Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I now understand why everyone argues with Brody, due to his last few posts.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He doesn't take stupid shots and he's a great rebounder, that's a good big to me. Plus he became a better passer as the season went on and got better and better.
I know but like he can't defend for poop. It just surprises me you like him so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I'm curious to know is how Brody watches the Sixers, nets, pistons and every other NBA player plus baseball and tv with a full time job. I mean, he must not sleep.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What I'm curious to know is how Brody watches the Sixers, nets, pistons and every other NBA player plus baseball and tv with a full time job. I mean, he must not sleep.
I have to watch 82 games a season? I've seen several games of every team. Well, except the Hawks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many premium picks can the Jazz accumulate? Has to be pinned on the coach if nothing progresses. Add a guy like Exum (although he would be slightly out of position) and that is a very talented starting 5.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How many premium picks can the Jazz accumulate? Has to be pinned on the coach if nothing progresses. Add a guy like Exum (although he would be slightly out of position) and that is a very talented starting 5.
Eh...I had high hopes for the Jazz, but their young players either basically stayed the same or regressed horribly when given bigger roles.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enes Kanter ******* blows, so that didn't help.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Enes Kanter ******* blows, so that didn't help.
At least I put it nicely!
Old 04-19-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get some actual talent around Boogie next year, we might be good. He has been improving every year, he really doesn't have a weak aspect to his game right now. He still suffers through stretches of dumb fouls but he has gotten better every year. Fully expect him to be the best C in the game next year.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Kings are not making the playoffs in the West. Just not happening.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Didn't say they could make the playoffs but they could get into the 40 wins area if we get some wing players that can actually play defense. Malone is righting the ship on that side of the floor. We just need bodies now. I really hope we don't re sign IT. He's gonna be expensive and he is just a 6th man.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It sounds like you could use Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It sounds like you could use Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith.
If there is one thing Isaiah Thomas is good at, it is flipping crappy 'stars' on bad contracts for even crappier stars on worse contracts while surrendering first rounders.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If this was baseball and you could eat most of Josh Smith's salary, I wouldn't mind Malone taking a crack at him and doing what he did with Rudy Cool and Boogie. Basically schemed the offense to avoid giving them the opportunity to take ******** shots.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early list of rumored Pistons GM Candidates:

George David - Pistons Assistant GM
Ken Catanella - Pistons Director of Basketball Operations
David Griffin - Cavaliers Interim GM
Mike Zarren - Celtics Assistant GM
Scott Perry - Magic Assistant GM
Travis Schlenk - Warriors Assistant GM

Also, Kiki VanDeWeghe, Bryan Colangelo, and...... Grant Hill.

I'll be happy with Schlenk or Zarren. Zarren came up with that Draft Wheel concept so I trust he can come up with some kind of Wheel that can trade Josh Smith.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If this was baseball and you could eat most of Josh Smith's salary, I wouldn't mind Malone taking a crack at him and doing what he did with Rudy Cool and Boogie. Basically schemed the offense to avoid giving them the opportunity to take ******** shots.
I have a feeling that Cool-Smoove-Boogie would not go well.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Early list of rumored Pistons GM Candidates:

George David - Pistons Assistant GM
Ken Catanella - Pistons Director of Basketball Operations
David Griffin - Cavaliers Interim GM
Mike Zarren - Celtics Assistant GM
Scott Perry - Magic Assistant GM
Travis Schlenk - Warriors Assistant GM

Also, Kiki VanDeWeghe, Bryan Colangelo, and...... Grant Hill.

I'll be happy with Schlenk or Zarren. Zarren came up with that Draft Wheel concept so I trust he can come up with some kind of Wheel that can trade Josh Smith.
It will be Zeke and you will like it.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I have a feeling that Cool-Smoove-Boogie would not go well.
Brandon Jennings would help make it work.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, that Josh Smith deal is SOOO bad. The NBA might have to issue another Amnesty because of that one.

I was trying to find a team that would play up tempo and play him at the 4 because they're bad and going to be bad, so they might as well be entertaining while they're bad. The Pistons might be able to do another deal with Milwaukee, but they'd have to take on Ersan Ilyasova and/or Larry Sanders.

Josh Smith at the 4 with Henson, Giannis, and whoever they draft could actually be a really nice look for the Bucks. Especially if Wolters continues to get better in his role, Brandon Knight takes the next step, and Mayo decides to try.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:20 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

They're stuck with him, maybe he can improve next year playing the four. Not only did they ruin their cap space, but they shat all over themselves and ruined Monroe's development, who they will now lose for nothing. Dumars with the double whammy on his way out. Makes me feel less bad about the shitfest Petrie had in Sacto before leaving.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going from Dumars to Coangelo would be hilarious. He'd probably package Monroe and Drummond for Rudy Gay and call it a day.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Going from Dumars to Coangelo would be hilarious. He'd probably package Monroe and Drummond for Rudy Gay and call it a day.
Smith & Gay together would be interesting... They're complete Yin & Yang.

The thing is, Smith isn't a bad player, they just signed him to be used in a way that makes him bad. Whoever comes in next will have to decide whether to build the team in a way that Smith is useful or to just kind of work around his contract until he can get rid of it.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:35 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

For some god awful reason, Dumars thought they could have a super lineup of Smith-Monroe-Drummond. Obviously that worked out terribly, so they kind of screwed themselves out of being able to keep the younger guy with more upside. Smith/Drummond can be a terror defensively, so there's still some hope they can salvage some value out of that signing. Plus removing him from the wing just might help him take less outside shots. Basically have him line up on the high post and feed outlets to the wings or dump downs to Drummond, and let him be a weakside roamer on defense.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Valanciunas putting in work early, 8 points and 7 bounds with 5 minutes to go in the 1st.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

DeRozan is terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack