it's not Spencer Hawes or Noah.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Noah, actually. Others call me a psycho for that, but I think Noah is going to be a really good energy starter and clutch performer in the NBA. He will be a very good performer.

I'm guessing this narrows it down to Wright, Wright, and Horford...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
First Mock Draft of the NBA Season
3 Picks every day.

1) Memphis Grizzlies: Greg Oden
Team Analysis:The Memphis Grizzlies are a team that had high hopes coming into the season but have really fallen off largely in part of Pau Gasol being sidelined for the majority of the year, than having his name thrown around in trade rumors. Oden would add strength to the frontline whether or not Gasol is back next year, Durant is not an option here as Grizzlies first rounder Rudy GA is a very similar player and would be lost behind Durant, but after watching the Hawks draft Marvin Williams #2 overall a year after drafting Josh Smith the same position, I would never be surprised if they made a move like this. Player Analysis:Since the beginning of the year everyone knew that Oden was the #1 pick in the draft, and while Kevin Durant had a 100x times better Freshman season as Durant was spectacular Oden is still cemented in as the #1 pick overall, but depending on who ends up with the #1 pick that could easily change. Oden is a player who is physically intimidating and a real force on the glass and blocking shots. Offensively he needs lots of work. From his free throw shooting to his low post moves you shouldn't expect him to make a huge impact his rookie year in the scoring column other than Putback dunks and the occasional low post hook shot. It is well documented that he struggles with stronger players ala Derrick Character but with some work with an NBA training staff he could develop into a more than solid offensive player but he will never dominate inside like many think he will, he will carve out plenty of minutes his rookie year just based on the fact that he can rebound and play as a force on defense.
Rookie Year Projections:9.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.3 bpg.

2) Boston Celtics:Kevin Durant
Team Analysis:Celtics oh Celtics, how they have been so terrible this year at times looking like they belonged in the ABA. I'm sure the Celtics would absolutely love to get Greg Oden as Center is their biggest need but at this point in the draft with such great young talent already on the Celts Durant is just too great of a prospect to pass on and Danny Ainge has already obviously shown he has a great interest in Durant. Durant would most likely earn a starting spot at SF on this team which would now relegate Gerald Green as a backup behind Pierce, but if anyone were to be traded it would be Pierce, I do however expect the Celtics to do all they can in order to trade up to get Greg Oden. To get Greg Oden they would have to trade their first rounder a top 5 pick in addition to one of their young talents in Rajon Rondo, Al Jefferson, or Gerald Green to acquire the #1 overall pick although the Celts would be foolish to part with Jefferson in a deal to get Oden.
Player Analysis:Kevin Durant was sensational his freshman season in college most likely earning him player of the year honors. Durant is silky smooth with unbelievable range. He is what I wanted Rudy G Ay to look like while at UCONN, asserting himself on offense. The #1 thing that should be understood is that Durant is a SF, he is not the next Kevin Garnett, he will not gain 30 pounds, and he will not be a force down low, his height however shouldn't be disregarded just because he is a SF. Because of his height he will have a distinct advantage in the NBA shooting over smaller forwards. Durant has a great handle on the ball and can drive to the hoop as well as pull up on the mid range jumper. Defensively he was an excellent rebounder on the college level and should be one of the top rebounding forwards at his position. There are little flaws in Durant's game and no doubt he will make several All-star appearances, but he will always be a great player but don't expect him to ever dominate. I would like him to develop a more killer instinct scoring in the NBA as at times he seems to be a little hesitant or reserved, but we all saw what he could do when he decided to take over a game. Durant is younger than everyone in his class and will be only 18 years old I believe come draft time so that is another thing that adds to his hype, no Amobi Okoye but still youngest player in his draft class being a year younger.
Rookie year Projections:17.8 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.5 apg.

3) Charlotte Bobcats:Brandan Wright
Team Analysis:Brandan Wright is obviously a questionable choice with Sean May and Emeka Okafor already there but for such a young developing team that isn't expected to contend for the NBA title any time soon Wright is too great of a talent to pass up on. The Bobcats 2 most glaring needs are SG as Gerald Wallace is likely to test the free agent waters and demand a lofty contract, and C where Primoz Brezec has fallen out of favor from last year but it looks like neither position will be addressed in the draft because of the lack of a true star at these positions. Emeka Okafor is dominant when healthy but I fell as Sean May is better suited for a backup role in terms of the future as he is solid but lacks explosion. While still very raw a potential frontline of Okafor and Wright with May coming off the bench looks awfully good.
Player Analysis:Wright is an immensely talented player, but is also immensely raw. The first thing you will notice about him other than his enormous ears is his enormous wingspan. Being blessed with such a long wingspan allows him to be a force blocking shots and helps him grab higher rebounds. He runs the floor extremely well for his height and has nice touch around the basket. He unlike Durant is a guy who actually needs to gain 15-30 pounds of muscle on his frail stature, that in itself could be the biggest factor in determining his success in the NBA. At this point his body will not allow him to do what he wants to offensively so don't expect an immediate impact from Wright, he is a project and a hit or miss kind of prospect.
Rookie Year Projections:5.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 bpg.

Picks 4,5, and 6 from Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Phoenix Tomorrow.
Expanded Schedule:
Fri, 4/23:Seattle, Portland, Minnesota
Sat, 4/24:New Orleans, Sacramento, LA Clippers
Mon, 4/26:Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta
Tue, 4/27:New Jersey, Golden State, Philadelphia
Wed, 4/28:LA Lakers, Charlotte, Miami
Thur, 4/29:Washington, New York, Phoenix
Fri, 4/30:Houston, Detroit, Utah
Brandan Wright is already taken.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Duh, I'm an idiot. I like Julian a lot anyway. Brendan is obviously a little more in line with what the Sixers need, but what are they gonna do? Cry?

Julian Wright or Horford...

Old 03-21-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Duh, I'm an idiot. I like Julian a lot anyway. Brendan is obviously a little more in line with what the Sixers need, but what are they gonna do? Cry?

Julian Wright or Horford...
For your sake I hope Julian Wright but I would like him in MIL too

Old 03-21-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

NBA Draft Net has the Sixers taking Julian, Horford to Milwalkee.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Noah, actually. Others call me a psycho for that, but I think Noah is going to be a really good energy starter and clutch performer in the NBA. He will be a very good performer.

I'm guessing this narrows it down to Wright, Wright, and Horford...
I agree with you about Noah to an extent, depending on what exactly you mean. I think he can put up decent numbers and be a solid starter on a team, but more of a role player. IMO he will need players around him and in no way can he turn around a franchise. If he's put in a situation similar to the one in college I do think he could be a very solid NBA player, but if any team with a low talent level picks him and expects him to produce I think they're asking too much. I also think he should not by any means be stuck in the starting lineup right away, but rather get 15-20 minutes as an energy guy off the bench and see what he does from there.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think my affinity for Noah comes from my affinity for GW basketball. Karl Hobbs likes to play an up-tempo style with forwards who can run and jump. Noah would be the best possible fit into this system. Obviously, his talent was too great to attend GW, but I still love his game and his hustle.

Worst news for me: NBA Draft Net has the Sixers taking Josh McRoberts at #18 (one of their 3 first rounders). That guy is a stiff...

Old 03-21-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the T-Wolves end up with a top 10 pick.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I hope the T-Wolves end up with a top 10 pick.
yeah i doo to
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bargnani had his appendix removed today, not sure when he will be back
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
he is a reely good shooter
Old 03-21-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
2-4 Weeks!! Ugh...

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb View Post
2-4 Weeks!! Ugh...
Raptors are going to make the playoffs so atleast he had it now and not later

Old 03-21-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let's hope they break the "slump" tonight. Don't want to make the Division a Race down the stretch.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dont worry. howard is the only one who can handle bosh. Nelson cant handle Ford though and Orlando has nobody else

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
dont worry. howard is the only one who can handle bosh. Nelson cant handle Ford though and Orlando has nobody else
actually when David lee was healthy he stopmed on dwight
had like 16 rebounds 15 points with not as much minutes howard had
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future View Post
actually when David lee was healthy he stopmed on dwight
had like 16 rebounds 15 points with not as much minutes howard had
yea, bosh will prolly stomp on howard but howard is still CAPABLE of locking him down

but he hasnt as Bosh has 16pts and 12 rebs with 9 mins left in qtr.3

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Last edited by Big Mike : 03-21-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bosh has 25 and 14 at the end of the third. WOW
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bogut and Vilanueva out for the season. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=20929

Welcome to Milwaukee Mr. Durant
Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://sports.ktar.com/emedia/15539.mp3

^This was on the local sports radio station in Phoenix. Pretty funny stuff.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Default Josh McRoberts Entering Draft

After being highly recruited and playing two years at Duke Josh mcRoberts has declared himself eligible for June's NBA Draft. This is according to ESPN.com

Old 03-22-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knew this was going to happen.