Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I love nyloncalculus! Everyone should read their stuff.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
I think the Knicks and Cavs are 1a. and 1b. but yeah that looks right.
Only reason why I put the Knicks ahead of the Cavs is because I expect a learning curve to happen early in the season plus the young guys need time to develop for the Cavs. But they'll finish the season as the strongest team in the East. By the all star game I think Wiggins will understand his role on the team and then watch out. Bc once he's able to lock down guys on defense LeBron is going to just go off on offense and that's scary to think about.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
This. No doubt about it.

Flexibility being that IT can cleary start. Their intention is to definitely keep both but with the drafting of Ennis, which I'm aware is a low success rate at that slot, and the signing of IT, they won't be left without options if one or the other were to leave/get traded for assets. The Suns are in a strong position right now but they aren't without weakness and hypothetically one of those guards could be used to fetch something.

Again, I fully expect they intend on keeping all of them.
Ewwe... If IT makes it PHX think they have options if Bledsoe or Dragic leave or make it easier for them to trade one, then YIKES! IT is a scary signing if I'm a Suns fan.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
stephenson to charlotte 3yrs/27 mil
Reminds me of when they had Stephen Jackson. I'm not sure the Hornets have the cast around Lance to make sure he stays in check. We'll see how this turns out.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I really like what they got but.. no way.

nohomer here but losing VC was big even at the advanced stage in his career.

Potentially losing Marion too would suck, but the starting 5 for them is very good and very unique, especially if Felton actually improves from last year which he will.
San Antonio is going to be a year older and it's tough to repeat. The Thunder always find something to stub their toe on. Seriously see the West available for 4 or 5 teams.

In the East if Rose is healthy it's clearly the Bulls. The only thing that could change that dynamic is if the Cavs get Kevin Love. Not sure they see it that way but they will when that team takes the court.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PG: Felton/Harris/Makal
SG: Ellis/Ledo
SF: Parsons/Jefferson/Crowder
PF: Dirk/Lewis/Smith/
C: Chandler/Wright

For the love of god someone give us a PG. The rest of the squad I can live with.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:05 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
San Antonio is going to be a year older and it's tough to repeat. The Thunder always find something to stub their toe on. Seriously see the West available for 4 or 5 teams.

In the East if Rose is healthy it's clearly the Bulls. The only thing that could change that dynamic is if the Cavs get Kevin Love. Not sure they see it that way but they will when that team takes the court.
We have been writing off the Spurs for a long time time.. I know I have. I am going to say as long as those 3 are together anything is possible, they have already planned on other players stepping up. Plus Parker is the youngest and he is the one who orchestrates everything. They are the defending champs because of having the best coach in the game and playing together as a unit.

Parker/CJ
Green/Manu/Marco
Leonard/Kyle Anderson
Duncan/Diaw
Splitter

Only thing they lack is down low presence, which didn't matter in the Finals because of the lack of size in Miami.

The Thunders problem last year was coaching mainly. This team is stacked. They didn't play Perry Jones OR Jeremy Lamb enough, Steven Adams is a good player with McGary coming in, this is the team that will come out of the West.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ewwe... If IT makes it PHX think they have options if Bledsoe or Dragic leave or make it easier for them to trade one, then YIKES! IT is a scary signing if I'm a Suns fan.
I agree with you but the transition wouldn't be as rough as it could be. IT is the perfect 3rd guard for them or any team really and at that price is a serious bargain. And the development of Ennis in 3 years after that IT contract is up. Some good GMing.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I agree with you but the transition wouldn't be as rough as it could be. IT is the perfect 3rd guard for them or any team really and at that price is a serious bargain. And the development of Ennis in 3 years after that IT contract is up. Some good GMing.
What transition though? The transition coming from one of the losses of Bledsoe/Dragic? If this is a move to soften that blow then that already tells me where the mind of their GM is at. Combining that with the drafting of Ennis and it's clear he's not confident about keeping them both. Maybe keeping them both is the wrong thing to do. If he has to max Bledsoe this year and Dragic next, then maybe that's why he signed IT and drafted Ennis. The financial commitment to doing that might not be what he envisions. If that's what he's thinking then it's an interesting move.

IMO, the Suns needed to commit that money to replacing Frye. Without the threat of a Stretch 4 the Suns will have to change what they did best in the NBA at last season. I'll be watching how well their guards fare this year for sure. Curious to see if they have the same kind of efficiencies.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
PG: Felton/Harris/Makal
SG: Ellis/Ledo
SF: Parsons/Jefferson/Crowder
PF: Dirk/Lewis/Smith/
C: Chandler/Wright

For the love of god someone give us a PG. The rest of the squad I can live with.
Max out Bledsoe! For PHX's hand!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Wow. I hate everything about this.
I don't hate it, but soccer is completely different. Mid-season tournaments in soccer are inter-league. Trying to say it's like soccer tournaments is just completely false because the interest in soccer tournaments is largely from fans of lower teams getting to watch their squads compete against the highest level.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whichever team signs Brandon Rush will be getting a steal. I really like him as a player.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
1. Knicks
2. Cavs
3. Chicago
4. Pacers
5. Washington
6. Toronto
7. Miami
8. Brooklyn
BBD: taking trolling to a new level where impossible seeding happen.

Tell me, which one of NY, Cleveland, Chicago, or Indy will be winning the Southeast division this year?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAL-WASH finishing up a S&T on for Blair. Be a really good pick up for the Wiz.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gortat/Nene/Blair/Hump is a really solid big rotation for WASH
Old 07-16-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I really like the team Washington is putting together. It isn't full of superstars or world beaters, but with what they had last year and the additions this year, they should be really solid come playoff time.

I could see them competing with the Raptors for the Atlantic.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really they only lost Ariza, which is a lost but nothing too crazy. Problem is he could rebound and defend better than Pierce, but Webster and Porter getting more PT should help with that. Humphries.. I don't even like, not sure why but yeah. Decent player and will help with the questionable health of a guy like Nene.. Getting Blair would also be good, never got the PT he deserved in SA or anywhere else. Seraphin is also a pretty good player that will see the court.

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Webster is out with back injury I believe. But it's time to unleash Otto and Glen Rice Jr.

I don't why Blair can't getting a starting job somewhere. Everytime he was on the floor for the Mavs, good things happened.

Last edited by Paul : 07-16-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Yea, Ariza was a really good fit for the Wiz and losing him definitely won't help. But again, he wasn't really a superstar, can't replace type talent. Even if it takes two guys to fill the void, I think the Wiz are set up to handle it.

I really think even if he doesn't contribute as much as Wizards fans may want, Pierce is going to have a really big impact on the team mentally. It'll be interesting to see how guys like Wall and Beal grow with Pierce around.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rush to the Warriors.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cause why not.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Warriors needed more outside shooting.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

Cause why not.
That's pretty cool! You can tell Frye really had a lot of volume and success at the right top of the key and struggled at the right corner. Can also see the spot he likes to get to on the right baseline. I'm assuming that's one of his go to spots on the underneath roll after making a pick. Interesting that he makes those with regularity but a few feet away beyond the 3 pt line he becomes inefficient. Frye's volume near the rim is more than I expected. I expected it to look more like Tolliver's.

Tolliver is a lot less liberal in his shot volume but I just realized the Suns got him, so this year that could go way up. That's the kind of player they needed, so I like that signing for them a lot. PHX should be able to run different kinds of tweaks to their Pn'R because of the different spots Tolliver seems to be effective from. We'll see how his accuricies maintain if he takes almost 200 more shots from 3. He took 247 shots last year compared to Fyre's 432. I applaud this signing for them. Makes good sense.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Obviously it's summer league, but Channing Frye is everywhere...

http://www.blogabull.com/2014/7/15/5...nikola-mirotic

Quote:
Mirotic is the type of player that would help any offense as a stretch power forward. Just look at the impact (and paychecks) of Ryan Anderson and Channing Frye if you're having second thoughts about the viability of his skill set.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like, how dumb can you be to not know this?