Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oden and Olowokandi are complete opposites, so stop bringing them up together. Also, stop coming in this thread.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this thread gets tainted with such people, I'm going to be forced to quit the forum completely.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://vine.co/v/M2ZtJrahzIE

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know what he is doing, but I am going off of what he has said about injuries. What I have said is about injuries only. If Embiid never had the injuries, he for sure is a good top pick (I love Nerlens, as you guys know too). Its just every 7 footer with stress fracture in that area of the foot never really get to where they should. Add in back problems, and thats the two areas that are the worst. Hell, Nerlens ACL tear is a injury to have in a big, because its easier to come back to that. No one has giving me a shred of info on the injuries side to be optimistic. If people did, I wouldnt have to talk about it as much.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Who the **** is saying he has no skills?
J-Mike. Did you not read his last post?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
J-Mike. Did you not read his last post?
I assumed the references was because Candi played only 500 games in 9 seasons, and Oden 105 in 6 seasons...
Old 07-20-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If this thread gets tainted with such people, I'm going to be forced to quit the forum completely.
You can't leave me, Paul. Too many people have left me...I can't handle any more abandonment.

Quote:
I assumed the references was because Candi played only 500 games in 9 seasons, and Oden 105 in 6 seasons...
Kandi was just a ****** player.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You can't leave me, Paul. Too many people have left me...I can't handle any more abandonment.

Kandi was just a ****** player.
Candi was also a 7 footer with feet issues.... Thats where I thought he was going with it.

But anyways, from the 19 players selected, who you think makes the USA teams 12? In all honesty, would love to see Korver make it. I think his game in FIBA rules would be nice.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, its good to see someone sees the situation how it actually is, rather then thinking about "if everything goes right". Stress fracture in your foot and back problems for two straight years on a 7 footer is not something to look over. Still, to this day, not one of you guys have told me a reason to think it should be looked over. I should probably find my last post about it, because I said then as well I will wait.
Being so new to basketball, Embiid's body was not used to the constant pressure. If he is worked in slowly, allowing his body to adapt, there is a great chance he makes it. As Philly will sit him all year, the situation is ideal.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Candi was also a 7 footer with feet issues.... Thats where I thought he was going with it.

But anyways, from the 19 players selected, who you think makes the USA teams 12? In all honesty, would love to see Korver make it. I think his game in FIBA rules would be nice.
Kandi was a 7 footer who was terrible at NBA basketball.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-20-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Minny....wtf? They're asking for waaay too much. They want another 1st rounder on top of what Cleveland is already offering? If I'm Cleveland I tell em to go **** themselves.
If someone is offering me Wiggins I'm jumping all over that before they change their mind.

At the end of the day I think the T-wolves are going to feel like they're being forced to move Love to the Cavs. They'll show everyone by taking a lesser deal from Golden State.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Being so new to basketball, Embiid's body was not used to the constant pressure. If he is worked in slowly, allowing his body to adapt, there is a great chance he makes it. As Philly will sit him all year, the situation is ideal.
How slowly do you think he'll need to be worked in? He broke down after playing just over 20 minutes a game for 28 games this year. I understand practicing and workouts are taxing on the body too, but the rigors of a college season aren't anything close to what he'll face in the NBA.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach just makes this thread awful, tbh
Old 07-20-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Lol because of one question no one has actually talked about until now? Thats cute.

Funny how everyone else says its J-Mike, but you decide its me. Very nice.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just sit and complain about taking the best talent in the draft, stashing away assets and were adamantly renouncing your "fandom" only to backtrack on it later. And anytime you find yourself agreeing with J-Mike, you have a big problem.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
You just sit and complain about taking the best talent in the draft, stashing away assets and were adamantly renouncing your "fandom" only to backtrack on it later. And anytime you find yourself agreeing with J-Mike, you have a big problem.
Youre right, I did be a ****** by the leaving the 76ers talk, and I also owned up to it as well if you dont recall. And still, about that situation, no one has answered my ******* question about it either, when the "stashed" players dont come over until the players we have now would be leaving. And I guess badgerbacker now makes this thread God-Awful as well then, since he realizes how stupid it is to think greatness on a player whose body couldnt do a college level schedule. But my apologizes, please lets go back to the Channing Frye conversations. I guess D-Unit is making this tread bad too since he is the only one on his side of the thought process too, huh? Maybe I would shut up about a topic if someone actually told me a reason to be hopeful. But I guess just saying "you are idiotic for thinking that" is better.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Quote:
You Longhorns need to be more inclusive.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Everyone knows D makes this thread awful with Magic talk. It used to be worse, believe me.

Also, i don't understand why you're so worried about the Sixers being able to re-sign MCW, he's not gonna be there long enough to take an extension. He's probably getting traded at some point within the next 12 months. Noel would need to be out of this world for the next two years for him to be considered for an extension, he's most likely playing most of his rookie contract out. His first year will be a learning year. The stashed guys will come, this is a long term play for Philadelphia, and maybe the management won't make it that far but they'll undoubtedly leave that team in better shape than it was at the beginning.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The 76ers suck, and they would suck this year no matter what. So, as any smart GM would do, they took a shot at having the best talent in the draft in Embiid. He had a couple of injuries, sure, but players have gotten over those injuries in the past.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-20-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
How slowly do you think he'll need to be worked in? He broke down after playing just over 20 minutes a game for 28 games this year. I understand practicing and workouts are taxing on the body too, but the rigors of a college season aren't anything close to what he'll face in the NBA.
He really just needs to get in the weight room and drink some ******* milk.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Everyone knows D makes this thread awful with Magic talk. It used to be worse, believe me.

Also, i don't understand why you're so worried about the Sixers being able to re-sign MCW, he's not gonna be there long enough to take an extension. He's probably getting traded at some point within the next 12 months. Noel would need to be out of this world for the next two years for him to be considered for an extension, he's most likely playing most of his rookie contract out. His first year will be a learning year. The stashed guys will come, this is a long term play for Philadelphia, and maybe the management won't make it that far but they'll undoubtedly leave that team in better shape than it was at the beginning.
This is a far better answer then just what people say that its stupid to think. So thank you for that.

That being said, I just think MCW is shooting far more then he would with a quality team around him. And I dont see us making a big trade, because I dont see any star willing to sign long term here. Which is why I preached overpaying Lance for this upcoming season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The 76ers suck, and they would suck this year no matter what. So, as any smart GM would do, they took a shot at having the best talent in the draft in Embiid. He had a couple of injuries, sure, but players have gotten over those injuries in the past.
I dont disagree no matter what that they would suck. They would, and will. But Embiid has the stress fracture in the part of his foot that has stopped other 7 footers from playing again. Jordan had the same injury, but Jordan is a completely different animal.

But to my question about the USA roster,

Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Derrick Rose, DeMar Derozan, Chandler Parsons, Steph Curry, Kyle Korver, Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, Paul George, Damian Lillard, Gordon Hayward, DeMarcus Cousins, Bradley Beal, Kenneth Faried, and Andre Drummond. Who do you take as your 12?
Old 07-20-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He really just needs to get in the weight room and drink some ******* milk.
Embiid's foot injury is about trying to be an athlete at seven feet tall and not a calcium deficiency.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Irving
Harden
Durant
Love
Drummond
Davis
George
Curry
Griffin
Lillard
Parsons
Faried
Old 07-20-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cousins, Davis, Love, Griffin as the bigs

Durant, George, Harden, Parsons, Korver as the wings

Curry, Kyrie, Lillard as the points

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Embiid's foot injury is about trying to be an athlete at seven feet tall and not a calcium deficiency.
How does adding calcium to your diet not help prevent stress fractures?