Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well...it's apparently official...Kidd has been traded for

Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devan George, DeSagana Diop, Maurice Ager, 2 first round picks and cash...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Very good deal for the Nets IMO.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh. I feel like this'd hinder Marcus Williams' ability to develop, but maybe not. I'd like to see him succeed though. As far as the trade for the Mavs, I think it's great. It's better than the Shaq deal, and even that one wasn't horrible. Guard play is important in the playoffs and with scorers like Terry, Howard, and Dirk, there's no need for Kidd to score. With him leading the point, as things look right now, it could be them and the Lakers contending to go the Finals.

Oh and I anticipate Josh Howard's numbers going through the roof.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh. And Stack isn't even staying with the Nets. He's going to get bought out. So, he could go straight back to the Mavs.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even as a Mavs fan I think Josh Howard is overrated by many people out there. Great defensively, and can score when he's on, but his Offensive game is sketchy at times. He takes horrible shots at times, makes bad decisions, and his ball handling ability is nothing to brag about. He definitely get by on his intangibles, his knack for being at the right place at the right time, and his ability as slasher, but some of the things he does on offense makes me cringe.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh. And Stack isn't even staying with the Nets. He's going to get bought out. So, he could go straight back to the Mavs.
That's actually really good news. Even though he has been injured most of the year, he will be a vital part of this team during the playoffs.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Even as a Mavs fan I think Josh Howard is overrated by many people out there. Great defensively, and can score when he's on, but his Offensive game is sketchy at times. He takes horrible shots at times, makes bad decisions, and his ball handling ability is nothing to brag about. He definitely get by on his intangibles, his knack for being at the right place at the right time, and his ability as slasher, but some of the things he does on offense makes me cringe.
I don't know if that was directly in response to what I said, but in any case, I see his numbers jumping because he's the type of player that Kidd would be more likely to feed as they cut down the lane or alley-oop it on a fast break.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good deal for the Nets who were trading somebody that was not happy. Should be able to build a good future with those pieces.

Damn the West. Its getting way too scary good, as if it wasnt beforehand.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I don't know if that was directly in response to what I said, but in any case, I see his numbers jumping because he's the type of player that Kidd would be more likely to feed as they cut down the lane or alley-oop it on a fast break.
Not directly towards your post. But your mention of him just made want to get that off my chest. I've actually read some post on other forums who wanted the Mavs to build around J-Ho and trade Dirk after the GS series last year. I've heard some ridiculous **** before, but my god man.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nets should really consider trading VC and maybe even RJ although you do want one vet in place to set up the next generation, but yeah they should move VC and not for old talent but some nice young talent and a draft pick or two. Just random but a trade I could think of, with a team looking to make a move for a SG although they are looking for a more defensive guy but Vince Carter for J.R. Smith, Nene, and Linas Klieza, maybe a draft pick or two involved. Nets are in decent shape to rebuild but problem is that they don't have too much in place and those future picks from the Mavs will all be lower tier, so they could end up with a team in a couple years full of late first round rookies. They have the Williamses, both will be solid but neither I think will be great. Beyond that not too much, Wright and Boone both have showed great improvement but fit molds more as support/role guys. In comparison a team like the T-wolves is in far better shape in rebuilding than the Nets. Another trade I could think of is VC for a package including Ak47 and Ronnie Brewer.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Nets should really consider trading VC and maybe even RJ although you do want one vet in place to set up the next generation, but yeah they should move VC and not for old talent but some nice young talent and a draft pick or two. Just random but a trade I could think of, with a team looking to make a move for a SG although they are looking for a more defensive guy but Vince Carter for J.R. Smith, Nene, and Linas Klieza, maybe a draft pick or two involved. Nets are in decent shape to rebuild but problem is that they don't have too much in place and those future picks from the Mavs will all be lower tier, so they could end up with a team in a couple years full of late first round rookies. They have the Williamses, both will be solid but neither I think will be great. Beyond that not too much, Wright and Boone both have showed great improvement but fit molds more as support/role guys. In comparison a team like the T-wolves is in far better shape in rebuilding than the Nets. Another trade I could think of is VC for a package including Ak47 and Ronnie Brewer.
I say the Nets try to send VC to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal. I've heard this one talked about before and they could add a big man to play with Josh Boone and Sean Williams.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I say the Nets try to send VC to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal. I've heard this one talked about before and they could add a big man to play with Josh Boone and Sean Williams.
Yeah but I don't get that trade much. JO is always hurt and isn't exactly young, and with him they still don't have a team to contend for anything. I think they should explore different options in obtaining a few younger talents to bolster depth, rather than trying to find that one star to trade straight up.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic > Hawks
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Yeah but I don't get that trade much. JO is always hurt and isn't exactly young, and with him they still don't have a team to contend for anything. I think they should explore different options in obtaining a few younger talents to bolster depth, rather than trying to find that one star to trade straight up.
As far as that philosophy goes then I would look to your Denver trade which would be spectacular for the Nets. Denver would be interesting too with AI, VC, Melo, and Camby.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Magic > Hawks
Brilliant statement :)

Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm the Nets I try to stack up on draft picks and wait for one of the big name Free Agents in '09, that would leave them competitive in '10.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone hear of Charlie Villanueva to Orlando rumors?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
No, but I hope it's true. Reading some of his quotes I really get the feeling he doesn't want to be in Milwaukee and he wants a chance to play significant minutes somewhere. What do you think Orlando would send back?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't like it unless he can be had relatively cheaply...I think this blog has it best:

http://www.thirdquartercollapse.com/.../9/214957/2135

Quote:
# Charlie Villanueva, Milwaukee Bucks:

* The Good: He's a tall, versatile four/three with decent range. He's also an underrated rebounder.

* The Bad: He's having the worst season of his young career, and his contract runs for another two years.

* What It Would Take: Probably not a heckuva whole lot. He's losing minutes to Yi Jianlian and the Bucks don't seem too impressed with him.

* My offer: Augustine and Redick for Villanueva.
o Why it works for us: We get a solid "buy-low" option without giving up anyone who sees significant playing time.
o Why it works for them: Redick instantly becomes the Bucks' backup two-guard; he won't lose minutes to Charlie Bell (having arguably the worst season in NBA History) or to Awvee Storey, that's for sure. Augustine has a small expiring contract and provides the Bucks with the sort of hustle coach Larry Krystkowiak admires.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I wouldn't like it unless he can be had relatively cheaply...I think this blog has it best:

http://www.thirdquartercollapse.com/.../9/214957/2135
Ewe if the Bucks took that all their fans would leave Milwaukee. Sure Charlie V is expendable but you don't have to give him up for free, that trade is like paying someone so you can carry their bags.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
No, but I hope it's true. Reading some of his quotes I really get the feeling he doesn't want to be in Milwaukee and he wants a chance to play significant minutes somewhere. What do you think Orlando would send back?
The thing that Otis keeps saying is that he likes the current make up of the team and that he doesn't want to trade Redick just to see him do well elsewhere. Well if he trades Redick that doesn't shake up the current make up of the team and in return he gets another young player who could help erase the potential regrets of letting Redick go. CV has the game to play the 4 and his 3 point range is a perfect fit for SVG's 3 point barage offense.

If not Redick, the usual suspect of names are Carlos Arroyo, Pat Garrity (expiring contract) or draft picks.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way the Mavs beat the Spurs now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing that Otis keeps saying is that he likes the current make up of the team and that he doesn't want to trade Redick just to see him do well elsewhere. Well if he trades Redick that doesn't shake up the current make up of the team and in return he gets another young player who could help erase the potential regrets of letting Redick go. CV has the game to play the 4 and his 3 point range is a perfect fit for SVG's 3 point barage offense.

If not Redick, the usual suspect of names are Carlos Arroyo, Pat Garrity (expiring contract) or draft picks.
Arroyo looks done in Orlando...our team is so much better w/ Jammer then Keyon off the bench anyway. They just have to stay healthy, which seems to be no small task for those two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

I'm a little angry that Kidd went to the Mavs.. I dont know what I expected the Cavs to do, but knowing the problems at hand its tough to watch a guy like Kidd get traded..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
I'm a little angry that Kidd went to the Mavs.. I dont know what I expected the Cavs to do, but knowing the problems at hand its tough to watch a guy like Kidd get traded..
I'm a little angry Kidd is coming to the mavs too. Giving up Harris, Stackhous, Diop, George and Ager for Kidd and Allen? Seems a little foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...
steelersgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote