Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
I'm a little angry that Kidd went to the Mavs.. I dont know what I expected the Cavs to do, but knowing the problems at hand its tough to watch a guy like Kidd get traded..
The Cavs should try to bring Andre Miller back home but it won't be easy to get him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersgirl5 View Post
I'm a little angry Kidd is coming to the mavs too. Giving up Harris, Stackhous, Diop, George and Ager for Kidd and Allen? Seems a little foolish.
seems a lot foolish to me...

Gasol and Shaq are on contending teams and you already have Duncan and other good bigs guys in the West and you're gonna trade your only good defensive big guy??? Dampier isn't that bad defensively but I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and say Dallas won't win the title this year because he is gonna get ripped to shreds in the playoffs...
Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eal/index.html
Didn't read this anywhere else, but apparently Nets in a separate deal will be trading Antoine Wright to the Mavs for a future 2nd round pick. A future 2nd round pick? Sounds incredibly dumb on the Nets part, a future late 2nd which is basically like getting a guy undrafted, strange move in terms of future and depth.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didn't Cuban recently get pissed at some writer who proposed Harris in a deal for Kidd like 2 weeks ago? I really like Kidd and he is still really good, but I don't see him playing for that much longer and Harris has shown he could be a great PG in the future

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
seems a lot foolish to me...

Gasol and Shaq are on contending teams and you already have Duncan and other good bigs guys in the West and you're gonna trade your only good defensive big guy??? Dampier isn't that bad defensively but I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and say Dallas won't win the title this year because he is gonna get ripped to shreds in the playoffs...
I'm a huge Mavs fan and I agree with you fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...
steelersgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eal/index.html
Didn't read this anywhere else, but apparently Nets in a separate deal will be trading Antoine Wright to the Mavs for a future 2nd round pick. A future 2nd round pick? Sounds incredibly dumb on the Nets part, a future late 2nd which is basically like getting a guy undrafted, strange move in terms of future and depth.
If that's true, and if Stack does get bought out and come back, that would definitely help out our depth in the perimeter. I'm still worried about who will back up Dampier. Maybe Juwan Howard, Brandon Bass could possibly log in some time there, or call up Nick Freskas.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I would venture to say that the Nuggets or Hornets might be the next team to make a move...Utah as well...this is just a snowball effect to the Gasol trade...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I would venture to say that the Nuggets or Hornets might be the next team to make a move...Utah as well...this is just a snowball effect to the Gasol trade...
I really don't see the Hornets making a trade right now, Nuggets could very well bring in a PG maybe someone like Tinsley or bring back Miller

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
didn't Cuban recently get pissed at some writer who proposed Harris in a deal for Kidd like 2 weeks ago? I really like Kidd and he is still really good, but I don't see him playing for that much longer and Harris has shown he could be a great PG in the future
February 11, 2008.
"For us to make the numbers work in a deal like that, we'd have to trade away half the team," Cuban added, before settling into his first-row chair, three seats down from Mavs coach Avery Johnson. "We're not doing that, so it just doesn't work. And, we like our team. We've got a lot of room for improvement and we hope to get better. But right now, I just don't see anything happening."

I'm gonna call ********.

Quote:
For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...
Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a huge Mavs fan for so many years ive seen us come close, so im sure the Lakers and Suns trading recently had Cuban thinking he had to make an impulse move but I dont like it...The Nets raped us, Kidd is 34, Harris is a good young pg who I have been watching since he was a rookie, he was raw and has consistently improved every year, this year before he got hurt he was playing at a high level...We improved the next 2 years, then what do we do to surround Josh Howard with somebody to play with?

I would of rather found a way to deal Jason Terry, there is no way I would of traded my pg of the future for a 2 year fix that may or may not work...

But the more important thing is we dont have the frontcourt to win those games...Bynum, Gasol, Odom, and Shaq, Amare, Diaw owns anything we could try to assemble in the front court...We do have a shot in the playoffs with this trade, because Kidd really could make Howard that much better, and if Dirk is hot we have just as good of a shot, but its still going to take a huge effort to beat those two teams with a much better front court...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Being a huge Mavs fan for so many years ive seen us come close, so im sure the Lakers and Suns trading recently had Cuban thinking he had to make an impulse move but I dont like it...The Nets raped us, Kidd is 34, Harris is a good young pg who I have been watching since he was a rookie, he was raw and has consistently improved every year, this year before he got hurt he was playing at a high level...We improved the next 2 years, then what do we do to surround Josh Howard with somebody to play with?
Harris is 25 with lots of potential to grow. You are exactly right, it makes no sense to bring in someone, who is less impressionable and on his way out.

P.S. Boris Diaw ain't got ****! :)...except a French accent....Maybe he and parker can be French rappers together!

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Harris is 25 with lots of potential to grow. You are exactly right, it makes no sense to bring in someone, who is less impressionable and on his way out.

P.S. Boris Diaw ain't got ****! :)...except a French accent....Maybe he and parker can be French rappers together!
clearly it's a desperation move to win now....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also being deep was one of our team strengths for a long time, ever since we lost to the Heat and fell apart in the Finals, its been a knee jerk reaction ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I'm not too huge of an NBA fan anymore so I haven't really been paying attention, but are there any trade rumors surrounding Jermaine O'Neal? I really hope there are.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the nets should ship Carter. build more for the future. I love Harris and Diop, the $ and picks out of this deal for the Nets. Harris and Williams 2 very good young guards who can be on the court at the same time. Diop, Boone, Sean Williams, Nenad and Collins? great depth and pretty good talent downlow.

Trading Antoine Wright for a late 2nd rounder makes absolutly no sense. I don't get it. I hope that's just a rumor.

Nets should build with Sean Williams(i flat out love this kid), RJ(best player on the team now), Marcus Williams, Harris and Boone. Have some depth and youth on the bench. Still might squeak out a playoff birth and if VC shows up, perhaps pull off an upset, but we're building for the future now, and have 2 1st rounders to do it this June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't follow the NBA, but the Mavs made a terrible trade. Devin Harris, Stackhouse, and 2 first round picks for a 35 year old Jason Kidd? If that trade would have put them as the favorite to win the title it'd make at least some sense, but I don't think they're that much better off with Kidd than Harris.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so glad Kidd got traded and I'm not even really a NBA fan they have been talking about him maybe getting traded for the last five years it seems.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ya sure "Diaw ain't got ****" he is the most versatile player in the NBA, the only person in the league who can actually play all 5 positions, good handles, a good passer, good jump shot, above average defense, can score inside, makes the hustle plays and he isn't selfish, I guarantee every coach in the league wants a player like him

Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I don't follow the NBA, but the Mavs made a terrible trade. Devin Harris, Stackhouse, and 2 first round picks for a 35 year old Jason Kidd? If that trade would have put them as the favorite to win the title it'd make at least some sense, but I don't think they're that much better off with Kidd than Harris.
I agree completely. I think they brought JJ in to be the future..but he is having trouble with his defensive game. So with Kidd, 'we can have our time now', and mold Barea to the team, and when Kidd is out, he can take it from there. I love Harris and I think he is definitely our go to guy and I think the Mavs made a ****** decision.

Just a quick fix.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ya sure "Diaw ain't got ****" he is the most versatile player in the NBA, the only person in the league who can actually play all 5 positions, good handles, a good passer, good jump shot, above average defense, can score inside, makes the hustle plays and he isn't selfish, I guarantee every coach in the league wants a player like him
I just don't like him! :)

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
I just don't like him! :)
Did he steal your girlfirend? because he has been known to do that to a lot of people(including quite a few from Marion), but who can blame them he is a a 6'9 NBA Star with a french accent

Old 02-13-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Did he steal your girlfirend? because he has been known to do that to a lot of people(including quite a few from Marion), but who can blame them he is a a 6'9 NBA Star with a french accent
why would assume just because i am on a football forum and like basketball, that i am a lesbian??

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

once again a trade deadline will come and pass without the cavs making any deals. just make a deal, any deal except one thats equivelant to the gary welsch for a first rounder we did a couple years ago. wtf were the cavs thinking
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why would assume just because i am on a football forum and like basketball, that i am a lesbian??
i doubt he even realized you were a girl. so take it easy, no need to take your period out on us
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it was more of a fact that 99% of posters on here are men and he didn't look at your name before posting.

Anyways, even though the Hornets beat the Bulls last night they did not look that good. I'm sure it was more of an off night by them but they just walked through the first half got the lead against a bad Bulls team and then walked around again.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote