Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kobe's defense is so goddamn overrated that it doesn't matter. Dirk isn't THAT bad on D, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

swurrvvv
I have always loved Dirk, so don't take it as me trying to cut him short. He's just never played D, so it's hard for me to justify him really being the best in the game for a stretch of years.

And yes, there WAS a time when Kobe played defense at an elite level. It has been overrated for some time now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
KG and Duncan you might be able to make a case for, but Dirk never having played defense in his life negates him from that convo.
But if you can make a case for Duncan, KG and Bron from '05 on (if you're dismissing Dirk) how can you say he was the clear cut best player? Doesn't that defeat your argument that Kobe was the clear cut best player?

The argument for Kobe is amount of years he was a premier player in the league rather than arguing that he was the premier player in the league.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
But if you can make a case for Duncan, KG and Bron from '05 on (if you're dismissing Dirk) how can you say he was the clear cut best player? Doesn't that defeat your argument that Kobe was the clear cut best player?

The argument for Kobe is amount of years he was a premier player in the league rather than arguing that he was the premier player in the league.
I said you might be able to make an argument for them. I still take Kobe as the best in the game for that stretch. Duncan is easier to make a case for because he was winning rings, and showcasing himself on a bigger stage during those years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Here's something i was thinking about and wanted some opinions from those that know in here. Of all the bottom feeders in the league (Utah, Boston, Philly etc.) which one is most likely to become really good with a high draft pick come next spring?
MCW+Free Agent + Wiggins + Free Agent + Nerlens plus a top ten pick. Team will have close to 40 million to pay free agents. And if we trade Hawes + Turner + Young and get another pick or two.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Agreed, very disappointing because it seems (seemed?) there is a lot of potential in that group.

I think Philly could have something between Noel/MCW/high pick. Would be an awesome spot for Wiggins IMO. They wouldn't be very good immediately but long-term it would be very fun, and they would probably add another lottery pick in 2015 before hitting their stride.
I think thats Hinkies plan. The real way to rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Do you count the Pelicans? If so, them. Definitely them. Anthony Davis + Another potential superstar = Profit. Lakers too, solely because they will always be a huge draw for FA and getting a cheap superstar in would more or less guarantee success, at least within a few years.

Of the other teams, I guess I'd say Boston. They have a bonafide stud in Rondo and an awesome young coach in Stevens. Really good is a stretch, but Rondo + another young star is a really good core and they will have money to play with over the next 2 offseasons.
Pelicans wont have their pick. Unless the balls bounce their way, their 1st will be to the 76ers.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Kobe was the best perimeter player in the game during that stretch, it's just a shame that he was in the golden era of PFs of the NBA. Duncan is probably the best at his position all time when it's all said and done. Garnett has a case as well. He is overshadowed the same way KD is by Lebron now, except Kobe won five titles (Lebron is probably a SF only on paper).
Old 01-18-2014, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Paul and Wade both have arguments for being as good if not better during that span.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade hit his regular season stride until 08-09. He played 51 games each of the season before that, which happened to be the high point of Kobe's career.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade was better in 04-05 and 05-06, the years where they won the title and were 1 game/a minor Wade injury from the title. He didn't miss really any games those year. And during those injured years, LeBron had basically already become the best perimeter player in the league, with Paul right there as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:12 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we trade Jennings for Wall please? I'd prefer to move Josh Smith but we gotta stay realistic here..
Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pistons should move Monroe get some moneyz

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:27 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumars + cap room = baaaaaaaaaaaad idea. Very bad.

:(
Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade and sign Monroe for Carmelo

Brandon Jennings / ???? / Melo / Jsmoove / Drummonds

gogo lol

Old 01-19-2014, 04:43 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Dumars + cap room = baaaaaaaaaaaad idea. Very bad.

:(
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m246gm4

I don't know how this even happened, but it just worked. Sometimes I wonder if GM's ever do trade scenarios for funsies or even use the trade machine before they offer a trade. I'm going to do this trade on 2k14 for fun and save the piston's franchise.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:53 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

Can we trade Jennings for Wall please? I'd prefer to move Josh Smith but we gotta stay realistic here..
No, Wall is the only thing keeping me mildly interested in the Wizards until they get their real name back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:36 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Paul George dunk looked so much like the one by Vince Carter in the dunk contest. It's so awesome how great George has gotten so quickly. Dude is seriously Scottie Pippen 2.0

On Kobe, he's never had a season you can go to and be like "Wow he was so amazing that year" the way you can with super elite guys. That's not to say Kobe isnt/wasnt really really really good though. He's consistently been a 9 of 10 for like 15 years, which is amazing. He's just never been a 10 out of 10 the way that LeBron has been over the last 2 years. He's Karl Malone with rings, which is nothing to sneeze at. Definitely a top 15 player ever and you could probably make a case for the latter part of top 10 if you really wanted to. The point I was making though, is that as great as he is, he's never been Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Michael, Shaq, or LeBron. He's in the tier below those guys.

Also, Kobe was a fantastic defensive player for a long time. Back when they had Shaq and he didnt have to carry the entire load on offense, for instance, he was easily in the top tier of perimeter defenders in the game. His age and immense offensive responsibilities have taken a toll on his D lately, which is a shame because people see him still getting defensive honors and assume that all of his defensive accolades were only given to him because of who he is (like gold gloves) which isnt the case at all.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and Terrence Jones! 36 and 11 last night!

As a starter, here are TJones' averages:

12.9 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 1.4 APG, 1.6 BPG, .520 FG, 30.4 MPG, 34 Games

Not bad for the 5th option!

Old 01-19-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the hell does a 360 Windmill in a game!? PG is so rude.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Who the hell does a 360 Windmill in a game!? PG is so rude.
Up 20! If that was LeBron the internet would have exploded from hate.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool graphic. Is it cumulative or is each month plotted in a vacuum? I'm guessing the former.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Judging by that graphic we should be like 10 games over .500.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey at least Bobcats play some D.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8-man rotation if the Celtics hadn't made the trade in 2007 (2013-14 stats)...
Kendrick Perkins (3-5-1)
Al Jefferson (18-10-1)
Jeff Green (16-5-2)
Gerald Green (14-3-2)
*Rajon Rondo (8-4-2)
Tony Allen (10-2-4-2)
Paul Pierce (13-5-3-1)
Glen Davis (14-7)

*-1 game back from ACL

Fairly balanced team. Probably a perennial 3 or 4 seed. Pierce likely would have been traded, and they probably have one or two more lottery picks the #14 picks in the following drafts were Anthony Randolph and Earl Clark.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
This is really cool.

Toronto has been more consistent than I thought.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote