Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dragic is so good. Such a shame the Suns took Alex Len.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see Rudy Cool still blows.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Dragic is so good. Such a shame the Suns took Alex Len.
as opposed to who? we went with upside

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand. How can LeBron keep getting better every year?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
as opposed to who? we went with upside
1. Len sucks
2. Nerlens plays the same position and was clearly better
3. If upside was your goal, Mac should've been the pick
Old 12-21-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't understand. How can LeBron keep getting better every year?
Because he is the GOAT.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kings have such a good player in Cousins and they still have high odd to get a top 3 pick this year. I want Parker so badly!

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's look at this years stats for All Star game. Nowitski or Cousins? Who you got?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Let's look at this years stats for All Star game. Nowitski or Cousins? Who you got?
Cousins, I think. When he's been on the court, he's been better stats wise. For an ASG, that's what I tend to look at. However, if I'm building a team for this year I probably take Dirk due to spacing, less fouls, less TO.

Those statements seem contradictory, but Dirk allows you to be a lot more creative with how you play.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bropez's career is going down a frighteningly Yao-like path. Really skilled big man who you can build a team around, but that can't stay on the court.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it seems contradictory as those guys play two different types of games, especially at this stage in Dirk's career. Nowitzki will always help with floor spacing due to his range and overall shooting ability, but Cousins is no slouch either. He's been amazing lately at passing out of the post and his assist numbers have seen a spike this year. Anyway, Dirk is still and will always be a boss.

And Rudy Cool has actually played really well for the Kings so far. The defense is still atrocious though, hopefully Mac and our new rookie will offer some improvement next year on the perimeter.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Bropez's career is going down a frighteningly Yao-like path. Really skilled big man who you can build a team around, but that can't stay on the court.
Always a bad sign when they're foot injuries. Sucks for him and the nets, probably having his best year of his career.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Stupid Bropez....now I have to find some blocks on the waiver wire.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he is the GOAT.
Well, yeah, but god damn. His numbers are just ABSURD. To keep improving on them is insane.

He needs to win the DPOY this year too.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Cousins, I think. When he's been on the court, he's been better stats wise. For an ASG, that's what I tend to look at. However, if I'm building a team for this year I probably take Dirk due to spacing, less fouls, less TO.

Those statements seem contradictory, but Dirk allows you to be a lot more creative with how you play.
Yes they certainly play differently in the team dynamic on the floor.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Hibbert wins DPOY.

LeBron is at 60/40 for FG%/3PT%. Ever been done?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

He needs to win the DPOY this year too.
No chance. Hibbert has it locked barring injury.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

He will, and rightfully so more than likely, but LeBron's diversity and range of what he can do on defense is downright insane.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, Lebron is incredible, but I want him shooting more. 15 FGA per is not enough for me. I get that he is unselfish and that the Heat's system lends itself to that style of play, but still.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul George deserves DPOY more than Hibbert. Hibbert can be beaten up if someone gets physical enough with him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron's last 5 seasons including this one (10-14):

27.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 7.3 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.8 BPG, .531 FG, .358 3P, .764 FT, 1.47 Points Per Shot, 30.1 PER, .615 TS%, .290 WS/48, 2 Titles (chance for 3 this year), 2 Finals MVPs (chance for 3 this year), 3 MVPs (chance for 4 this year), and a remarkably good versatile defender.

Jordan's prime (89-93):

32.0 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 6.3 APG, 2.7 SPG, 0.8 BPG, .523 FG, .334 3P, .844 FT, 1.36 Points Per Shot, 30.3 PER, .593 TS%, .288 WS/48, 3 Titles, 3 Finals MVPs, 2 MVPs, and a phenomenal lockdown defender on the wing.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I quit. I'm done. I can't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Also, Lebron is incredible, but I want him shooting more. 15 FGA per is not enough for me. I get that he is unselfish and that the Heat's system lends itself to that style of play, but still.
I disagree. I think if he can score at such a high rate, make his teammates better, and give himself a bit of a break by not having to put up 30 every night he should do it. We all know he is a dominant scorer whenever he needs to be. He can relax a bit and let others score and save himself for when it is needed.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I disagree. I think if he can score at such a high rate, make his teammates better, and give himself a bit of a break by not having to put up 30 every night he should do it. We all know he is a dominant scorer whenever he needs to be. He can relax a bit and let others score and save himself for when it is needed.
It is more me being selfish than anything. Obviously if he can give himself the break, it's smart. That said, we are looking at a guy that could almost certainly put up the best regular season of all time if he went for it. Makes sense that he's not, but as a basketball fan, I want to see it.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like he could average 40 a game if he reallty wanted. While it's a selfish desire to want to see it, I can't help but think it's plausible.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote