Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Uhh....does Randolph's 13 million for the next 4 years change your mind?

Or how bout the fact that he's never seen a shot he didn't like?

Or maybe that he plays no defense...then again that's a reason he'd be good for the Knicks, cause none of them do.

Yea..I want Derrick Rose or Deandre Jordan..I'd even settle for Brook Lopez..
Oh i'm not saying he's a great player or anything but i just feel he gets some hard knocks and doesn't deserve this Eddy Curry v.2 stuff he gets. He's not the blackhole on offense that Curry is (although it's close to that bad) and he actually rebounds. Doesn't do much else but these sort of inefficient stat fillers have been valued before, just maybe not at 13 million.

And Deandre Jordan? The kid needs atleast 3 years in school before he can even think about coming out in my opinion, with that i think he can be special. Too bad i can see him doing a one and done and busting in a big way.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else see stan van gundy chastise dwight howard?

Last edited by soybean : 02-12-2008 at 07:49 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should do a fantasy nba draft but with salarys. im not 100% on how the nba cap works, i know most of it but not all of it. thats why im promoting sermon to do it. get like 8 guys, and i say it in here because if you post it in the fantasy thread anyone will join. i think most of the regulars in here should be in it.

if that doesnt work we'll just do a normal draft. or if someone is really daring ill help set up a forum mock
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
we should do a fantasy nba draft but with salarys. im not 100% on how the nba cap works, i know most of it but not all of it. thats why im promoting sermon to do it. get like 8 guys, and i say it in here because if you post it in the fantasy thread anyone will join. i think most of the regulars in here should be in it.

if that doesnt work we'll just do a normal draft. or if someone is really daring ill help set up a forum mock
I'm always down for one of these.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post

I don't know what the cap is but once you got over the cap, you are basically paying double for whatever you are over the cap. So if you are 5 mil over the cap, it really costs you 10 mil.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im always down for forum mocks. But I would need my Raps.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I'm down for a forum mock as well....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
anyone else see stan van gundy chastise dwight howard?
Dwight's just a kid still...he's been stubborn and hasnt been working that hard defensivly...it still shouldnt all be on him, though. The team cant play defense at all. Every game is a shootout w/ this group...we need a real PF bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll be the Knicks.... and I know Turtle's a fan of them too, so we can Co together :)

Also, I know I'm not a regular, but I'd do a fantasy draft to, I got plenty of time on my hands now...

EDIT:

And hey, Minnesota...we'll give you Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins for Theo Ratliff and Michael Doleac...deal? K thanks..I could use me some Doleac back in NY, oh, and Ratliff's 11 mill (+ Doleac's 3 mil) expiring contract is cool too..That would get us to to only 21 mill ver after this year!!!! And then around 7 mill UNDER after two years, assuming we don't trade anyone else and resign only Balkman and Nate.

Whew..too much NBA live.

Jets will not take McFadden...

Last edited by nvot9 : 02-12-2008 at 09:01 PM.
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CP3 is bitching and moaning almost as much as Wade does...does he usually whine this much?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think I'm the only Nets fan here haha, I'm always game for a forum mock

and OMG The Nets won!!! (by 4, against the T'wolves...) but I take it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well...he's been sucking lately so maybe when Chandler comes back he'll stop whining...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
well...he's been sucking lately so maybe when Chandler comes back he'll stop whining...
Chandler is playing/played today.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man nuggets barely escaped the Heat today. A win is a win, but it's apparent that we're asleep on defense for the first half consistently... not a recipe for success (especially when its against teams hungry for wins like Miami).

Nuggets offense is rolling on all cylinders tho. And, despite our effort some times, when we DO try to play defense, it's very aggressive and effective. Hopefully the Nuggets will gain some defensive momentum and urgency... the West is too competitive this year to slack off for one game. Damn i wish the Nuggets played in the east.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
damn...keep on waiting for Shaq to make his debut but his fat ass is so out of shape...we might not see him til after the all star break
the man has 11% body fat how is he out of shape?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
the man has 11% body fat how is he out of shape?
I forgot body fat is the end all be all of fitness. It has nothing to do with cardiovascular endurance or muscle endurance. I mean at 11% body fat he must be able to run all around.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he said Shaq was out of shape, he didn't say Shaq was fat, and it is true Shaq is out of shape.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not sure if this has been posted but the nets and mavs are closing in on a kidd deal. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted but the nets and mavs are closing in on a kidd deal. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102
My guess is because of the shellacking the Mavs got at the hands of the Nets. Which was horrible I might add. I still don't think it is smart if they trade Devin Harris. Kidd is just a shell of his former self.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-13-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

I forgot to say... Kidd will be better against bigger PGs like Deron Williams as far as D goes. But I think he'll get torched by Steve Nash, Paul and Tony Parker.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I forgot to say... Kidd will be better against bigger PGs like Deron Williams as far as D goes. But I think he'll get torched by Steve Nash, Paul and Tony Parker.
I think he will too, he has lost a step or two and I doubt he can follow these guys around all game, AI as well, but he can cause some match up problems too, I doubt Nash could cover him they would probally put Bell on him and then have Nash try to cover Terry

Another reason I don't think this deal works is that Dallas is trading away alot of there key bench guys which they have relied on come playoff time

Last edited by fenikz : 02-13-2008 at 01:04 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
Thinks makes me happy. Though would we definitely losing some major depth with the loss of Harris, Stack and Diop. I mean we pretty much lose half our Center rotation with Diop gone. But to gain a PG that I've been wanting since the Miami/Finals debacle. And Kidd is obviously not the Kidd of 5-6 years ago, but he is still a major improvement over Devin Harris and Jason Terry as the facilitators of this offense. But again I say this just kills are depth.

PG: Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, JJ Berea, Darrell Armstrong
SG: Eddie Jones, Jason Terry, Trenton Hassell,
SF: Josh Howard, Trenton Hassell
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Brandon Bass, Juwan Howard
C: Erick Dampier, Juwan Howard, Nick Fazekas?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I personally think it is dumb as hell. If this was Kidd 2-3 years ago, I'd make the trade. Not this year. Kidd is a great rebounding guard and obviously a great playmaker. But he can barely score anymore and has not jump shot. I'd take Harris and his potential over Kidd.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Yeah, I personally think it is dumb as hell. If this was Kidd 2-3 years ago, I'd make the trade. Not this year. Kidd is a great rebounding guard and obviously a great playmaker. But he can barely score anymore and has not jump shot. I'd take Harris and his potential over Kidd.
Well it's a tough decision but while Harris is explosive and exciting can he lead this team to a championship, no. By the time he is ready if he ever will be to lead his team to a championship, a lot of their older guys will be going downhill. So with Kidd you get a 2-3 year window to win a title and you still have some solid pieces to keep going. It's one of those things that you think about winning right now, and knowing Cuban he wants to opt that way. However this trade would make their bench a lot thinner.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i don't know if devin harris will ever reach that level. He has scorer's mentality and is extremely quick but he can't see the passing lanes that well.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote